Price Drop for "New Bookings Only"

Lindy Sue

If the GS is MORE than you paid for your JS, you CAN take advantage of it. Here is what you do:

Call reservations (or have your TA call) and advise that you want to UPGRADE to the RSale rate for a higher price. They will tell you it is "new bookings only." Request that they contact Resolutions who will make the change.

BUT, it must result in you paying more money. If the GS is still LESS than the JS, you don't get to do this.

Doesn't work with Tuesday sales.

Thought I was signed up for the "Monday" sales sneak peaks, but have never received notification from RCI, just Celebrity, so didn't even think about the fact today is Tuesday and they are running the specials. Oh well, c'est la vie!

No need to sign up for notifications..............just keep these in your favorite places and it will update every Thursday,for the following week's deals.(you may have to refresh it)..

RCCL--

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Celebrity--

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/exciting_deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

I'm still not sure what the deal is regarding (sales event) upgrades after final. Some people report that it is not allowed (paying more to upgrade on the Tuesday sale) and some have reported being successful. I will give it a try if it ever happens to me.

Okay, I'll admit (one more time), I didn't think about the fact that it was TUESDAY (I know, silly me). Marci22, I agree, if it ever happens to any of you, it's worth a try. The only thing lost was a little time (okay and a little sanity-- but I'll get that back in 27 days on the cruise :p). Absolutely looking forward to the hump JS, Merion_Mom. Can't wait! And to PH8, thanks for the websites... Added to Favorites ;)! Love these boards! Lots of fun people with great suggestions and good humor! :D

I'm still not sure what the deal is regarding (sales event) upgrades after final. Some people report that it is not allowed (paying more to upgrade on the Tuesday sale) and some have reported being successful. I will give it a try if it ever happens to me.

Well Marci....if you listen to "THE LION".....well then you can do just about anything:rolleyes::D

Well Marci....if you listen to "THE LION".....well then you can do just about anything:rolleyes::D

I've seen people post that they got a sales event upgrade after final. Who knows why. Spin the wheel and take your chances! I'm still ahead in the Royal Caribbean games!

I've seen people post that they got a sales event upgrade after final. Who knows why. Spin the wheel and take your chances! I'm still ahead in the Royal Caribbean games!

A quote from Benjamin Franklin:

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

Ask for Resolutions (the department that actions it) and your odds increase dramatically.

:rolleyes: Believe what you want. As long as it results in you paying more you can do it. If it is still lower than what you already paid, it wont happen. But if you have a JS for $100 and a GS goes on RSale for $150, you can do it. You have to request Resolutions, but you can do it. If you want to keep not trying because you are (wrongly) convinced it wont work, that is no skin off my back. But I will keep taking my upgrades, thanks :) More for me!

You sound almost apologetic about mentioning this!! Don't be!!

I'm D+ and had same situation recently, only with 3 x BtoB. Booked in September 2010 for summer 2011, massive price drops which were not honoured because of 'new bookings only'. I cancelled all 3, lost $200 OBC per cruise, re-booked & it was still cheaper. So OK I'm still better off but RC didn't honour their much-publicised price drop, and let's face it this encourages people to book early.

Strange feeling, even though I saved some money I still feel thet the price drop should have been honoured: they chose to lower prices, not me!!

:o

I'm D+ and had same situation recently, only with 3 x BtoB. Booked in September 2010 for summer 2011, massive price drops which were not honoured because of 'new bookings only'. I cancelled all 3, lost $200 OBC per cruise, re-booked & it was still cheaper. So OK I'm still better off but RC didn't honour their much-publicised price drop, and let's face it this encourages people to book early.

Strange feeling, even though I saved some money I still feel thet the price drop should have been honoured: they chose to lower prices, not me!!:eek:

This was a reply to Lindy Sue :)

I have upgraded 3 times in the last year on a Tuesday sale. I paid $10-20 more per person to go from insides to SOVs on two occasions.

For our December 2010 Jewel Panama cruise, we had an inside cabin booked. An E1 balcony went on sale for $50 more per person. We paid the $100 more, then got the $325 D+ balcony discount and ended up paying less. This cruise was originally booked onboard the Freedom in June 2010 after the 5/17 changes, but got the $150 on board booking bonus as well.

Actually called while driving to the port for another cruise. It took all of 10 minutes, with no resolutions or supervisors involved.

I'm D+ and had same situation recently, only with 3 x BtoB. Booked in September 2010 for summer 2011, massive price drops which were not honoured because of 'new bookings only'. I cancelled all 3, lost $200 OBC per cruise, re-booked & it was still cheaper.

I did the same thing once. On a 5 night Bermuda the cabin prices (I had 2) went down by around $1100 after final. I cancelled, paid a $500 penalty, and I still saved $600.

I have upgraded 3 times in the last year on a Tuesday sale. I paid $10-20 more per person to go from insides to SOVs on two occasions.

For our December 2010 Jewel Panama cruise, we had an inside cabin booked. An E1 balcony went on sale for $50 more per person. We paid the $100 more, then got the $325 D+ balcony discount and ended up paying less. This cruise was originally booked onboard the Freedom in June 2010 after the 5/17 changes, but got the $150 on board booking bonus as well.

Actually called while driving to the port for another cruise. It took all of 10 minutes, with no resolutions or supervisors involved.

That is a good example of their incredible inconsistency. I have read other reports similar to yours.

