What is HAL's daily "newspaper" called?

mom22tinks

Hi, I am a DCL and CCL cruiser. I am wondering what HAL calls its daily newspaper so that I can search to see what types of activities are usually offered and if it is something I am interested in. Just trying to decide whether I should try a HAL cruise with my kids 8 and 10 or not... So, do you know what it is called? Thanks! Jessic a

Note there is more of a "newspaper" that's also dropped in your room along with the Explorer to keep guests up to date on the news, sports and entertainment & politics from back home. I barely skimmed mine before adding it to the paper recycles compartment of the trash can.

On our previous cruises, there was a mini-version of the New York Times delivered each day. A nice touch. The daily Explorer program is placed on your bed during dinner. I have read on this board that there are special daily Explorer programs for the kids depending on their age range.

Hi, I am a DCL and CCL cruiser. I am wondering what HAL calls its daily newspaper so that I can search to see what types of activities are usually offered and if it is something I am interested in. Just trying to decide whether I should try a HAL cruise with my kids 8 and 10 or not... So, do you know what it is called? Thanks! Jessic a

There will also be separate dailies for Club Hal activities. Only staterooms that have kids get these. Our daughter had a great time on the Eurodam and went up to Club HAL each evening. :)

Diane

Anyone hear any reason why the name changed to Explorer?

We first noticed the change on either our Eurodam cruise in October or Maasdam in December. I think it was Eurodam.

I hadn't read here about the new name and was surprised.

What are some of the other dailies called?

I recall the Princess Patter, the Freestyle Daily (NCL), the Compass (RCI),

the Daily Programme (Cunard), I forgot the Celebrity one....

Bob Brown, on doing a quick google search, I discovered the names of the Daily Programs of various different cruise lines, other than the ones that you named! :) They are as follows:

1. Carnival Capers

2. Disney Personal Navigator

3. Radisson Seven Seas Daily Passages

4. Oceania Currents

5. Costa Today

7. Celebrity Today

I love Google!:)

The name is fine and can't possibly be offensive in any way but I think "Mariner" would have been a better choice. :) (Maybe it would have been confused with Mariner Magazine published quarterly.)

Wish they'd asked. :D :D ;)

Maybe they renamed it when they did the redesign?

I like the perforated section, so you can take the daily schedule along and not the whole program.

I'm not a fan of alliteration, so I am happy with the name they chose. :)

Things like Carnival Capers sound so contrived.

Thanks for all the help! It was especially nice learnign about the real newspaper they give out :) Jessica

In addition to the mini New York Times, there was a Canadian version enclosed. So the Canucks can keep up with all the news about how bad the snow storms are!

It was a nice touch.

In addition to the mini New York Times, there was a Canadian version enclosed. So the Canucks can keep up with all the news about how bad the snow storms are!

It was a nice touch.

If memory serves me correctly, if one wishes to receive any publication other than "The Times" then one has to contact the Front Desk & request that particular publication to be delivered to their stateroom every day! Also, "The Times" is delivered first thing in the morning while "The Canadian" is not delivered in the afternoon! :)

Bob Brown, on doing a quick google search, I discovered the names of the Daily Programs of various different cruise lines, other than the ones that you named! :) They are as follows:

1. Carnival Capers

4. Oceania Currents

5. Costa Today

7. Celebrity Today

Seabourn's is named the Seabourn Herald.

Click the thumbnail below for the first of 12 days of daily activity listings, then choose Next for each of the rest. They will vary with itinerary, but these will give you an idea of typical offerings.

2827841130099632937xxVRQW_th.jpg

Depending on how recently you are referring to they are either called "Daily Program" or more recently "Explorer"

1. Carnival Capers

4. Oceania Currents

5. Costa Today

7. Celebrity Today

I was going through some old cruise files, and I came across this one- is it still in use???

8. Princess Patter

The name Explorer is based on the onboard programming setup by the Explorations Team.

The sections on the inside are as follows:

Explore Our World - Various lectures, etc with the Travel Guide

Explore Food and Entertaining - Events hosted by the Party Planner

Explore Technology - The Digital Workshop programs the Techspert oversees

Explore Wellbeing - Various activities focusing on health and wellness, physical activity, etc. The Lifestylist does these.

Also in the Explorations Team is the Cruise Director and DJ

Keeping in mind the layout of the Explorer and the functions of the Explorations Team, hopefully it makes a little more sense now :)

Archived