Who has reached Pinnacle Club status on C&A?

Let me ask a question on this thread:

Is it required for Pinnacle members to wear their name tags everywhere and every day?

From observations from our last 3 cruises on Oasis, those who wears their pin everyday are really snobbish. Yet, we met a few Pinnacles (without pins) who are really nice. On our Thanksgiving cruise, there were a group of Pinnacles who held "court" in SL who behaved like they "owned" the place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you obviously know the answer to your question, what is the purpose of your post? More Pinnacle bashing?

Is it required for Pinnacle members to wear their name tags everywhere and every day?

From observations from our last 3 cruises on Oasis, those who wears their pin everyday are really snobbish. Yet, we met a few Pinnacles (without pins) who are really nice. On our Thanksgiving cruise, there were a group of Pinnacles who held "court" in SL who behaved like they "owned" the place!

No you are not required to wear your pin. Pinnacles are no different than platinum, emerald, diamond or diamond +. There are snobs and good people from all the levels. Some wear all the time, some not at all and some when their is a function. You don't have to hang out with any of them if you don't want to. You will find the majority of all levels decent and very nice people who just love to cruise.

Because when we reached Pinnacle status in 2-3 years, we are not going to act all entitled by wearing our pins. But we sail only in suites and I don't like how they have to show off and be entitled in SL.

We. have met some extremely nice Pinnacles that we enjoy being around. We have also been around some Pinnacles that deeply hurt our feelings....and now know to avoid them.

There is one level in the system that tends to be more demanding and snobish than Pinnacles.

Our favorite cruisers are the "first time" cruisers because they bring such joy, awe, and excitement to the ship. Whenever we get a crystal block we give it to either a "first timer" or to a honeymoon couple.

We love meeting nice people and especially enjoy interacting with the crew.

Cruising for us is like playing in the Garden of Eden.......carefree and full of joy.

Edited by beachnative

Because when we reached Pinnacle status in 2-3 years, we are not going to act all entitled by wearing our pins. But we sail only in suites and I don't like how they have to show off and be entitled in SL.

Well isn't that so special! You will just brag about sailing only in suites instead.

Well isn't that so special! You will just brag about sailing only in suites instead.

No, we sail in suites because we enjoy the amenities. We never tell anyone on board we sail in a suite. Unlike Pinnacle members who have to wear their pins everywhere and all the time.

All the snobbish Pinnacles we have encountered wears their pins. BUT, not all Pinnacles are snobs.

I am a lowly D+ :D but am on my way to Pinnacle. Will be at 468 in April. And I agree that some of every class can be very rude. I too have found that many of the people who wear their pins as badges seem to feel they are more entitled that those around them. No not all but the majority I have tried to approach do. I am a solo traveler and like to meet others in the Concierge or the D Lounge. Sometimes it does not work out well but many time it does. I never wear my D+ pin. In fact I don't have a clue where it is. :eek: And I doubt that will change once I get to where I am heading. ;)

I agree with Mark. Also a Pinnacle member who has done just about every type of room available. Unfortunately I do understand what you mean about some of the members. We try to stay away from them ourselves. We would always invite someone to sit with us. That's half the fun of cruising - meeting new people!

Marianne, we loved meeting you and Herb on the Transpacific cruise a few years ago. We still talk about you both as a couple of the nicest cruisers we have ever met. The Bora Bora excursion was a lot of fun. :D

~Patti & Bill :)

No, we sail in suites because we enjoy the amenities. We never tell anyone on board we sail in a suite. Unlike Pinnacle members who have to wear their pins everywhere and all the time.

All the snobbish Pinnacles we have encountered wears their pins. BUT, not all Pinnacles are snobs.

We've met some very nice people who happened to be wearing their Pinnacle pins and I try not to judge people by the jewelry they wear.

I had access to the CL once because we booked the Ben & Jerry's Sweet. We were treated as 3rd class passengers. We were told by users of the CL that we didn't belong there as it was only for certain guests. That was the first day and I never went back there the entire cruise! I have also seen Pinnacles refuse to be seated with us lowly steerage passengers. How did I know they were Pinnacles? They had their name tags on. When shown where to sit, they declined and sat 4 tables away by themselves.

really???

Regarding the pins: I have heard (from a Pinnacle member) that C & A requests that Pinnacles wear their pins. Many will wear them for the Top Tier event but no other time. At least this is what I have experienced from the many nice folks I have met.

