MDR food, Dress Codes, Tips, and Upgrades

EVALUATOR

Hoping for an upgrade today. Could be the second one this week.

Just have a question on the MDR food, and dress code.

O.K. here's the deal.

The first upgrade was for Mrs E. Not from an inside to the OS. How about from ICU to a regular ward.:)

Surgery today, and a lot of major issues there. But there is a chance we will be getting to disembark the hospital this weekend. And they do provide wheelchairs for this. You do not need to bring your own.:) And Pinnacle and Diamond Plus and Suite cruisers can wait until we go first.

Do they serve whole Main lobster in the MDR? I know they don't, but after NO FOOD of any kind for 9 days, even those Windjammer hamburgers would look and taste pretty damn good. :eek:

Dress code might be an issue. It might be formal night tonight, but if they let her eat, she might walk into the hospital dining area with hospital attire. Might even have her butt hanging out.:o You can complain if you want, but it's "our" vacation!!! We are not waiting for the tux and gown to come back from dry cleaning.

Tipping... The Valet Parking is paid for by the hospital. There is no need for tipping additional... But we will.

Items left behind... If we forget anything in the room... Burn it. We have no desire to come back and get it.

Boy do we need cruise therapy. Hope to get some again.

NEVER GIVE UP.

She can go to the head of the line anytime and wear anything her heart desires to formal night.

I hope things improve for her to be able to cruise again.

I know this is not related to the post but I really like your avatar. And I do hope Mrs. E gets well quickly! :D

Congrats!

One word of warning! Bring a wrap to the MDR...that hospital provided attire tends to have a back door draft!!!!

Again, good news!!!!!!

Nothing like good old Ventilated Evening Apparel! :D

So very glad Mrs. E is doing better. I feel as if I know you two from reading your posts, and I've been rooting for you!!

Mrs E. is finally home from the hospital.

I have to give her at least 6 weeks of twice daily IV antibiotics. Plus a lot of other issues.

Then hopefully we can think about cruising again.

If we tried to fly or cruise, we would definitely get pulled aside for all the stuff we would need to carry on the plane or ship.

Long ways to go, but Mrs E. is able to walk, and most of all, eat food again.

13 days of TPN (nutrition through an IV) can really change your opinion of cruise line "banquet" food.:eek::eek:

As for "jeans in the dining room"... some people need to put things in perspective.:)

Save us a couple seats in the concierge lounge, we will cruise again.:D

Can feel your pain. Been doing the TPN and IV antibotics for 31 year old daughter. She's been sick a couple of years, now. Moved her and the 3 kids in with Dh and I last year. It has been now 17 stays in hospital since May 3rd. Her weight is 92 lbs. This past week has been the best. She has just about ate us out of house and home. But thats all right, she can have what ever. You could feed me k-rations in that dining room, I wouldn't care, I would think it was cavier. Praying for nothing but good days for you both.:)

Mr. "E", You have provided so many funny moments here on CC even though you were dealing with Mrs "E" and her health issues at home. I know it's been tough, and we all so appreciate your input here.

God Bless you both. Sending you both good thoughts and prayers. I have no doubt that you both will be cruising together again.

Please keep us updated.

I have to give her at least 6 weeks of twice daily IV antibiotics. Plus a lot of other issues.

13 days of TPN (nutrition through an IV) can really change your opinion of cruise line "banquet" food.:eek::eek:

As for "jeans in the dining room"... some people need to put things in perspective.:)

This surely sums it up! Lots of prayers coming to Mrs. E from her Cruise Critic friends.

If we tried to fly or cruise, we would definitely get pulled aside for all the stuff we would need to carry on the plane or ship.

Happy thoughts for you both. Heck, I'd even give up the chair I camp out in in the CL for you. :D

Archived