Where is Celebrity's big S-class announcement?

Infi

This is just a guess, but I bet they reduce the Waterfountain area and maybe put in a larger "bridge" area between the pools (like on the M Class). Plus the extra width may allow for more space but doubt they are going a full 8 to 10 feet in width, but who knows.

Interested as to where the new AQ Suites and these extra rooms will be? Certainly not an entire New Deck.

Kinda sorry to hear they are expanding BLU, I know they will have additional passengers in AQ but that was kind of nice that is was small. ALso, with AQ Suites, does that mean a 3rd berth for AQ??????? Please say no (although it would help my family situation out personally, still would rather not have "3rd" passengers in AQ)

As to Michaels, I like the sound of this. Certainly seems they are moving the target a little bit as to the market niche, wonder how that will play out?

Great point about the 3rds in AQ suites. Also, I wonder with the advent of AQ suites, if they will still allow regular suite passengers to eat in Blu.

It is not PERCEIVED problems with ambient temps in AK, this comes from the people who actually do the glass show. They all said on several occasions that they could never do the show in Alaska, between the temps and the wind.

I just think you should never say never.

Figures bandied about for the alcoves have been as much as $80 for a half day to $150 to a full day. Also they have talked about suite guests getting first reservation choice. Picnic baskets would start at $10 to as much as $50. He said on the call there has been a huge tug of war internally with regard to pricing on the alcoves.

Interested as to where the new AQ Suites and these extra rooms will be? Certainly not an entire New Deck.

Hi Tiki !

Actually, thats exactly where it's coming from on Reflection. There is 1 additional Deck.

Actually, based on what Dan was saying, yes, it will be, and those AQ suites will be on the new deck. Celebrity Reflection will have one more deck than her S-Class sisters, and will also be one meter wider. IOW, the Super-Sized S-Class ship.

It is not PERCEIVED problems with ambient temps in AK, this comes from the people who actually do the glass show. They all said on several occasions that they could never do the show in Alaska, between the temps and the wind.

Figures bandied about for the alcoves have been as much as $80 for a half day to $150 to a full day. Also they have talked about suite guests getting first reservation choice. Picnic baskets would start at $10 to as much as $50. He said on the call there has been a huge tug of war internally with regard to pricing on the alcoves.

Okay, won't say never about Alaska (and I actually would LOVE to have an S-Class up there), but unless they keep one on the West Coast I doubt it will happen - but again, never say never.

Alcoves could be the perfect thing for folks with Inside Cabins. You get the cheap inside for sleeping and changin clothes, then you "rent" the Alcoves for your outside time (this is all in jest of course).

Hi Tiki !

Actually, thats exactly where it's coming from on Reflection. There is 1 additional Deck.

Hmm, another entire deck. Ok, just hope this does not start to take away from the overall look (and become an "Epic" failure)

Also, just got an email from Celebrity talking about the announcement with pic's - they are on the ball (and behind CC of course)

Tiki

Celebrity Cruises to present more avant-garde industry firsts on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection

AquaClass Suites, The Lawn Club Grill, The Porch, The Alcoves and new Michael's Club concept among innovative new offerings

Miami - (December 08, 2010 ) - How do you make the best even better? Celebrity Cruises believes you break the rules, stay ahead of the curve, and provide what vacationers want most - often before they even say they want it. That belief is vividly reflected in the distinctive, luxurious, vacation-enhancing venues Celebrity will introduce on the fourth and fifth ships in its award-winning Solstice Class fleet, Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection.

"We recognize that consumers' vacation time is precious, and that's what drives us to continually create new and unique experiences that enhance their rare time away," said Celebrity Cruises President & CEO Dan Hanrahan. "The host of honors our Solstice Class and Millennium Class have won have been incredible validation of that commitment, and on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection, we're capitalizing on the opportunity to further elevate our onboard offerings, particularly in our Solstice Class' iconic Lawn Club, and with our wildly popular AquaClass category of accommodations and its exclusive specialty restaurant, Blu. Initially, we planned to introduce these exciting new enhancements only on Celebrity Reflection, but to our delight, our outstanding partners at Meyer Werft were able to also deliver every new feature with the exception of AquaClass Suites on Celebrity Silhouette."

