Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I love the new quilt on the Cruise Room bed - maps of the Caribbean! (Brand: Tommy Bahama, what else??!!;)

You can chart your cruise on the quilt! Or, if you don't know where to cruise to, just throw a coin on to the bed and cruise where ever it lands!

Today the jewelry for each outfit was placed in mini ZipLoc bags and the bags were labeled with Post It notes: "Day 4 Aruba - Day, Day 4 Dinner/Evening", etc.

All those ZipLocs went in one of those zippered cases that come free with cosmetics promotions. The ZipLocs are in chronological order so they're easy to find.

Onboard, before going to bed, I lay out the next days needs and put back what was worn.

I changed out one outfit that just wasn't making me smile - a gray & white knit sundress didn't feel very Caribbeany...so looking through the Cruise Closet, there was a spaghetti-strapped loose-fitting knit dress - raspberry background w/ yellow, green and blue flowers (Garnet Hill), that had a happier look.

So, of course, the Jewelry Bag had to be revised, too:rolleyes:. That's one of the benefits of choosing Outfits in advance - gives you a chance to tweak when something doesn't feel quite right...

geocruiser: Love your idea about throwing a coin on the quilt and going wherever it lands! If only DH would go along with the idea!

Edited by indiana71

I have been looking for a light weight white jacket with zipper and optional hoodie. Had one years ago that was a cruise staple. Just works on board in AC so well. Goes with most. I've been using a coral one I bought for Broncos Super Bowl game on Glory. I never thought with winter coming I'd find one. Well low and behold! Walmart work out clothes, Danskin. Perfect!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I have been looking for a light weight white jacket with zipper and optional hoodie. Had one years ago that was a cruise staple. Just works on board in AC so well. Goes with most. I've been using a coral one I bought for Broncos Super Bowl game on Glory. I never thought with winter coming I'd find one. Well low and behold! Walmart work out clothes, Danskin. Perfect!

I found the same thing, but at kohls on line, came yesterday (along with a turquoise one). Perfect for our Caribbean cruise next month (even has zippered pickets, TekGear). Yay!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I found the same thing, but at kohls on line, came yesterday (along with a turquoise one). Perfect for our Caribbean cruise next month (even has zippered pickets, TekGear). Yay!

Zippered pockets are great! Isn't it fun to find the perfect thing for a cruise!

I use hoodies a lot. I have also looked at patterns that change a hoodie into a jacket. Just might try that!

Zippered pockets are great! Isn't it fun to find the perfect thing for a cruise!

& on sale for $16 instead of $40 & I had a 30% coupon, score! & the fit is exceptional. I've been looking for a white hooded jacket for 2 years, so of course I had to get another color as well. Hmmm, coupon is good thru today, maybe I'll look for another color ;)

I am just now starting to "stage" my clothes for our b2b Southern Caribbean cruises starting next month. Practically every top in this picture came from ebay. I found some amazing stuff for between $10 - $20 each.

I also found 3 necklaces that were perfect for the black/yellow jacket, a royal blue long jacket, and my aqua/turquoise tops and jackets. I found a royal blue and silver necklace at CVS of all places for $9!! My husband removed the gold chains from the aqua necklace and I ended up with a long mixed blues beaded necklace.

My newest favorites, and they weigh practically nothing because they are chiffon, are the brown/bronze top and the black with blue print on the bottom.

Clothes.jpg.5162983a9145db2277c5702332fdca0a.jpg

336161480_Yellowandblacknecklace.jpg.75bd53e7242edd87c38fd12cc2f17550.jpg

1754005281_Bluenecklace.jpg.c7ec4e996a6ddc48bf4de1afdb213953.jpg

919763445_Royalbluejacket.jpg.74eb8ccee050cfb1afde84afe7de181e.jpg

1414155486_Bronzetop.jpg.506e786aae14b1053491263ea1c003ca.jpg

179884219_Blackbluebottomjkt.jpg.bdf1b1919923d82549bc3b173a3335c3.jpg

& on sale for $16 instead of $40 & I had a 30% coupon, score! & the fit is exceptional. I've been looking for a white hooded jacket for 2 years, so of course I had to get another color as well. Hmmm, coupon is good thru today, maybe I'll look for another color ;)

I went and looked too!! The aqua was so pretty. Came close to ordering!! But white and coral will be all I need. Can't buy everything I want😹

Love reading about the good deals on items that were needed! Very nice:).

pcur: Thanks for sharing photos. The bronze top is my favorite. Also like the jewelry:cool:.

