PORTS YOU WOULD LIKE TO VISIT  

59 members have voted

1. 1. PORTS YOU WOULD LIKE TO VISIT

• Rome
    • Florence
    • Venice
    • Barcelona
    • Greek Islands

You're right! In fact, my wife and I are booked on an August 2011 sailing of Magic (Western Mediterranean) and we booked it January 2010! So, booking a summer 2012 cruise in January this year makes perfect sense to us. Count us as definite maybes, Pugs.

P.S. Keep in mind there's always a chance Breeze won't do Europe, though its scheduled spring delivery is perfectly timed to do the Mediterranean.

Your doing the Magic this August, you must bring us lots of info. back ! :D

1. Pugs ( Barbara and Joe)

2. Pugs 2 ( John and Joey)

3.garysol1 maybe4.

4. tink 360 maybe

5. bb2842 maybe

6. Sunnyday 2010 (Lynda & Corissa)

7. TeacherCruiser09 maybe

8. Millie and Daughter

9. Williamson Maybe

10. T&K Cruiser Maybe

11. Willyguy Maybe

12. Notme1955 Maybe

13. WendyJo (Linda and Charlie) Maybe

14. Sunnyday2010 Maybe

15.DEBnGAB Maybe

16.rnenrick Maybe

3.garysol1 maybe4.

4. tink 360 maybe

5. bb2842 maybe

8. Millie and Daughter

9. Williamson Maybe

10. T&K Cruiser Maybe

11. Willyguy Maybe

12. Notme1955 Maybe

14. Sunnyday2010 Maybe

15.DEBnGAB Maybe

16.rnenrick Maybe

If I have missed anyone just copy and paste with you name included..

Hi Barbara! Remember us? We sailed with the "Lovin Life on the Liberty" cruise in 2008! We've wanted to do a Med cruise for some time now, and THIS just might be it! I'll continue to check back here and will add our names to the list.

Priscilla (and Robert)

3.garysol1 maybe4.

4. tink 360 maybe

5. bb2842 maybe

8. Millie and Daughter

9. Williamson Maybe

10. T&K Cruiser Maybe

11. Willyguy Maybe

12. Notme1955 Maybe

14. Sunnyday2010 Maybe

15.DEBnGAB Maybe

16.rnenrick Maybe

17. Robert, Priscilla, Rachel (17) and her friend (we don't know which friend yet.)

This may be a cruise we are interested in. My daughter graduates high school in May 2012 and we were talking the other day about the possibility of a European cruise for her graduation. I'll have to wait and see the itinerary, can't wait for further updates.

Same here, our youngest is graduting May 2012 and we will be looking into a cruise in Europe. We were going to do it this coming summer, but are doing HI instead and decided to wait until after graduation to do Europe with her. I will keep watching the thread.

Elaine

Pugs, I have a question for you. I haven't taken a CC cruise yet, but I recall seeing something about reduced deposits over the general bookings. Also thought I had read that the reduced deposit is only for guarantees, not booking a specific cabin. Is this true?

Yeah I am trying not to get ahead of myself, as all of this is still up in the air.:)

I've wondered about this before, so if you could shed light on this for me I'd be so grateful!

Pugs - hope you don't mind but I'm putting hubby and I on the list. We don't want to miss out on any info!! :D

3.garysol1 maybe4.

4. tink 360 maybe

5. bb2842 maybe

8. Millie and Daughter

9. Williamson Maybe

10. T&K Cruiser Maybe

11. Willyguy Maybe

12. Notme1955 Maybe

14. Sunnyday2010 Maybe

15.DEBnGAB Maybe

16.rnenrick Maybe

17. Robert, Priscilla, Rachel (17) and her friend (we don't know which friend yet.)

18. tdggal1980/vacruisin (Brandy & Terry)

Hi Barbara! Remember us? We sailed with the "Lovin Life on the Liberty" cruise in 2008! We've wanted to do a Med cruise for some time now, and THIS just might be it! I'll continue to check back here and will add our names to the list.

Priscilla (and Robert)

3.garysol1 maybe4.

4. tink 360 maybe

5. bb2842 maybe

8. Millie and Daughter

9. Williamson Maybe

10. T&K Cruiser Maybe

11. Willyguy Maybe

12. Notme1955 Maybe

14. Sunnyday2010 Maybe

15.DEBnGAB Maybe

16.rnenrick Maybe

Yes I remember you :D, we had a great time....Welcome back,:) I see you added your name already, hope to get a reply from Laura and Johna soon...:cool:

Pugs - hope you don't mind but I'm putting hubby and I on the list. We don't want to miss out on any info!! :D

3.garysol1 maybe4.

