Why do people need ice in their staterooms?

Coralc

I don't usually start threads....but I am curious as to why people need their ice buckets filled, and some request that they be filled twice a day?

Do you drink sodas with ice in your room...is that why? I only drink iced tea (from the WJ), bottled or tap water or beer...so I don't need ice. We never use the ice bucket, except once for a bottle of champagne. After about day 5 on our last cruise, the room steward just quit refilling it, when he noticed that we weren't using it. He asked if that was okay. I said we would call him if we needed ice for some strange reason.

This should be brief....what do you use stateroom ice for? :)

That's a good question. When you could buy alcohol on the ship and bring it back to your room, would use ice to mix drinks. But now only use ice if i get a coke from the fridge and use a glass with ice.

I don't usually start threads....but I am curious as to why people need their ice buckets filled, and some request that they be filled twice a day?

Do you drink sodas with ice in your room...is that why? I only drink iced tea (from the WJ), bottled or tap water or beer...so I don't need ice. We never use the ice bucket, except once for a bottle of champagne. After about day 5 on our last cruise, the room steward just quit refilling it, when he noticed that we weren't using it. He asked if that was okay. I said we would call him if we needed ice for some strange reason.

This should be brief....what do you use stateroom ice for? :)

I empty the fridge and fill it with my own Caffiene free Diet Pepsi, which I bring on board for every cruise. I use the ice in the glass as per normal. :D

If there is one thing I definitely dislike about cruise ships, it's that the tap water is not tepid....it is downright WARM :eek: My teeth do not feel clean unless I can rinse in nice, cold water :) I need my ice for this reason......and perhaps a few others......but nothing to do with a "hump" balcony! LOL :p

I love to chew ice. I know, I know...it's bad for my teeth and a sign of anemia (really it is- google it), but I just love to do it. And no, I don't do it in public places where it would annoy anyone- just in the comfort of our stateroom where it only annoys my husband! :D

Archived