PORTS YOU WOULD LIKE TO VISIT  

59 members have voted

1. 1. PORTS YOU WOULD LIKE TO VISIT

• Rome
    • Florence
    • Venice
    • Barcelona
    • Greek Islands

I am with you, I am not fun of RCL. Sorry, don't mean to be neg. :)

I have opened a thread in NCL with info. you can chat there also, as soon as I hear from Laura we should know something.

Cool! I'll go over and check it out!

well this is where we stand,

Carnival has no pricing yet, no iten. to pick from yet, not sure what ship, a crazy reduced deposit ( 30 days after group starts for reduced and full deposit after that. ) strange!

and now

NCL has the Epic, newest of their ships, the pricing is out already, looking at western ports are listed , visit my post on NCL and the norm reduced deposit for a time frame.

What are we doing!!!!!

My vote goes for the Epic. I like the ports and the price is good so the group price will or should be better. BOY I HOPE THIS THREAD does not get pulled , used a lot of names here :eek:...

If you want Epic, visit the NCL and let me know, if you want Carnival, let me know here ... we will put this to a vote...

We need price I know, until then if is still a maybe list...:cool:

Still waiting, I think it may be late January before any pricing comes on Carnival, same goes for Celebrity , there are pricing for NCL already,

I hope to have some word tomorrow, if you are intrest in NCL, I have a thread over there you can come and chat.

If you are intrest in Carnival chat here. I think it will be between on of these.

Just waiting to hear back from Laura.

I would still go if the switch was to celebrity, though I prefer Carnival.

I don't think I would go with NCL though.

The new NCL Epic is really nice, but I think cruises are all nice, I do like the ports Epic visites .. For me it will be about price, both lines are good.

Star rating both line are about the same.

The new NCL Epic is really nice, but I think cruises are all nice, I do like the ports Epic visites .. For me it will be about price, both lines are good.

Star rating both line are about the same.

I like NCL and Carnival.....but for us it will be price as well. :)

I would love to do a Carnival cruise critic group cruise Europe June 2012. Mediteranian Cruises for June of 2012?

Who else would like to join in.....?

I know we don't have pricing out yet, however I know a new ship is coming in 2012, maybe , just maybe it will do Europe....

I would be interested in Europe for 2012.

We,DH and I would be a maybe.Depends on the ports as we,DS and DGS are on the Magic 12 day out of Barcelona in June. I would rather do some different ports like the eastern Med.I like to visit new places.This cruise in June will be our 8th trip to Europe but our very first cruise ever.We've pretty much been all over Western Europe but never to the Greek Islands or Egypt etc.So if that is the itinerary we are in.I really don't know anything about the different cruise lines but I am oh so willing to learn!:D

For the person who did not want to go to France, I used to feel the same way till I spent 2 weeks in Southern France last summer. Now I love it!! Never prejudge as you just never know what a place is like until you spend some time there.:) When I traveled to Europe for the first time in 2003 I thought it would be my only trip there but I now go to Europe every year.I love it there!

Did you say you had another post elsewhere? We did Italy on the NCL Gem and had a wonderful time, great memories!

Will be checking to see if this pans out!

Elaine

Yes over on the NCL threads and the NCL roll call.

I am waiting for prices on these two cruises.

Come chat with me over on NCL and tell me what you liked about their line.

There has not been any pricing for europe on Carnival.

Great pricing on the other.

Did you say you had another post elsewhere? We did Italy on the NCL Gem and had a wonderful time, great memories!

Will be checking to see if this pans out!

Elaine

Come join me on NCL, I may have pricing there soon.

well this is where we stand,

Carnival has no pricing yet, no iten. to pick from yet, not sure what ship, a crazy reduced deposit ( 30 days after group starts for reduced and full deposit after that. ) strange!

and now

NCL has the Epic, newest of their ships, the pricing is out already, looking at western ports are listed , visit my post on NCL and the norm reduced deposit for a time frame.

What are we doing!!!!!

My vote goes for the Epic. I like the ports and the price is good so the group price will or should be better. BOY I HOPE THIS THREAD does not get pulled , used a lot of names here :eek:...

If you want Epic, visit the NCL and let me know, if you want Carnival, let me know here ... we will put this to a vote...

We need price I know, until then if is still a maybe list...:cool:

We would prefer to stay with Carnival--mostly because we're going for Platinum status as soon as we can. Will have 6 CCL cruises in by the end of 2011.

I am not going on this cruise with you all as we are doing the Carnival Med this year. But I never considered the choice of NCL or such a huge ship for the Med and, quite honestly, other than a few itineraries (which include Savona and not Livorno), the Carnival Med itineraries are better than what NCL offers for the Epic. The Epic also only offers 7-day itineraries and Carnival's are nine days and include Messina (for Sicily), Marseille (for Provence) and Monaco (for Monaco, Nice, Eze). I am not a Carnival cheerleader by any means. When in Europe, it's about the ports. Carnival has NCL beat and the new ships, with the italian restaurant, red frog pub, and other new amenities, look great. Good luck to those here who still hang in here and do a group cruise to the Med on the Breeze. Can't wait for our Magic Med this summer with our family and we loved the Ruby Princess Grand Med (expensive but worth it) in 2010.

For pricing on Carnival, I am sure that if you check the pricing on the Magic's 2011 Med itineraries, it will be similar for 2012, when that pricing comes out.

