Where is Celebrity's big S-class announcement?

Infi

Maybe I missed it, but where is X's big announcement about the new features coming on Silhouette and Reflection? I seem to remember it was scheduled for the beginning of December - 12/3, maybe? And we all know how much X likes to make their announcements around December...

Like everyone else, I'm very curious to see what the changes will be, but especially because of the rumors I heard from the crew while on Eclipse. (Heck, they came from reputable crew members, so they're probably true, but I hesitate to call anything heard on a ship as fact.) Here's some things I heard - remember, they're just rumors for now:

--The Hot Glass show will not be on Silhouette or Reflection (this came from the glassblowers themselves).

--Qsine will be on Silhouette

--A new specialty restaurant will replace the Hot Glass Show's location on the Lawn Club.

--There is a tentative order at Meyer Werft for two more S-class ships (Ships #6 and 7), that will be slightly bigger than the existing S-class. RCI is playing the wait-and-see game before they give the go-ahead on these.

Has anyone heard any other rumors? Or, better yet, anyone know where the mysterious announcement is? ;)

Maybe I missed it, but where is X's big announcement about the new features coming on Silhouette and Reflection? I seem to remember it was scheduled for the beginning of December - 12/3, maybe? And we all know how much X likes to make their announcements around December...

Like everyone else, I'm very curious to see what the changes will be, but especially because of the rumors I heard from the crew while on Eclipse. (Heck, they came from reputable crew members, so they're probably true, but I hesitate to call anything heard on a ship as fact.) Here's some things I heard - remember, they're just rumors for now:

--The Hot Glass show will not be on Silhouette or Reflection (this came from the glassblowers themselves).

--Qsine will be on Silhouette

--A new specialty restaurant will replace the Hot Glass Show's location on the Lawn Club.

--There is a tentative order at Meyer Werft for two more S-class ships (Ships #6 and 7), that will be slightly bigger than the existing S-class. RCI is playing the wait-and-see game before they give the go-ahead on these.

Has anyone heard any other rumors? Or, better yet, anyone know where the mysterious announcement is? ;)

Yes, it is on Dec. 8, I started a thread on it last week. I did hear the new ship order but that was a few months ago and I think its more accurate that people got that confused with two ships still being built. (Silhouette and Reflection.)

Yes, it is on Dec. 8, I started a thread on it last week. I did hear the new ship order but that was a few months ago and I think its more accurate that people got that confused with two ships still being built. (Silhouette and Reflection.)
Nope. From what I gathered on the EQ, the announcement will be the growth of the S class fleet from the original 5 ships to 7 ships.

I have been told the same information. I will miss the HGS; I have enjoyed it on the other S class ships.

HGS does not generate Revenue and has to be VERY expensive to operate (personnel) and maintain.

I could see them putting a Bar and a Specialty Resturant up there (think Tavern on the Green). Also hope that they put Canopy type covers on the Aft Cabins to "hide" from above but still allow some sun.

I wish they would add a spa type area up there with a t pool-- that would enhance the AQ experience & make a nicer adjunct to the lawn area.....

the Glass show was a big investment & interesting, but once the newness wears off many would not go mutliple times to view it..

hope the ships are not much larger--perfect the way they are now...

I wish they would add a spa type area up there with a t pool-- that would enhance the AQ experience & make a nicer adjunct to the lawn area.....

the Glass show was a big investment & interesting, but once the newness wears off many would not go mutliple times to view it..

hope the ships are not much larger--perfect the way they are now...

They already have a Solarium type T-Pool forward, just off the Spa. If you are requesting a Pool like the M=class, its probably easier to refit the Solarium Pool. Not enough room up in the HGS for a Pool and such, plus the deck below (Oceanview Cafe) would have to go away (probably not going to happen ;)

I can understand the desire to integrate AQ with Lawn space but just not possible (unless they put BLU up in that new space and then take the current BLU space and make it another type of special resturant (then they are all grouped together).

We will be so disapointed if they don't have the hot glass show on the Silhouette, we went every day on the Equinox and really looked forward to it. The whole lawn area was a big hit with our group. Another resturant- do we really need it?

I think the announcement is tomorrow, the 8th.

Bev

We will be so disapointed if they don't have the hot glass show on the Silhouette, we went every day on the Equinox and really looked forward to it.

I agree. My wife and I attended many of the shows on Equinox during our recent transatlantic crossing. We loved watching the hot glass shows and were extremely impressed with the skill of the glass blowers as well as how entertaining they were to watch. We even are considering signing up for a beginner glass blowing class here in Chicago because of how much fun we had watching the glass blowing demonstrations.

Ah, I guess I was too early and jumped the gun! Thanks for all the corrections, everyone. Looks like today will be the big day...looking forward to it.