November 5 will be CruisGiving (name is a combination of Cruise (that will be less than a month away) and Thanksgiving (I am so thankful that we are able to cruise)).

I'm preparing a 4-course dinner that will start with Wine Time (just like we have onboard). All the recipes are from a Royal Caribbean cookbook.

After dinner we will review the itinerary. Since Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao are new ports for us, we will look at a couple websites to become familiar.

Lastly, I have several gifts for DH. He's getting a couple tropical shirts and a few other items that will go in the suitcase.

After that, Serious Packing will begin:cool::)!

There's a quirky new gift shop in our Lake House town. I found a small black and a small lime crossbody purse that are already on the spreadsheet! So pleased to add two fun items from a local merchant:).

We had 91 Trick or Treaters last night! Weather was cold (40's) and raining. Looking at the little darlings' from a CCF viewpoint - several princesses came to the door along with many appropriately fun costumes.

Got me to thinking...choosing outfits for a Cruise is much like Halloween costume selections - we want to be comfortable, practical and have fun in what we have on!

Since we are flying to Florida the day before Cruising, I have a carry-on suitcase out. Everything we need for a night in FL + Day 1 goes in it. Don't even want to open the big luggage until it's time to unpack in our stateroom (except for the makeup bag - that will go on top of my Big Suitcase. Much easier to check it rather than putting all liquids, etc. in ZipLoc bags!)

We had 91 Trick or Treaters last night! Weather was cold (40's) and raining. Looking at the little darlings' from a CCF viewpoint - several princesses came to the door along with many appropriately fun costumes.

Got me to thinking...choosing outfits for a Cruise is much like Halloween costume selections - we want to be comfortable, practical and have fun in what we have on!

Since we are flying to Florida the day before Cruising, I have a carry-on suitcase out. Everything we need for a night in FL + Day 1 goes in it. Don't even want to open the big luggage until it's time to unpack in our stateroom (except for the makeup bag - that will go on top of my Big Suitcase. Much easier to check it rather than putting all liquids, etc. in ZipLoc bags!)

Our weather last night was like yours. We had about 22 Trick or Treaters. Still have some soda and bottle water left over. The soda most wanted by the children was Dr. Pepper, followed by bottled water, then orange and last was coke. All were coffee free but the Sunkist. The children are so cute when they see the cans coming, all very happy.

Spent some time today ironing and packing. Decided I prefer tissue paper for layering rather than dry cleaner plastic. Tissue doesn't slide (at least for me.)

All that's left is one Formal Night outfit, and that's going to be worn Saturday for a multi-course Wine Dinner.

The carry-on hasn't had much activity yet.

Weds is "CruisGiving". We will review the Next Cruise itinerary and DH will receive several gifts... it's been awhile since our last cruise and apparently I bought him several shirts...and a couple books...and cute crocodile towel clips:rolleyes:.

Can't pack for DH until he chooses a few more outfits.

We're under 30 days now and there's lots of activities and chores on the calendar! DH has been looking at port webcams and asking questions about the 3 new ports we're going to. No answers given, though - not until CruisGiving:cool:.

You can see that my brain is beginning to show signs of overload - I forgot to post the photo of what the Cruise Room looks like now...

Each complete outfit is ready to Try On.

After breakfast, I'll take a cup of coffee, turn on the Caribbean music and start. If I'm still at it at noon, DH will (probably) bring me a glass of wine;).