New Aquaclass Sky suites highlight expanded accommodations

Driven by high demand for Celebrity's industry-first AquaClass category of spa-inspired accommodations, and by way of an additional deck being added to Celebrity Reflection, Celebrity will introduce on that ship the line's first AquaClass Suites, each offering 251 square feet of luxurious interior space and spacious 57-square-foot verandas, and all the amenities associated with Celebrity's AquaClass accommodations, including exclusive and complimentary access to the highly-rated specialty restaurant, "Blu," noted for inviting, modern design and flavorful, healthy, clean cuisine. The new suites also will offer the luxurious 24/7 butler service that is a hallmark of every suite across the Celebrity fleet. In addition to the 34 new AquaClass Suites, Celebrity Reflection also will present an additional eight luxurious new Sky Suites, 19 additional plush ConciergeClass staterooms, and 11 additional inside staterooms, bringing the stateroom/suite total to 1,515.

Maintaining Celebrity's best-in-class, premium space ratio and lauded traffic flow, Celebrity Reflection will offer an additional 245 loungers on the expanded pool deck to suit the increased overall guest capacity, as well as 45 additional seats in the Celebrity Theater, 118 in Oceanview Café, 24 additional seats each in Blu and in Tuscan Grille, four more in Qsine, and 40 additional seats in the main dining room, where Celebrity also offers Celebrity Select DiningSM, the industry's first flexible dining option allowing guests to choose when they wish to dine on a flexible, day-by-day basis.

The Lawn Club

Inspired by the popularity of its iconic, industry-first Lawn Club, Celebrity will leverage its brand pillars of outstanding dining experiences, enriching activities, relaxation and pampering, and modern design to offer vacationers on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection significantly expanded opportunities to eat and drink, relax and lounge, and participate and socialize within the inviting space.

The Lawn Club Grill

Both Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection will present "The Lawn Club Grill," the industry's first outdoor, interactive grill venue. A new, exceptionally social specialty dining option overlooking the lush lawn and soothing sea, The Lawn Club Grill will boast a design likely to be the envy of novice and experienced chefs alike, with gleaming stainless steel grills and other appliances, custom pizza-making tables and large ovens.

By day, in addition to a casual lunch menu highlighted by a variety of high-end burgers, the venue will present interactive demonstrations and classes focused on pizza-making - including the art of dough-tossing - grilling secrets, mouth-watering marinades and more, led by Celebrity's own chefs, as well as guest chefs participating in Celebrity's "Savor Your Destination" program.

By night, in a particularly unique twist, guests will have their choice from an array of top-quality meats to either grill themselves, side-by-side with Celebrity's chefs, or have grilled to order. A nominal surcharge will apply. Complementing the dinner experience will be libations ranging from wines, beer and sangria, all consistent with the casual nature of the 56-seat restaurant.

The Porch

With its chic, Hamptons-style design, modern furnishings, and creative use of natural light, all complemented by the enticing aroma of fresh-baked breads and pastries, The Porch will be the idyllic spot for quick, simple, casual and complimentary breakfasts and lunches. The intimate, 48-seat venue will be the perfect place to enjoy complimentary fresh pastries, salads, paninis and other sandwiches, in addition to specialty coffees, beer and wine, all enhanced by views of the lawn and sea.

The Art Studio

With one of the world's largest corporate collections of contemporary art exhibited across its fleet, and given the enthusiasm guests expressed when the line introduced the industry's first art tours to be offered on an iPad®, Celebrity will further appeal to its guests' love of art in "The Art Studio" within the area of The Lawn Club. There, experienced and novice artists alike can participate in intimate, hands-on instruction from experts in drawing, painting and beading, as well as the art of food, with plating, tastings, mixology and other culinary-themed classes.

