Do I have to eat with my family??

kathyemma

We are going on Oasis!!! Sailing Nov 20th!!! WOOO HOOO. We have four in our group, all in the same cabin and are doing MTD. Do we all have to eat together? It will be me, my 12 year old dd, my husband and his 18 year old son. I am sure there will be evenings when us girls are doing our stuff and we will want to eat at one time and the boys will want to eat at another time. Can we all eat in the dinning room? Or when the first group checks in - does that count as the meal for the entire room/reservation? When the group eating later have to hit WJ?

Thanks

Kathy

I would say you can all eat at separate times when you wanted to based on the information I saw when I booked MTD reservations online for my last cruise. When I did the reservation, I had to check if it was for all on the reservation or just me so it does look like it is set up to handle a split party.

We are going on Oasis!!! Sailing Nov 20th!!! WOOO HOOO. We have four in our group, all in the same cabin and are doing MTD. Do we all have to eat together? It will be me, my 12 year old dd, my husband and his 18 year old son. I am sure there will be evenings when us girls are doing our stuff and we will want to eat at one time and the boys will want to eat at another time. Can we all eat in the dinning room? Or when the first group checks in - does that count as the meal for the entire room/reservation? When the group eating later have to hit WJ?

Thanks

Kathy

If you and your daughter want to eat some place different for a "girls night" just go for it. Maybe your daughter would enjoy just eating a one of the specialty restaurant's with you for a little Mother and Daughter alone time. And I am sure your husband would also enjoying having a night with just him and his son. I think that this is a great idea you have here.

Yes, with MTD, your group should be able to show up in whatever combinations you want to each night. It's an interesting application that I hadn't thought of, but makes sense in your situation. I do know that parents of younger children use MTD after having taken their children to the Windjammer and then Adventure Ocean, then go to dinner themselves, so not everyone in your party has to dine at once.

I have to admit when I first read this question..my first thought here was..yea I know how ya feel I wouldn't want to eat with family either!..lol...Im on vacation from them!:D

I had the same thought! I can't even get my family to get along at Christmas and Thanksgiving. We have to assign time slots for their visits! Last year they wanted to know if "P" was going to be there and when I said yes then the other 2 said they weren't coming. I've actually had to plan 2 thanksgiving or 2 Christmas dinners on seperate days to have everyone over.

I can't imagine going on a cruise with them. :eek:

I've thinking of planning vacations to be away during these times now. :D

Not sure if you noticed, but we are sailing during Thanksgiving. This is my tradition with my dd - we started this when she was three and I really didn't want her to experience all of our insane family together at the same time! Thank God for Christmas - most go to their inlaws - so we can handle it. But now that my dd is older I do keep an eye on the Christmas sailings.

Glad to hear that you guys don't think it would be an issue for us to eat at different times.

Kathy

Not sure if you noticed, but we are sailing during Thanksgiving. This is my tradition with my dd - we started this when she was three and I really didn't want her to experience all of our insane family together at the same time! Thank God for Christmas - most go to their inlaws - so we can handle it. But now that my dd is older I do keep an eye on the Christmas sailings.

Glad to hear that you guys don't think it would be an issue for us to eat at different times.

Kathy

Heck, Kathy, if DD meets a nice little girl from another family, and they have MTD, and they invite her to eat with their family one night, THAT'S ok.

Have a great cruise, no matter who your dinner companions are! ;)

Heck, Kathy, if DD meets a nice little girl from another family, and they have MTD, and they invite her to eat with their family one night, THAT'S ok.

Have a great cruise, no matter who your dinner companions are! ;)

You know, I didn't even think about that. That would be nice - I may even have her do the inviting she meets someone with MTD.

Kathy

My children are older, in their 20's, but on our last cruise in the Med. I told them that dinner with the parents was optional for them since we were spending so much quality time together during the day sightseeing.

Surprisingly, they had dinner with us every night except the second formal night when they chose to stay in and order room service.

You just never know!

Archived