4. tink 360 maybe

5. bb2842 maybe

8. Millie and Daughter

9. Williamson Maybe

10. T&K Cruiser Maybe

11. Willyguy Maybe

12. Notme1955 Maybe

14. Sunnyday2010 Maybe

15.DEBnGAB Maybe

16.rnenrick Maybe

Just fine!!!!!I am glad you did, I don't want to miss anyone:D

Pugs, I have a question for you. I haven't taken a CC cruise yet, but I recall seeing something about reduced deposits over the general bookings. Also thought I had read that the reduced deposit is only for guarantees, not booking a specific cabin. Is this true?

Yeah I am trying not to get ahead of myself, as all of this is still up in the air.:)

I've wondered about this before, so if you could shed light on this for me I'd be so grateful!

Yes sometime there is reduced deposit. However I am not sure if they offer reduced on Europe CC groups. What I have done in the past is put the reduced deposit down and went with a guarantee until the remainer deposit was due then picked my cabin at the time of the final deposit amount is due, that is base on the reduced deposit, however if they do no offer a reduced deposit I will just pick my cabin when I pay the deposit.

You can do either a guartanee or pick the CC group price will be the same.

Now if you are a family traveling together and want side by side cabins you must pick and not do a guarantee, That is always my issue. The price Johna gives us will be either way, picking or guarantee, it depends on what you want for you. Just remember you can't pick until you final deposit amount is paid, not the balance of the cruise the final deposit amount.

I hope this helps.

I see you have 2 sailed banners, do you have any on the books between now and 2012?

Hi there! Actually yes...going again on the Paradise for #13 on March 11,2011 and then hopefully a longer one to the Caribbean in the Fall...still planning that one.

I need to take down the old ones and add a few new ones lol! Once the pricing comes out, I'd definitely save my pennies for this Europe one!

BTW..I lived in London back in the 80's for 5 years as a youngster. Its been awhile but I do recall quite a bit.

Any cruises on the books for you?

Hi there! Actually yes...going again on the Paradise for #13 on March 11,2011 and then hopefully a longer one to the Caribbean in the Fall...still planning that one.

I need to take down the old ones and add a few new ones lol! Once the pricing comes out, I'd definitely save my pennies for this Europe one!

BTW..I lived in London back in the 80's for 5 years as a youngster. Its been awhile but I do recall quite a bit.

Any cruises on the books for you?

No I don't have any cruises planned right now, We have been doing all the National Parks for the last two years, This past summer was Yellowstone and the Grand tetons, the summer before was Grand Crayon , by way of Las Vegas,(-:

Yosimmee in Ca area and Alaska area, and now this summer the smokies!!!We rented a cabin in Gatlinburg for this summer and doing blue ridge and the smokies, I wanted to make sure I show my sons the national parks. I love to cruise and have taken a 100 cruise , just wanted to also see some of our own country.

I'll be ready for Europe in 2012 with all the parks out of the way. I love History and was a History Major!!!!

Add another to your "maybe" list...

3.garysol1 maybe4.

4. tink 360 maybe

5. bb2842 maybe

8. Millie and Daughter

9. Williamson Maybe

10. T&K Cruiser Maybe

11. Willyguy Maybe

12. Notme1955 Maybe

14. Sunnyday2010 Maybe

15.DEBnGAB Maybe

16.rnenrick Maybe

19. golfgod003 (Jeff and Melissa + possibly 2 older teens)

You asked on my roll call when the itineraries became available. I can't find my exact date, but I booked our June Magic Cruise the day they came up. It was early to mid January of last year. Carnival did a special three day sale for past guests that included upgrades. After those three days, the bookings opened up to all. My guess is that they want to pump the Magic for sales before they announce the Breeze itineraries. They are having a "Europe" sale right now that includes upgrades and OBC for the Magic. It runs until the end of January. I wouldn't expect anything on the breeze until after that. However, my guess would be that it would come soon after. You have to give people some time to plan out a big Europe trip due to air, etc. While Carnival Corp has other brands in the Med, a Carnival ship itself will be filled with a majority of North Americans (going from past cruises).

No I don't have any cruises planned right now, We have been doing all the National Parks for the last two years, This past summer was Yellowstone and the Grand tetons, the summer before was Grand Crayon , by way of Las Vegas,(-:

Yosimmee in Ca area and Alaska area, and now this summer the smokies!!!We rented a cabin in Gatlinburg for this summer and doing blue ridge and the smokies, I wanted to make sure I show my sons the national parks. I love to cruise and have taken a 100 cruise , just wanted to also see some of our own country.

I'll be ready for Europe in 2012 with all the parks out of the way. I love History and was a History Major!!!!

I love Yosemite! Luckily I live just 3 hours away :)

I love Yosemite! Luckily I live just 3 hours away :)

We had to travel 6 hours to get there, we went into SFO and did the coast, Napa and Yosemite, we loved it, 2 weeks we went around the area.