The Art Studio also will present exclusive, intimate pairing dinners hosted by guest chefs participating in Celebrity's Savor Your Destination program.

The Alcoves

For a private retreat overlooking the lawn, ocean and coastlines, Celebrity also will present within The Lawn Club "The Alcoves," eight exclusive, cabana-style settings, each designed for two to four guests. Each of The Alcoves on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection will offer WiFi for guests who want to stay connected while relaxing, themed picnic baskets and an a la carte beverage menu. The Alcoves will be available as partial or all-day rentals.

Adjacent to The Alcoves, guests will find eight inviting hammocks and two whimsical, oversized Adirondack chairs, each offering complimentary, additional opportunities to relax amidst the atmosphere of the lawn and sea.

Michael's Club

Celebrity's history and future will converge in Michael's Club - a venue found on every Celebrity ship - where the line will present on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection a restyled, casually elegant bar where vacationers can sit back and enjoy the comfortably sophisticated atmosphere while watching the World Cup games and sipping a Chimay Blue.

Across the Celebrity fleet, Michael's Club offers an impressive selection of rare malts, whiskies and scotches. Building on that tradition, the "new" Michael's Club on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection will add an equally impressive selection of more than 50 beers, including flavorful craft beers, and will allow guests to participate in engaging experiences such as ideal food and beer pairings, how to pour the perfect draft, or how to select the proper beer glass, all while snacking on homemade, gourmet potato chips and bread sticks, and fresh, lightly-spiced caramel popcorn, amidst a vibe of live music and cool playlists, or major international sporting events airing on the venue's large, 46" TV screens.

The Hideway

Guests seeking a particularly quiet spot to get away from it all can do so in a new venue inspired precisely by that interest. "The Hideaway" on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection will provide a high-tech escape for vacationers relaxing with their iPads or perhaps trying out a new Apple product from the Celebrity iLounge, or a low-tech retreat for reading a good book. Inspired by the live trees suspended within the Grand Foyer of every Solstice Class ship, the design of The Hideaway reflects that of an upscale, avant-garde tree house, with cozy, intimate lounging "nests," or niches.

The Solstice Class Difference

"We are constantly dedicated to building every aspect of the Celebrity vacation experience around what vacationers want most during their precious time away, and the greatest validation of that commitment has been the response to our stunning Solstice Class," said Hanrahan. "We're eager to have our guests continue to experience all the distinctive attributes of those stunning ships, as well as the new offerings they have inspired on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection. We are confident all of this will further solidify our leadership role in the industry and keep vacationers coming back."

In addition to the innovative new venues and experiences, Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection will join sister ships Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Equinox and Celebrity Eclipse in offering:

The hip "Celebrity iLounge" that made Celebrity Cruises the industry's first Authorized Apple Reseller

Uniquely unordinary "Qsine," the first seagoing restaurant to feature a menu and wine list on an iPad®, and an engaging food-as-theater dining experience

Ten unrivaled restaurants - in addition to "The Lawn Club Grill" and "The Porch"

Modern, stylish interiors designed by some of the world's best architects and designers, including Adam Tihany

Cool nightclubs and lounges, including CellarMasters, complete with the industry's first installation of the innovative Enomatic wine serving system

One of the broadest and best wine offerings in the industry, served by one of the world's largest staffs of certified sommeliers

One of the world's largest permanent collections of original contemporary art, and the industry's first self-guided art tours to be presented on an iPad®

Top-tier entertainment, including custom aerial production shows and live music

The extensive array of fun, entertaining and enriching onboard programming offered through "Celebrity Life," including games, instruction on the latest iPods®, MacBooks® and iLife® classes; language learning through Rosetta Stone®; comparative wine tastings with Riedel Crystal, and enrichment presentations with Smithsonian Journeys

from

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/pressDetails.do;jsessionid=0000ve2-3wf2bAkvA3xHe0uCVj5:12hdbcuh7?pagename=press_room_details&event_date=2010-12-08&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A

Sorry, don't buy it and especially to say that now that they are not on the new ships, they might go to Alaska is a little off base. I'm sure that is the last consideration if it is true which I seriously doubt...