Just proves my determimation to try again should this occur on future cruises! Maybe I'll get lucky and speak with the "incosistency fairy" the next time ;)! Oh, and I did check this morning, the GS is back to original price ($730 more than we originally paid for the JS). Who knows, maybe it will come down again before the cruise on another day other than Tuesday! :rolleyes: Can't discourage me! :p

You got good agents who know the rules. Resolutions only needs to become involved when you get pushback.

That is a good example of their incredible inconsistency. I have read other reports similar to yours.

In it inconsistent to not allow this as it is the policy to allow upgrades at a higher rate to RSale prices. I mean, why wouldn't they? What company turns down more money?

Just proves my determimation to try again should this occur on future cruises! Maybe I'll get lucky and speak with the "incosistency fairy" the next time ;)! Oh, and I did check this morning, the GS is back to original price ($730 more than we originally paid for the JS). Who knows, maybe it will come down again before the cruise on another day other than Tuesday! :rolleyes: Can't discourage me! :p

Guys, it isn't inconsistent to LET you do this - it is inconsistent to NOT let you do this. That is why, when you get pushback, you ask for Resolutions. That Evaluator was able to do it without Resolutions suggests some Res agents are doing their job. Sadly, many do not know this policy (or are too lazy to care). Think about it. Why would they decline to let you pay MORE?

Lindy, check next Tuesday (or Monday if you are CAS). If it goes down again - insist on being allowed to upgrade for the higher rate. You really are allowed to do this, you just need to get the right people (someone who knows their job) involved.

Im assuming you were driving to the ship that day(seeing as you live in FL)....this confuses me:confused:....why did you call then and not the day before from home??? Surely,they didnt have prices still listed online to see..:confused::confused:

In it inconsistent to not allow this as it is the policy to allow upgrades at a higher rate to RSale prices. I mean, why wouldn't they? What company turns down more money?

Guys, it isn't inconsistent to LET you do this - it is inconsistent to NOT let you do this. That is why, when you get pushback, you ask for Resolutions. That Evaluator was able to do it without Resolutions suggests some Res agents are doing their job. Sadly, many do not know this policy (or are too lazy to care). Think about it. Why would they decline to let you pay MORE?

I'm not saying their policy is inconsistent, I would expect them to let one upgrade no matter if it is a sales event or not, if the price is higher and one has to pay more money.

The inconsistent part is when different agents insist that different rules apply. The one time I thought I had a case the rep refused to pass me along to resolutions. She simply insisted that in her opinion, I had no case. Her supervisor, Pat, agreed. At that point I had talked to several people and simply gave up.

It was regarding a 2 category upgrade I received while booking onboard IOS. They would not transfer it to another ship and sail date. At the time, I had asked Juan if it was transferrable, and he said yes. When I went to do it, the answer was no. What one of them said was, 'We don't know what goes on, on the ships.'. Ya got that right, Pat.

Im assuming you were driving to the ship that day(seeing as you live in FL)....this confuses me:confused:....why did you call then and not the day before from home??? Surely,they didnt have prices still listed online to see..:confused::confused:

It was a Tuesday sale. It was available on Monday for C&A members. The preview came out the Thursday before on PDF via the "link" so I knew it was coming up on Monday starting when they come in at 9:00 A.M. Also saw it when logging on that Monday at 2:00 A.M. on RCI's site.

The Navigator cruise was leaving that Monday on a 5 nighter. We were driving to Ft. Lauderdale to board. Called them on the way at 9:01 A.M. to get the deal done.

Is that making sense now? I called the D+ desk and had no problems getting it done.

Well this happened to us last Oct on BOS. We had an aft D2 balcony which had already made final payment of course--then guess what a GS new booking went on sale less $$ then we paid for our D2--called and went through several agents attempting to at least get the GS for the same amount that we paid for our D2--they would not do it. Of course the D2 never did lower its rates either--we paid the full price that we had when we booked it 1.5 yrs out for 4 people. One just cannot book a cruise and count on your price being dropped-sometimes you just get lucky and others not!!

Now we are booked on Seranade of the Seas and with the inconsistancy they will not let you combine the C&A coupon with the Balcony discount--this of course has happened before--some folks depending upon the cruise get to use both.

What we have pretty much decided is to wait until closer to booking dates and use our luck-(of course you can only do this when you are less particular on the stateroom) and see what goes on sale--:)

It was a Tuesday sale. It was available on Monday for C&A members. The preview came out the Thursday before on PDF via the "link" so I knew it was coming up on Monday starting when they come in at 9:00 A.M. Also saw it when logging on that Monday at 2:00 A.M. on RCI's site.

The Navigator cruise was leaving that Monday on a 5 nighter. We were driving to Ft. Lauderdale to board. Called them on the way at 9:01 A.M. to get the deal done.

Is that making sense now? I called the D+ desk and had no problems getting it done.

At first I thought you meant it was for the cruise you were getting on......but you meant for another cruise,right???

Lindy Sue,

My experience last Tuesday was the same as yours. We booked an E1 and the JS were on sale for $130 more pp. I called the agent and asked to upgrade as per the special pricing that was showing. The D+ person claimed he did not see a special price and that the JS were $1649. He said any special pricing was only available if I had a new booking. I knew that others had been told the same line so I wasn't surprised. I did tell the agent it made no sense since that someone else could have the cabin for $1249 but yet I could not.

Following night a JS guarantee was offered. Guess they didn't get enough sales on Tuesday and were willing to give those of us who had booked the chance to "purchase" the upgrade. I wasn't sure if the fine print at the bottom of the screen would prevail again but the agent had no problem taking my credit card info.

If this happens again I will take thelion's advice and move up the ladder.

Sheal

Archived