Navigator Hump Cabins

Hey all!

Just received my guarantee balcony room for the march 17th sailing on the Navigator. Got an upgrade to a d1 - 9320. I noticed its on the "hump" or part that sticks out right near the centrum (one of the centrums). Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Does anyone have experience or know about the few d1 cabins that are on the hump of that ship? I notice the room is configured a little more slanted, different on the deck plans.

Thanks!

Hey all!

Just received my guarantee balcony room for the march 17th sailing on the Navigator. Got an upgrade to a d1 - 9320. I noticed its on the "hump" or part that sticks out right near the centrum (one of the centrums). Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Does anyone have experience or know about the few d1 cabins that are on the hump of that ship? I notice the room is configured a little more slanted, different on the deck plans.

Thanks!

D1 and D2 cabins are identical. In a D1, the sofa is also a sofabed. In a D2, it is not.

9320 is an excellent cabin, and not at all oddly shaped.

You won the "guarantee lottery". :)

Hey all!

Thanks!

We've stayed in the hump cabins on the Mariner (sister to Navigator), most recently in 9322, and love the location. It's two decks up to the Windjammer and pool and many consider the "hump" prime real estate. Enjoy.....:)

we upgraded from an E1 to a D1... is there any significant different at all?

A few square feet I believe. Same width, just a little less depth. You'll have a 3 cushion sofa instead of a 2 cushion!

• 2 weeks later...

Any difference between hump cabins on decks 7, 8 or 9 on Navigator?

Seeing more availability for hump cabins on deck 8 but only forward balcony cabins available on decks 7 and 9. Is there something negative about deck 8 or it's hump balcony cabins?

Thanks.

Edited by cadburysmom

Nothing wrong with deck 8 at all! Grab it! :D

Thanks!

BUT...... when I went to select cabins, I noticed aft cabin 9692 was available. Never had an aft before....hmmmm, maybe I should grap IT instead :cool:

AND.......seems this particular cabin has a HUGE balcony, nearly double that of the hump cabin, enough for two loungers, two chairs and a table. :D

BUT........the view is slightly obstructed due to the structure on the back of the ship. :cool:

Such a CONUNDRUM! What to do? What to do? HELP!!!! :o

Hey all!

Thanks!

Cabin 9320 was our cabin 5 years ago on the Navigator!! LUCKY YOU!! :)

We specifically chose that cabin to enjoy the location of the hump. We LOVED it! I don't think it was cabin configuration was any different from any others in Category D or E. The hump location had it stick out abit more than other cabins which gave you a little better view. The balcony in that cabin was my FAVORITE space - I will only sail in a cabin with balcony now.

That cabin will hold up to 4 people - I don't know if that applies to you. The location was ideal, as it was just around the corner from the elevators - very convenient.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I will do my best to answer them for you.

• 2 years later...

OK, I'll add to this old thread rather than start another.

Planning a sailing for three of us (adding granddaughter, 13yrs) on Navigator next summer:)

Have a hold on D1 9320, deckplan says sofabed for the third passenger. So, the question is how big is that, single or double and does it block traffic once made up? Currently booked in E1 which has pullman as the third.

So, trying to decide whether to switch to the D1 (only abt $120 more, tot). Anyone got a relevant pic ?

Thanks

Hey all!

Thanks!

If I had my choice of any Balcony cabin thats the one I would pick!

Other than an aft-facing balcony, which many consider to be the primo location on just about any ship (if you don't mind the long walk back from the stairs or elevators), I think that I have to agree with MerionMom about the balcony guarantee lottery!

Enjoy your cruise.

:D

OK, I'll add to this old thread rather than start another.

Planning a sailing for three of us (adding granddaughter, 13yrs) on Navigator next summer:)

Have a hold on D1 9320, deckplan says sofabed for the third passenger. So, the question is how big is that, single or double and does it block traffic once made up? Currently booked in E1 which has pullman as the third.

So, trying to decide whether to switch to the D1 (only abt $120 more, tot). Anyone got a relevant pic ?

Thanks

Lucky you! And lucky me too! We have 9320 on our upcoming cruise on Navigator also! :D

• 5 months later...