specialty restaurants

cantfindaname

Depends, do you want a heavy Northern Italian dinner experience, or a steakhouse experience?

In my case, the menu at Sabatini's does not appeal to me (I'm not a big seafood eater), so I would be more inclined to eat at the Crown Grill. That being said, other than the steak entrees, the menu there doesn't appeal much to me either, so I tend to stick with the buffet and MDR.

We are not vegans by any stretch of the imagination, but neither of us eat much red meat. Not sure why, we just never have.

But every once in awhile hubby likes a filet and I like a New York Strip...maybe once a year or so. So we save our "steak outs" for the cruise. I think if you are going to feel like you swallowed a bowling ball (which is what happens when you don't eat red meat and then eat a steak!), then it may as well be on a cruise ship!

We tried both and I'm sure we'll try both again. We had a great time in both places--they are both really different. And I didn't think I would feel compelled to tip 'extra' even though I had read so much about it before trying them. So glad we bought cash with us because you will probably want to have some cash to tip as well. I think we left $10 in one and $20 in the other....take some cash JUST IN CASE you feel you want to and then don't if you don't want to.

Enjoy!

what do people prefer sabatinis or crown grill

We are looking at trying the Crown Grill with our upcoming Hawaiian cruise after looking at the features in sample menu from Princess since the appetizers, seafood and dessert selections are of our liking. We've tried Sabatini in one of our previous cruises and it was very good but there was simply way too much food served--when we got done, we almost rolled out of the dining room. Besides it took more than 2.5 hours to go thru all the courses. In fact we've even looked at the very exclusive Chef's Table at $75/pp but somehow their features are just not as good as what are offered at Sabatini or Crown (this is just our own opinion of course) for $20pp and $25pp. This is definitely a personal choice and whatever appeals to you is the restaurant you should try. Look at the sample menus provided by Princess before you decide.

Archived