I'm with most of the comments on this thread, I will be very sad to see the HGS go on the next two ships. We love to watch the show and make it a point to try and see all of them that we can. But, I understand that it's probably very costly to operate and maintain a staff and the equipment for it. I'm just grateful that they put it on three ships for us to enjoy. I'm sure Corning has enjoyed the extra publicity as well.

I'm sure a specialty restaurant in its place will have beautiful views, but I don't think we really need another specialty restaurant, either. 3 specialty restaurants (4 if you count Blu) is a lot for one ship. I feel like most tastes (Italian, French, Asian, or tapas) are covered in the existing ones, what more can you add? Choice is great, but at the same time, I don't want this to turn into NCL here, where the pay options outnumber the free ones.

Also...I have heard the rumor of ships #6 and 7 before on here, and was surprised to hear it from crew onboard the ship myself. I think (hope?) this one might be for real. :)

I wonder if an announcement of ships 6 and 7 would relate to the widening of the Panama Canal? In previous conversations with Sr Staff, one of the drawbacks of the S-class is that she won't go through the current Panama Canal. New locks are suppose to be ready in 2014. Could this mean that 1 or 2 S Class could go to the West Coast? It is not a money maker to around the Cape, but if they could pass through the Canal and open up the Western Mexican Coast market, then it would make sense to have additional ships.

So in the Winter - 3 S-class in South Florida, 2 in San Juan and 2 in San Diego/LA?????

Summer they could be 1 in Bayonne (That is going to happen), 1 in North Europe, 4 in Med and maybe 1 in Alaska along with the M-Class?

This all of course is just the Tiki Intinerary Wishful thinking (in a perfect Tiki world I would keep 1 S Class in Lauderdale year round).

We will be so disapointed if they don't have the hot glass show on the Silhouette, we went every day on the Equinox and really looked forward to it. The whole lawn area was a big hit with our group. Another resturant- do we really need it?

I think the announcement is tomorrow, the 8th.

Bev

I agree. My wife and I attended many of the shows on Equinox during our recent transatlantic crossing. We loved watching the hot glass shows and were extremely impressed with the skill of the glass blowers as well as how entertaining they were to watch. We even are considering signing up for a beginner glass blowing class here in Chicago because of how much fun we had watching the glass blowing demonstrations.

Hi Gonzo & Bev !

Add me to the list. IMHO, the HGS is one of the best features of the S-Class, and I will be somewhat disappointed if it were replaced with a Specialty Dining venue. I heard onboard Constellation last week, this was a strong possibility. I believe I read that there might be 2 new Specialty Dining venues.

An interesting sidenote... several of the HGS staff have mentioned that it's very difficult to get Glassblowers to sign on, as they are expected to be away for several months at a time, and many of them have their own businesses. If the HGS rumor proves to be true, perhaps the shortage was part of their decision. Then again, it could easily be a $$$ decision.

Personally, I'm very curious to see if there will be any announcement on Ships 6 & 7. Or, if it's just another rumor. Less than 1/2 hour to go, before the presentation starts, and I hope to be listening in.

I wonder if an announcement of ships 6 and 7 would relate to the widening of the Panama Canal? In previous conversations with Sr Staff, one of the drawbacks of the S-class is that she won't go through the current Panama Canal. New locks are suppose to be ready in 2014. Could this mean that 1 or 2 S Class could go to the West Coast? It is not a money maker to around the Cape, but if they could pass through the Canal and open up the Western Mexican Coast market, then it would make sense to have additional ships.

So in the Winter - 3 S-class in South Florida, 2 in San Juan and 2 in San Diego/LA?????

Summer they could be 1 in Bayonne (That is going to happen), 1 in North Europe, 4 in Med and maybe 1 in Alaska along with the M-Class?

This all of course is just the Tiki Intinerary Wishful thinking (in a perfect Tiki world I would keep 1 S Class in Lauderdale year round).

Sounds good so far. Love to see that in real :)

18 minutes...

AQ for suites, extend length and frequency of use for Lawn Club, and expanded dining options

Added deck of staterooms on Reflection.. 42 suites, 11 CC, 9 Insides

Reflection is wider by a meter, and adds seats to all the restaurants, and more loungers and theater seating

both ships: focus changes on lawn club, michael's club, and team earth

lawn club: gets hammocks and giant "adirondack" chairs

Silhouette: no HGS - becomes a restaurant

Lawn club new restaurant: The Porch - seats 48 (no charge)

Is a covered area, where the golf club is currently located

Positioned as an alternative to the cafe

Lawn Club Grill - new specialty restaurant

Demos and classes by day

High quality grill by night - choose your meat

Lawn club art studio - hands on interaction and instruction

Small parties can be set to have dinner up there by night

Lawn club "alcoves" - eight per ship

2-4 guests, for charge, partial and full day rentals

includes ala carte dining options and wifi

Archived