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv9%3B9%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3A668%3A569335nu0mrj

I am very jealous of your cruise room! My cruise clothes are just sectioned to one area of my teeny tiny over-packed closet (my clothes rack literally ripped off the wall the other night, let's just say DH thought a tree fell on our house it was so loud!). I love all of your outfits, the comforter, and the lamp!!

I fly to Ft. Lauderdale on Friday morning and sail out of Miami on Saturday.

I haven't packed anything yet. I have a bunch of stuff out on the bed

and probably need to pull some items back;)........I need to eat some

dinner and then maybe start to pack. I have nothing hanging up like

in your photos though....all my stuff is in dfferent piles on the bed.

Edited by Lois R

Drove to the Lake House this morning - had SNOW falling and covering the road for several miles:(. Not liking it...

Stopped at the antique shop after arriving and bought a vintage purple and gold necklace and a silver and gold dainty cuff bracelet - both for $5.00:). ...will check the spreadsheet to see if necklace can go on the Next Cruise...

Drove to the Lake House this morning - had SNOW falling and covering the road for several miles:(. Not liking it...

Stopped at the antique shop after arriving and bought a vintage purple and gold necklace and a silver and gold dainty cuff bracelet - both for $5.00:). ...will check the spreadsheet to see if necklace can go on the Next Cruise...

Snow is a four letter word!:) One I don't like to see. Great buy on the vintage necklace and bracelet. I love finds like that. Enjoy them.

Okay ladies I need your opinion. I have a small rolling rack that I want to put in my room. I wanted to start getting my outfits ready for my cruise on Feb 6.

Well my kids and husband are teasing me saying it is too soon to be getting your outfits together. Do any of you start planning 3 months in advance?

Okay ladies I need your opinion. I have a small rolling rack that I want to put in my room. I wanted to start getting my outfits ready for my cruise on Feb 6.

Well my kids and husband are teasing me saying it is too soon to be getting your outfits together. Do any of you start planning 3 months in advance?

Lol. No. Lol.

Honestly, I would feel like I would have to wash and iron everything all over again if it was laid out 3 months in advance.

I DO however, love the idea that some ladies have on CC with the spread sheets. :):):)

I started putting combinations together & trying things on in Sep (to see how much I had to lose...) for our cruise in 21 days. I have a separate closet for my cruise clothes. As I put away summer clothes I put some of the capris & sandals in that closet as well. When we come back in Dec what worked well will go back into the cruise closet for our March cruise. Never too soon to start prepping, that's half the fun of planning. Yes, I do use a spreadsheet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My weight issue is part of it as well. I have some dresses put aside in case I decide to take them to the seamstress. I always seem to come across SALES and it's hard to remember what I have. Boston Proper has some great deals on end of the season clothing. I just purchased 3 dresses 2 pairs of shoes and a cute sweater for $ 199.00. I thought that was really good for Boston Proper.

I just don't want to have to pack all that away.

I start staging for my next cruise approximately 3 - 4 months in advance. I got a supply of these from ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-DRY-CLEANER-POLY-GARMENT-BAGS-21-x-4-x-54-NEW-Plastic-bags-free-shipping-/121311576331?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3ebbc10b

These plastic bags are totally reusable, so it's like a one time purchase. I got 28 or 30 of them.

I bag all my formal and dressy clothes in my closet. Then, I select what I want to wear on my next cruise, and put them in one spot in my closet (some move them to another room's closet).

Then, I start putting other clothes in the "staging" closet area. I'll put my summer tops there immediately after a cruise if I'm not going to wear them in the meantime. I plastic bag these, too. I'll tweak the selection as time goes by, and make a final decision just before packing, depending on how much weight I feel like schlepping around in my suitcase. I've been collecting a whole wardrobe of chiffon tops and evening jackets over the last year. I now have about a 14 day supply, which means I can either pack them all for a long trip, or rotate them for shorter ones. I also wear all of these tops here at home during the summer.

Shoes, undies, and sleepwear are last.

Jewelry is hanging on the hanger with the top, so it's just added to my jewelry bag when I pack the top.

Edited by pcur