Need help on a western European cruise selection...

vapple

We want to go on a western European cruise this October. How do we know which cruise line is the best and most "bang for your buck?" Length can be from 7 to 10 nights. We want a balcony cabin. Have been on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity before, but are open to other lines.

Any suggestions or past experiences??

Thanks!

We want to go on a western European cruise this October. How do we know which cruise line is the best and most "bang for your buck?" Length can be from 7 to 10 nights. We want a balcony cabin. Have been on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity before, but are open to other lines.

Thanks!

Carnival Magic...new ship...coming to the New World (Galveston) after october. 9 and 12 day cruises, I think, out of Barcelona.

Thanks!

I think it would be easier for people to help you if you offered more information about yourselves. Likes & dislikes for instance.

We did a 12-day cruise Lisbon to Rome last August. We chose Oceania which is a premium line with smaller, more intimate ships. The service, food and overall ambiance is amazing. This line does attract a more mature passenger, but everyone we met was very friendly. We had a great time!

Europe is all about the ports pick the ones you want the most and go with the line that is close to those choices. In europe you will be off the ship most days and tierd most nights. the ship matters less on A P.I. cruise.

2 years ago we did a 12 day cruise on norweigan from barcelona that we chose because of the ports. i really wanted to go to egypt and see the pyramids ( and now i feel so lucky that we did). i agree that picking based on what you want to see should be your priority. we looked at some european cruise lines, and found that they allow smoking all over the ship, and that really turned me off. so think about where and when you want to travel first, then look at lines.

2 years ago we did a 12 day cruise on norweigan from barcelona that we chose because of the ports. i really wanted to go to egypt and see the pyramids ( and now i feel so lucky that we did). i agree that picking based on what you want to see should be your priority. we looked at some european cruise lines, and found that they allow smoking all over the ship, and that really turned me off. so think about where and when you want to travel first, then look at lines.

MSC and Costa are SUPPOSED to have rules about smoking.....!!!:rolleyes:

I read the same criticism about Adventure OTS, when she leaves from Malaga....

The British lines have very strict rules about no smoking indoors- anywhere!

We, too, enjoyed Norwegian Jade for Med cruises.

Jo.

Everyone has a different view of what is value or bang for buck.

IMHO the worst value is a balcony in Europe. Most ports aren't really so beautiful that the view is worth the premium. Hopefully you are sailing it for the exotic different port each day and not the few sea days to enjoy the sun.

I'd say pick the line that has the best port lineup. I think 7-10 days is on the short side after you factor in cost of the airpline, travel and adjustment for time change.

Its PORTS PORTS PORTS and insure you have budgeted for the excurision. It would be terrible to visit Rome but not spend the money to get the most of your few hours there.

My favorite has been Princess Grand Med but that is a longer sailing but hits so many awesome ports.

Good luck!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all for your replies. We have booked a wonderful 12 night cruise on Celebrity Solstice...Barcelona, Nice, Florence, Rome, Naples, Venice, Montenegro and Dubrovnick...

Got a fabulous deal for great cabins. Looking forward to a special trip to celebrate our 40th Anniversary!!

Thanks all again!

Thanks to all for your replies. We have booked a wonderful 12 night cruise on Celebrity Solstice...Barcelona, Nice, Florence, Rome, Naples, Venice, Montenegro and Dubrovnick...

Got a fabulous deal for great cabins. Looking forward to a special trip to celebrate our 40th Anniversary!!

Thanks all again!

Fabulous choice!!!

Archived