Originally Posted by CoachT viewpost.gif

Picnic baskets would start at $10 to as much as $50.

You can already get picnics on s-class ships.

Here is the range and costings. Nothing for $10.

You must request this 24hrs in advance via the Restaurant Hostess on board.

There is a maximum of 8 guests having a picnic simultaneously allowed.

There seem to be 3 levels of hamper (and sorry you don't get to keep the hamper!)

Bistro on Five Picnic

Home Made Country Pâté with Cornichons and Crackers

Coleslaw

Chicken Pesto Mozzarella Country Loaf Sandwich

Fruits Brochette

Cheesecake, c\Coconut Dacquoise Lollipops

Choice of white or red wine

Suggested RT price: $ 50

Tuscan Grill Picnic

Antipasti for Two – Variety of Cured Meats and Mix Cheese with Mix Olives, Roasted Peppers and Basil Pesto

Mediterranean Seafood Pasta Salad

Foccaccia, all Grains and Crostini Breads with Pesto and Aioli Dip

Chocolate Brownies and Assorted Cookies

Suggested RT price: $ 70

Blu Picnic

Spinach Salad, Roquefort Cheese, Toasted Pecans, Prosciutto and Black Pepper Dressing

Blackened Tuna Salad, Soy Beans, Soba Noodles, Soy Vinaigrette

Shrimp Cocktail-Jumbo Tiger Prawns Served with Cocktail Sauce

Organic Bread Selection with Flavored Olive Oil

Assorted Berries Plate

Pear Tart Bordelaise

Almond Cake

Chocolate Brownie

Suggested RT price: $ 90

You can have either a lunch or a dinner picnic

Lunch 12:30 – 14:30

Dinner 18:00 – 21:00

I am mildly confused vis-a-vis picnics. Does this mean that you can buy a picnic basket, which will apparently feed up to eight folks? Also, where will you have the picnic?

Jack, they even throw in free Ants and Bee's (at least on our Solstice sailing the lawn area was shut for a couple of days because of a Bee's nest - no kidding)

Just watch out for Yogi :)

love the idea of turning Michael's club in micro brew type pub, hoping they show ESPN on the big screens; as for paying $30 pp to help grill my own meat, no thank you. I liked the hot glass show, but I can see why they are converting the space into a revenue producing area, fine by me as long as it keeps the basic prices for balconies low.

In many ways I’m not surprised that celebrity is not making 2 new ships (well its not for certain) but I would think they have a lot to think about with these new ships, before they start to make 6 or 7. The new deck is full of cabins right, no public rooms at all? Good they are expanding the reflection itself to accommodate this. I really liked the Michael s like it was but, I’m sure this new Michael s club it very nice! I really like the way the lawn club was with the HGS, will really miss it :(. I love the pictures of the hideaway it looks like a fantastic public room!! As does the porch. But overall I must say I think they have done a excellent job with the changes! Very nice celebrity!!

I'm very excited about these new additions/changes. I love the hot glass show and will see it again if I'm on one of the "S" class that has it in the future. BUT our Silhouette cruise next September just became much more interesting! A new Specialty Rest to check out(actually 2 for us since we haven't been to Qsine yet). LOVE the idea of changing Michael's Club, it's been a weak link I think for "S" class, great room, not great piano players, terribly underutilized, I'm sure we will be there often with this change as DH is a dedicated beer drinker...will take some time to try them all!!

