Cabin upgrades

poodlewamp

Question about cabin upgrades. We are long time loyal Princess cruisers.

We have 14 more days to d:confused:o on Princess, before we are finally "Elite". My husband and I are not "cabin" people so we always take an inside room.

With all our cruises we have NEVER had a cabin upgrade..even to an outside !!???

We are wondering if any other inside people have been upgraded to anything higher ?????

B.J.

(19 cruises)

Of our cruises (17) we have been "upgraded" within category several times, but only once from category to category (e.g. outside to balcony) on the same cruise.

Upgrades appear more likely to happen with guarantee bookings IMO. These are really just cabin assignments.

We have been on five Princess cruises. Of those five, we were upgraded to better categories twice. We must be lucky.

Once we were upgraded from an inside to an OV. The other time we were upgraded from an obstructed OV to a balcony. We have never done a guarantee. These upgrades were made from specific cabin reservations.

I don't think it will happen on my February cruise. Everything has appeared waitlisted for a long time.

We have 14 more days to d:confused:o on Princess, before we are finally "Elite". My husband and I are not "cabin" people so we always take an inside room.

With all our cruises we have NEVER had a cabin upgrade..even to an outside !!???

We are wondering if any other inside people have been upgraded to anything higher ?????

B.J.

(19 cruises)

I Never got a upgrade other then a GTY and then only in same class.(in to in, out to out, bal to bal, etc)

We have mainly received slight upgrades within a category--from the lowest category of obstructed view to a higher one. Or from one of the lower categories of balcony to a higher one. But on our last two cruises, we received upgrades to unobstructed view cabins. They were our 9th and 10th Princess cruises. We've never had an upgrade from an inside to an outside or from an outside to a balcony or from a balcony to a mini suite.

I think a lot has to do with how well the different categories are selling for a particular cruise.

If all categories are now completely waitlisted for our upcoming cruise, does that mean all upgrades that will be given out have already been done... meaning there's no hope of getting the Grand Suite??? :(

It probably means they are trying to shuffle things around to place all the folks who booked gty cabins. EM

B.J.

(19 cruises)

We have booked mini-suites guarantee several times and had excellent upgrades but within the mini-suites, this time to AA from AF.

I think I have 23 Princess cruises and have been upgraded once, from a BD balcony to an AA mini-suite. On a mostly cold-weather cruise. Figures.

Guess we have been lucky. We have 28 cruises with Princess and not counting a few same category upgrades, we have been upgraded once from an inside to outside, once from an outside to a balcony, once from a balcony to a mini and once in 2010 from a mini to a PH Suite. :D

My luck sounds the same as yours - 16 Princess cruises - we are Elite status and have never been upgraded out of the category we booked (ie from balcony to mini or suite).....heard it was all done by a computer, so that must be the same computer that handles the weekly lotto drawings...no luck there either...but we keep hoping.

B.J.

(19 cruises)

From what I've been told, you're more likely to get an upgrade if you book a guarantee. Very time we've book a guarantee, we've been upgraded within the category. We've never gotten any higher...however, on our last cruise, a friend of ours book an inside and received an unobstructed oceanview. On cruises that we've book a specific cabin, we've never had an upgrade. Anyhow, we're hoping for a good upgrade for our upcoming cruise...

Archived