I am not going on this cruise with you all as we are doing the Carnival Med this year. But I never considered the choice of NCL or such a huge ship for the Med and, quite honestly, other than a few itineraries (which include Savona and not Livorno), the Carnival Med itineraries are better than what NCL offers for the Epic. The Epic also only offers 7-day itineraries and Carnival's are nine days and include Messina (for Sicily), Marseille (for Provence) and Monaco (for Monaco, Nice, Eze). I am not a Carnival cheerleader by any means. When in Europe, it's about the ports. Carnival has NCL beat and the new ships, with the italian restaurant, red frog pub, and other new amenities, look great. Good luck to those here who still hang in here and do a group cruise to the Med on the Breeze. Can't wait for our Magic Med this summer with our family and we loved the Ruby Princess Grand Med (expensive but worth it) in 2010.

For pricing on Carnival, I am sure that if you check the pricing on the Magic's 2011 Med itineraries, it will be similar for 2012, when that pricing comes out.

You are so right about the cruise in the Med being all about the ports, we did the Italy one and it was a port everyday, never really got to see much of the ship or the cabin, we were off the ship early and didn't get back til late.

You are so right about the cruise in the Med being all about the ports, we did the Italy one and it was a port everyday, never really got to see much of the ship or the cabin, we were off the ship early and didn't get back til late.

I think Carnival is ahead of the game with Messina and Sicily. We have booked a private tour for our family that goes to Mt Etna and Taormina. Our other driver guide tour is from Marseille to Provence. The rest of the ports we are doing on our own.

I guess I was surprised to see people running to that huge NCL ship. We love new ships and that's why we did the Ruby Princess for their Grand Med itinerary. But we are also looking forward to the Carnival Magic Med cruise this summer with some great ports and a brand new ship as well and it's very affordable for even a family vacation. We'll all be tired at the end of the day. But we'll still try to catch shows in the main theater and maybe some movies outside as well. Those running to NCL won't know what they're missing. It's too bad the OP, who was organizing is one of them. For what it's worth, if I want one of those newer huge ships, I'll do it in the Caribbean on the Allure of the Seas and not on the NCL Epic.

I think Carnival is ahead of the game with Messina and Sicily. We have booked a private tour for our family that goes to Mt Etna and Taormina. Our other driver guide tour is from Marseille to Provence. The rest of the ports we are doing on our own.

I guess I was surprised to see people running to that huge NCL ship. We love new ships and that's why we did the Ruby Princess for their Grand Med itinerary. But we are also looking forward to the Carnival Magic Med cruise this summer with some great ports and a brand new ship as well and it's very affordable for even a family vacation. We'll all be tired at the end of the day. But we'll still try to catch shows in the main theater and maybe some movies outside as well. Those running to NCL won't know what they're missing. It's too bad the OP, who was organizing is one of them. For what it's worth, if I want one of those newer huge ships, I'll do it in the Caribbean on the Allure of the Seas and not on the NCL Epic.

I did the innagural on the EPIC, and am also Platinum on Carnival. I'm glad I did the EPIC, would I do it again, maybe. It's an experience in itself, as are all the mega ships. I'm not sure if it would be my choice for Europe, as, like was stated earlier, that is pretty much time spent on land and using the boat just to get from point A to point B.

I would love to do a cruise to Europe in June, 2012. I turn 40 in June of 2012 and this would be a great birthday trip. Count me in !!!! :)

WOW, you just got me to thinking...I will turn 50 in July of 2012:eek: I may have to rethink my summer plans for 2012 now:confused:

I did notice the Epic is doing the ports talked about above, I can not say anything bad about her for I have never cruise that line, however I am entering this with an open option, before I would have never sailed anything except Cel***** , however I tried Carnival and like it... I am open to new thing all the time. :)

Is N*L that much larger than Carnival.....I don't know.;)

Being Europe I may be open to Freestyle dinning becaues I want to spend as much time as I can in the ports. And still be able to have a nice meal

Before you make up your mind , at least look at the west med. on that

other ship you will see it looks pretty good.

I am not here to sale you on either one, just give you an option. ;)

I don't think Carnival will be able to match the price, but for to some that is not the make or break of a cruise.:cool:

I will do the work to try to make you all happy, If you would like what ever ship it comes to be, I will do my best to make this CC group the best!!!

I am not here to push Carnival. But I do think the Carnival Magic's 9-day Med itinerary certainly is better than what the NCL Epic is offering. NCL offers only an abbreviated day in Marseille (making a trip to Provence somewhat problematic). Also, Carnival has Messina for Sicily and Palma Mallorca for a nice beach day. But a real nice extra that Carvinal is doing is the extra hours in Rome (docks 7 am to 10pm). When you are going to spend $2K round trip just to get to the Med, I am not sure worrying about a couple $hundred in savings should be a major deciding factor.

I don't understand the point about freestyle dining. Carnival has anytime dining or whatever they are calling it. I agree that having that option is important for the Med where you are not back from ports until a bit later. The new ships also have a new upcharge ($15 fee) Italian restaurant to go with the steakhouse. Looks like John Heald will be providing more information on the Magic today on his blog. Could be interesting.

If any of you do wind up going on the Carnival Med itinerary, do yourself a favor and stay in Barcelona two or three days before your cruise. It's a great port.

Archived