Better Deals on X-mas or New Years

audekat

When do you think you can better a price Christmas week or New Years week? I am thinking about going on a cruise for the holidays in 2012 and I am going to investigating where I want to go but I do want to have a good Idea of exactly when I want to go.

So which week do you think is better: X-Mas or New years?

We wait till a couple weeks into the new year and can sail for a fraction of the cost of sailing over the holidays.

I get a lot of time off work over Christmas and New years, then I can save my vacation for later in the year. I know the holidays in general are more expensive than the rest of the year, I was just wondering about the difference between christmas week and new years week.

When do you think you can better a price Christmas week or New Years week? I am thinking about going on a cruise for the holidays in 2012 and I am going to investigating where I want to go but I do want to have a good Idea of exactly when I want to go.

Any week that school is out is always a more expensive week. I have two girls 10 and 14 so we only travel on school vacations. This year we are on the Pride for the Feb. 20th sailing. The difference in price between the two weeks in crazy, but supply and demand.......

I would say do it the week not inbetween the two, but starting around new year and into the week after - school always starts up by the 3rd.

Summer best week is the week before Labor day for the best price or the last week actually any week in June.

Unless something changes this year from last year......never. We sailed Christmas on the Conquest this past december booked it a year out and the price did nothing but go up. Am booked on the Magic for this coming Christmas booked it in June '10 for Dec '11 and so far our cabin cat has gone up $355.

Since the pricing is about the same for both, I would go on New Years, it was so much fun and everyone is in a party mood.

I have never been over Christmas but Iv'e heard it can be a little depressing. especially for the crew.

Toni

Since the pricing is about the same for both, I would go on New Years, it was so much fun and everyone is in a party mood.

I have never been over Christmas but Iv'e heard it can be a little depressing. especially for the crew.

Toni

On the Conquest this past Christmas the entire crew on the ship were great on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It seemed that everyone was smiling, laughing and having a great time. On Christmas morning as soon as we left the cabin every crew member we passed said Merry Christmas and it wasn't forced or fake in any way. It was more like one big happy family (crew and passengers) celabrating together. No depression in site .

The answer depends on what day the New Year starts on.

This year, 2011, the first was on a Saturday and cruises were MUCH cheaper then the prior week.

Our Pride cruise on the 2nd was less then 1/2 the previous 2 weeks.

You could say the prior two cruises were the Christmas and New Years cruises, but I wouldn't.

Next year the 1st falls on a Saturday so more people will be able to take off that week. Therefore

that weeks cruises will probably not be as cheap as they were this year.

On the other hand ,maybe the Christmas week cruises starting on Sunday the 18th, will be cheaper.

You may not believe where the dates fall on the calendar would matter so much but it does.

A day or two can mean big $$$$$$s

I did both Christmas and NY's this year. I booked Early Saver and saved over $450 on both cruises. We had a great time. Loved the Christmas show with the kids and Carnvial Dancers. Then when the staff came in with lighted candles and talked about home...I lost it . We were one big family. Very touching...

I love the eggnog and champagne. Santa came and gave every kid a gift too on Christmas morning...

Food is much better over the Holidays . NY steak on regualr dining and other great dishes....

Charleyann

Christmas week is almost always less expensive than New Years week just because New Years eve is a much bigger party!

Yes better for Carnival they charge more!

Archived