Crown & Anchor Society level changes

I don't remember any lead time on the Diamonds getting the boot, but maybe someone else will remember it more. However, I do remember them giving some lead time on combining with the Next Cruise certificate thingys that we had purchased. They even came back after the fact and said any certificates that were purchased prior to that change date could still be combined with other benefits including the Shareholder benefit...........I still have one of those things to use.
the original email/letter had about a 2 1/2 month lead time to implementation and then when Adam Goldstein responded on April 13, 2009 to all the comments etc, implementation was set for 9/1/2009.

I too remember a "warning" of the changes last time there were changes that were in the negative. I've been thinking that all these posts about it being effective immediately might be wrong. I still hope that when they do make changes they do as they have done in the past and give us a little heads up.

..but I certainly didn't see a red carpet being rolled out for them!

When I was on RD last month, there literally was a red carpet at Guest Relations. I don't remember exactly what the sign said, but it included D+ in the list. I used that line without hesitation and received positive

comments and encouragement from people in the regular line.

Eye of the beholder?

I wore my second on Radiance though as they were waiting in our cabin and the letter asked us to wear them for entrance to the Diamond events.

So - Were there any special events on your sailing? We had a great sailing, but no events, perhpas because it was only 4 nights.

Thanks, M

Adam Goldstein called and is so tired of all these posts he decided to sell RCCL to Carnival.:(:(:eek::eek::mad::mad:

Awesome than I would be D+ with combined companies

Oh what a minute if it would be owned by Carnival than they owe me 25% off my last cruise, Dam I would have booked a longer one than if that was the case

hmmmm, so now they changed the announcement date. You know what that means to them..........more bookings!!! I think they thought this out very well. Now the rest of the people that are close to the next level will rush to cruise to make that next level so they can be grandfathered in. I guess with all the new people in the new levels, they'll really have to do something about the benefits and overcrowding......LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I didn't wear the first pin I got in December. I wore my second on Radiance though as they were waiting in our cabin and the letter asked us to wear them for entrance to the Diamond events.

This reminds me. I put my pin on when I saw our kids with theirs on. DH DIDN'T put his on but then we ran into the hotel director before sail away and he asked DH where his pin was. He noticed it wasn't on. :o We went back to our room so DH could put his on. That night DH took off his shirt and shook it without taking off the pin. It went flying and broke. The next day when Clunis found out what happened, he took us directly to his office and handed DH another one. :eek: I guess that means it is expected to be worn. :p

I'm not about to offend the HD by not wearing my pin.

Gina

it's so interesting to read all of the different "takes/reactions" to perks, VIP treatment, etc. Just goes to show you that whatever RCl does regarding changes, some of us may like them and others will not. there is no pleasing everyone.

VIp treatment. For suite guests.....I don't have a problem with giving suite guests some more perks. They usually pay more than double what a balcony costs! As for reserved seating, in the theater it's not very obvious and it's only a couple of rows. At the pool, it's also a small section (even if it ends up being the tiered area).

Before we got to diamond Plus, I was not even aware that there was

A CL. Then as we started to know more people (and use CC), I was more aware of the perks. I did not resent those that got to use the CL. I felt that ,like other loyalty programs, they "earned" it.

Someone mentioned special lines, etc. used by other companies like airlines.......they have a first class only line and it's usually empty. I don't resent that either! Actually, I wish I was able to afford to fly first class too!

As for the special lines at check in for boarding....the last several cruises the "special" lines are really not very special when they include everyone fro gold to diamond plus......they are usually longer than the "regular" lines.

hmmmm, so now they changed the announcement date. You know what that means to them..........more bookings!!! I think they thought this out very well. Now the rest of the people that are close to the next level will rush to cruise to make that next level so they can be grandfathered in. I guess with all the new people in the new levels, they'll really have to do something about the benefits and overcrowding......LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes:

This thought occurred to me, also.

What I have noticed is everyone who has gone and done a live chat has recieved the same word for word answer:

At this time we are not making any changes to the Crown and Anchor program. We are always looking for ways to improve our program, and although nothing has been announced, we do hope to continue to make improvements

can you say-scripted!!!;)

Guess they can't win. When they adlib their response we criticize them for not giving the same answer or not knowing what is going on, and when they all give the same answer we criticize them for following a script. If I were running any company I would want all my employees giving standard responses to question, not providing information that might contradict what another company representative said.

hmmmm, so now they changed the announcement date.