The Lawn Club grill sounds very cool and DH will LOVE being able to cook a steak alongside an X chef, at least that's what it sounds like! And we always like all the cooking demonstrations so that's a plus too.

Also like the idea of AQ Suites, although we'll stick with normal AQ as suspect these will be pricey and I guess only Reflections is getting those anyway.

How fun! It will be like exploring a new class of ship again, albeit with many familiar venues but still lots of changes too!! Can't wait for Sept.:D

Great point about the 3rds in AQ suites. Also, I wonder with the advent of AQ suites, if they will still allow regular suite passengers to eat in Blu.

They're only adding a few tables--just enough to handle the new AQ Suites. The same barriers to completely opening it to all suites will still be there.

They already have a Solarium type T-Pool forward, just off the Spa. If you are requesting a Pool like the M=class, its probably easier to refit the Solarium Pool. Not enough room up in the HGS for a Pool and such, plus the deck below (Oceanview Cafe) would have to go away (probably not going to happen ;)

I can understand the desire to integrate AQ with Lawn space but just not possible (unless they put BLU up in that new space and then take the current BLU space and make it another type of special resturant (then they are all grouped together).

I know you are right but the S class pool while lovely is not a T pool ;like the have in other ship's spas!

Thanks Andy for bringing all this info to us..

There was another post I saw that had some of this info & commented there--really not sure if we like it but there's always the first two S class ships to enjoy for the less than enthused!

Thanks to everyone who posted the details of the press conference as it happened on the thread. I'm still trying to process these changes, my knee-jerk reaction is skepticism about most of them. First, although I've seen the renderings online, it's hard to imagine how all this will FIT on the Lawn Club. Yes, it's a big area, but oddly shaped, especially at the ends. Considering how they're adding so many things (restaurants, cabanas, art studio, etc.), I worry most of the Lawn Club itself will disappear. Was it underutilized and underdeveloped before? Yes, probably. But have they tried to add too much in one shot? I hope not.

--While I'm iffy on the cabana idea, I can see why X is trying it out - HAL and Princess do it with their Retreat cabanas and Sanctuary, and it's the very "in" thing to do right now at hotels and such.

--I appreciate that X has added a free venue (The Porch) in addition to a pay one. Nice touch. Most lines would have just added a pay one, or made both pay venues. Yesterday I said that I couldn't imagine what a new specialty restaurant would cover, but they proved me wrong with the new grilling-with-the-chefs concept. Very unique. It also looks like they'll be taking advantage of the views from the new restaurant both at lunch and dinner. The Porch sounds neat, almost like a marriage of Cafe al Bacio's pastries and coffees and Bistro on 5's paninis, except outdoors.

--The art studio is a nice touch, reminds me of the Queen's Lounge culinary demonstration center on the HAL ships with some art demonstrations tossed in. If done right, this could be a really great place onboard.

--I am really sad about the removal about the HGS, but I can understand why they're doing it. It's had a good run and it's on three ships already, and I'm sure it costs a ton to maintain and staff. But if they remove it on the existing 3 S-class...oh, I will be just heartbroken. :( Don't do it, X!

--Michael's Club changes...I hope X can pull this off without making it too beer-and-peanuts sports bar. The craft beers thing is very "in" right now, so it also makes sense, and they've tried to class it up with the interactive games etc. I'm sure it will garner Michael's more foot traffic, too. Michael's certainly has come a long way since its introduction on Century as the cigar bar! Remember, cigars were "in" back then, too. ;)

--Love the Hideaway! I've always thought that, while I appreciate Celebrity's conservation efforts, the Team Earth area is a waste of good space. The Hideaway sounds very unique and like a fun place to escape with a good book.

Although I'm slightly skeptical for now, I'm willing to give these new ideas a chance. I remember being very skeptical of Qsine when it was announced, and I loved the restaurant when we tried it. So I have hope X can make these improvements well-integrated with the ship and add their own X-style design touch to them. I look forward to seeing the new improvements in action.

Archived