You asked on my roll call when the itineraries became available. I can't find my exact date, but I booked our June Magic Cruise the day they came up. It was early to mid January of last year. Carnival did a special three day sale for past guests that included upgrades. After those three days, the bookings opened up to all. My guess is that they want to pump the Magic for sales before they announce the Breeze itineraries. They are having a "Europe" sale right now that includes upgrades and OBC for the Magic. It runs until the end of January. I wouldn't expect anything on the breeze until after that. However, my guess would be that it would come soon after. You have to give people some time to plan out a big Europe trip due to air, etc. While Carnival Corp has other brands in the Med, a Carnival ship itself will be filled with a majority of North Americans (going from past cruises).

Thanks , great info. Yes I think you correct, we should hear soon .

There does not seem to be prices out yet for the Carnival line for 6-2012,

Carnival also has a little strange way they are doing their reduced deposits, there are pricing for Celebrity Europe sailing and for NCL the Epic which is NCL newest ship. Regular pricing for NCL looks great also has a great ports, the choses is yours, I am open to what ever. If we do one of the other lines I will need to jump to their boards. Both NCL and Celebrity has the reduced deposits.

I have done Celebrity and it was nice, I have never sailed the NCL line. on the NCL boards I was reading some reviews and they were great. I have a friend that went on the epic and she said she loved it and would go again, and she is very picky!!!!

Open to you views. I know to get a price we need to know what ship and date we want to sail. I would like Middle to late June, I think the air will be better in June.

If we do another line how many are still a maybe.and put the line please.

2/

3/

4/

5/

6/

Keep me on the list! I really like the idea of the group deal in itself.

While I'd like to stay with CCL on this one, I am open to pricing, itineraries and amenities of NCL or Celebrity. Not wild about Royal..just fyi. ;)

[quote name=Pugs;27456896

Open to you views. I know to get a price we need to know what ship and date we want to sail. I would like Middle to late June' date=' I think the air will be better in June.

If we do another line how many are still a maybe.and put the line please.

1.Williamson- still a maybe. We're not cruiseline specific people right now. Celebrity would be great because we don't smoke. I just want a good price!

2/

3/

4/

5/

6/[/quote]

Who else is willing to switch lines?

Who else is willing to switch lines?

I hear ya, I think price will be a roll in this also. I like a new ship and I love group cruises, the have the first hand already, you have planned as a group.

I jumped over on the NCL board just to get a feel of where we stand.

I love the idea of reduced deposit , gives more time to come up with dollars and more time to keep dollars in our pockets!!!

My family of 4 MIGHT be interested depending on the departure port and the itinerary.

We're doing an Eastern Med cruise July, 2011 but it is with RCCL because we wanted to sail out of Rome to have some time there pre-cruise. There's also 9 of us on that sailings, two families and a grandmother, and that was the only one all could agree.

I love traveling in Europe and I have a feeling after this next cruise they will be wanting to go again in 2012.

But the ports would be the deciding factor as well as price (DH HAS to have an aft balcony or he will not go). If we can catch a really good past guest sale early and the ports are right, I could reserve.

Spain is not a problem but no one in my family wants to go to France. I have never been to Venice and would love to, as well as Dubrovnik and some of the other Baltic areas.

All depends on the ports, but I will be watching closely for the announcement on the Breeze.

We personally LOVE Carnival and they went out of their way to make my DD's birthday special this past Nov.

Keep me on the list! I really like the idea of the group deal in itself.

While I'd like to stay with CCL on this one, I am open to pricing, itineraries and amenities of NCL or Celebrity. Not wild about Royal..just fyi. ;)

I am with you, I am not fun of RCL. Sorry, don't mean to be neg. :)

I have opened a thread in NCL with info. you can chat there also, as soon as I hear from Laura we should know something.

My family of 4 MIGHT be interested depending on the departure port and the itinerary.

We're doing an Eastern Med cruise July, 2011 but it is with RCCL because we wanted to sail out of Rome to have some time there pre-cruise. There's also 9 of us on that sailings, two families and a grandmother, and that was the only one all could agree.

I love traveling in Europe and I have a feeling after this next cruise they will be wanting to go again in 2012.

But the ports would be the deciding factor as well as price (DH HAS to have an aft balcony or he will not go). If we can catch a really good past guest sale early and the ports are right, I could reserve.

Spain is not a problem but no one in my family wants to go to France. I have never been to Venice and would love to, as well as Dubrovnik and some of the other Baltic areas.

All depends on the ports, but I will be watching closely for the announcement on the Breeze.

We personally LOVE Carnival and they went out of their way to make my DD's birthday special this past Nov.

Keep peeping for updates:)

Archived