Actually we don't know that they have "changed the announcement date" since we don't know with any certainty that an announcement was planned for today (or any given date for that matter). All we have to go on are rumors posted by one or more individuals and the subsequent speculation about the nature of the alleged "changes" by many more posters. This situation would probably make a good case study on the power of spreading rumors.

Before we got to diamond Plus, I was not even aware that there was

A CL. Then as we started to know more people (and use CC), I was more aware of the perks. I did not resent those that got to use the CL. I felt that ,like other loyalty programs, they "earned" it.

Exactly the same for me - if it weren't for CC, I may never have known anything with regard to C&A!!! :eek:

The whole change thing could easily have been leaked to CC members to see what kind of reaction may come. RCCL watches threads here so really it is one way to get a quick head count of a split between favor changes and not favor changes...from there they can play with other leaks until they get a level of response they want on a serious of changes that make business sense. Just a though from the Frozen South....

Actually we don't know that they have "changed the announcement date" since we don't know with any certainty that an announcement was planned for today (or any given date for that matter). All we have to go on are rumors posted by one or more individuals and the subsequent speculation about the nature of the alleged "changes" by many more posters. This situation would probably make a good case study on the power of spreading rumors.

I guess your right since it was only on CC that I heard about the Jan 12th announcement, but I thought I read somewhere on cruise critic that someone was told they postponed it to a later date. I think I'm reading to much!!!:rolleyes:

The whole change thing could easily have been leaked to CC members to see what kind of reaction may come. RCCL watches threads here so really it is one way to get a quick head count of a split between favor changes and not favor changes...from there they can play with other leaks until they get a level of response they want on a serious of changes that make business sense. Just a though from the Frozen South....

You are right. They could have leaked it to CC members but looking back over the responses since the rumor was originally posted, did you really see any responses that a reasonably intelligent person (and I'm hoping that most of the people at RCI are reasonably intelligent) couldn't have foreseen? If they were truly taken off guard by the reaction to the September, 2009 changes don't you think that they should have a better idea of what reaction more changes would create?

Bill

The new rumor is that the rumored announcement has been postponed. :D:):D

I don't know, it doesn't really matter to us. We have our full vacation time and cost complement of cruises already booked between now and spring 2012. Unless we can sneak one in on a Florida land trip this fall. ;)

You are right. They could have leaked it to CC members but looking back over the responses since the rumor was originally posted, did you really see any responses that a reasonably intelligent person (and I'm hoping that most of the people at RCI are reasonably intelligent) couldn't have foreseen? If they were truly taken off guard by the reaction to the September, 2009 changes don't you think that they should have a better idea of what reaction more changes would create?

Bill

You and Rancher Dave are right on methinks. I, also, suspected way back that this would be a ploy to get people that are close to the next level to book and get to the next level before changes went into effect.

Me? I will make Diamond+ after my trans-Atlantic if they keep the credit system. If they don't and go by nights, I will miss it by six days. Did I run down to Galveston (20 minutes from my house) and jump on a Voyager cruise to hedge my bets? No--because I can buy a whole lot of drinks, internet time, whatever with what that cruise would cost. Being Diamond+ is not that big a deal for me. At least not big enough to chase that carrot which seems to keep moving away. I made Diamond and got one cruise in before they tossed us from the CL.

Tucker in Texas

The whole change thing could easily have been leaked to CC members to see what kind of reaction may come. RCCL watches threads here so really it is one way to get a quick head count of a split between favor changes and not favor changes...from there they can play with other leaks until they get a level of response they want on a serious of changes that make business sense.

Well people frome the industry do read this site

There is a logic to the above

I read the cruise critic article on what is going on with the RCI loyalty program. Am I allowed to say this? The senior editor doesn't know how many cruise credits it takes to become D+. I know others get it wrong, but cruise critic editors should know the number is 24 cruise credits...not 25. Simple mistake, I know. But it's still wrong.

Gina

Archived