I am saddened by the stories of rudeness in the lounges (regardless of status). Happily I have not experienced this. Traveling often as a solo, I am many times asked to join a group when it is noticed that I am alone. So I can't relate to some of the experiences of others. My last comment -- Happy New Year! Katherine

Not to belabor the issue, but I do not wear my pin every day. I do, however, wear my C&A logo necklace frequently, so if the bling bothers you, be forewarned.

(If you are also a lanyard-hater, I wear my seapass card on a lanyard while ashore, so I do not hold up the line returning to the ship while I dig into my bag to find it.)

Edited by travelgoddess1

Not to belabor the issue, but I do not wear my pin every day. I do, however, wear my C&A logo necklace frequently, so if the bling bothers you, be forewarned.

(If you are also a lanyard-hater, I wear my seapass card on a lanyard while ashore, so I do not hold up the line returning to the ship while I dig into my bag to find it.)

Bling is fine and it adds to your personality.

I don't really care whether people wear their pins or not. I respect those that enjoy wearing the pins - they have earned them!

I have high status frequent flyer tags on my bags but I don't expect anything from other passengers - only from the airline and its staff :) Perhaps that is why RCI asks pinnacle members to wear their pins - to make sure that their staff treat them as the loyal customers that they are.

There are always a few people who see their status with travel companies as a major part of their life. That is ok with me. Travelling from Australia overseas with the long distance involved, I pay a bit of attention to maintaining my status with my favourite airline/alliance.

For people who have cruising as a large part of their life I can very much understand them doing the same with cruises.

There are jerks in every group - I wouldn't lump everyone with a particular status as the same.

There are nice people at ever level and rude people at every level....as in every circumstance in life!

There are even Pinnacles who are rude/snobs to other Pinnacles...so it is the person not the tier! I have met a few of those rude Pinnacles but 98% of the Pinnacles we have met are super friendly amazing people and the majority of the time you wouldn't know they were Pinnacle. I can say the the exact same thing for the suite guests....the majority are as nice as can be and just enjoy the amenities of the suite. However, there are some that must make sure you know they are in a suite!

There are nice people at ever level and rude people at every level....as in every circumstance in life!

There are even Pinnacles who are rude/snobs to other Pinnacles...so it is the person not the tier! I have met a few of those rude Pinnacles but 98% of the Pinnacles we have met are super friendly amazing people and the majority of the time you wouldn't know they were Pinnacle. I can say the the exact same thing for the suite guests....the majority are as nice as can be and just enjoy the amenities of the suite. However, there are some that must make sure you know they are in a suite!

Agree totally, and well said. :)

I do find it a bit comical with pax that dangle their gold cards

on a lanyard ...and then proclaim their dislike when Pinnacles

wear their pins. ;)

Agree totally, and well said. :)

I do find it a bit comical with pax that dangle their gold cards

on a lanyard ...and then proclaim their dislike when Pinnacles

wear their pins. ;)

So, it ok to wear your SeaPass card on a lanyard as long as you are not staying in a Suite???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's what you took away from that comment? :confused::confused::confused:

We see lots of people wearing their SeaPass on lanyards. It makes it so much easier to get drinks. Especially if you have a package. What does being in a Suite have anything to do with it???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by troykahack

Marianne, we loved meeting you and Herb on the Transpacific cruise a few years ago. We still talk about you both as a couple of the nicest cruisers we have ever met. The Bora Bora excursion was a lot of fun.

~Patti & Bill :)

Thanks Patti & Bill!!!! Bora Bora excursion was really fantastic. (Unfortunately I mostly remember the native in his native costume! :o:D )

I have a horrible memory. I have often thought that it would be nice if everyone wore a name tag. At least I now can call SOME people by their names!

Totally agree with you on the names.... the memory isn't what it use to be.. :(

My husband and I celebrated becoming Pinnacle Club members last month. We have cruised nearly 22 years on several different cruise lines, because we enjoy cruising. Hopefully, us becoming Pinnacle, whether we wear our name badges or not, won't change the way we treat people or the way others treat us. We have cruised in insides, ocean views, balconies, junior suites and grand suites, and don't care who's in which category cabin or their loyalty status. We just enjoy meeting people while cruising.:D