Aft corners on Radiance class

Enough about 1100 or 9256 what about 1602?? Have it booked let's give it some pub.

We've sailed 1602 on Serenade, and it was awesome. Huge balcony, great cabin. I don't recall having a problem with noise or water, and since Radiance class are GTV ships you don't get soot like you do on some of the other ships. I like this cabin so much I booked it again on Brilliance in May. Shockingly, we were able to get it <45 days out, so somebody must have cancelled or got upgraded (lucky us!)

Each to their own but to us ..yes..the larger cabin, balcony, walkin closet, bathtub and of course the extra cruisepoints..But whatever you decide will be best for you .. Enjoy Alaska :D

Thanks!! I am guessing you are totally right!! :D

Does anyone have any pics of this cabin? This is our first aft and I am so excited! Thanks alot

Hope I made a good choice.

Marcia

check out cruiselinerooms com site. The Radiance has a picture of the room but not the balcony. Check some of the others for balcony pics

Had 8168 on the Jewel. Contrary to what others say although the balcony is larger I felt the loungers and chairs took up most of the room.It's enough for two maybe three. We wanted to host a sunset cocktail party for 8 and there is no way you could have more than 4 people out there unless some of the furniture was removed. The view of course was stunning!

Had 8168 on the Jewel. Contrary to what others say although the balcony is larger I felt the loungers and chairs took up most of the room.It's enough for two maybe three. We wanted to host a sunset cocktail party for 8 and there is no way you could have more than 4 people out there unless some of the furniture was removed. The view of course was stunning!

Could not get 9256 for our 2012 Alaska cruise, so we booked the one you had #8168.

I think that balcony may be smaller than 9256? Better than no aft corner!

Frustrating RCI website that won't let you book yet...and rep on phone told me they had been taking reservations for a couple of days now. No way to know when these are available without calling constantly. Sheeez....

Yes, we were in cabin 8168 on the Serenade this last February and it had a large balcony. The balcony depth tapers off to the port side of the ship. We had two chairs and a table along with two loungers.

You will love the cabin.

Is the balcony that much smaller than 9256? We had 9256 on the Radiance last month and loved it. But could not snag it again (they go quick!!) for next year's Alaska cruise.

Is the balcony that much smaller than 9256? We had 9256 on the Radiance last month and loved it. But could not snag it again (they go quick!!) for next year's Alaska cruise.

Is this your second time cruising in Alaska? Which sailing are you on? We have read so much that we knew one week sailing would not be enough so we booked our first B2B.

Here is a picture of the aft balconies on Radiance.

1100 is a Junior Suite cabin; 1600 is a Grand Suite and 1602 is another Junior Suite.........all located on Deck 10.

Radiancestern.jpg

Which ship has these numbers painted on the aft - it looks ugly?

Does it have them on the side as well :eek: :D

Is this your second time cruising in Alaska? Which sailing are you on? We have read so much that we knew one week sailing would not be enough so we booked our first B2B.

No, we did HAL's Oosterdam in an aft corner suite for our first cruise about 5 years ago. Loved it, but had embarked in Seattle for a round trip, which had too much ocean time and was too big of a ship. This time is the south bound inside cruise from Seward to Vancouver on Radiance, of which we will enjoy more.

Rather than a b2b for us, we are flying into Alaska a week early to explore on our own. Going to do Denali, tour the surrounding area, plus looking for a couple of nights at a fishing lodge. Fresh caught salmon...yummss! :D

Enjoy your B2B!! :)

Just got confirmation from my TA, that we were able to get 9256 for our May 4th 2012 Alaska sailing on Radiance. I couldn't believe it. I just was enlightened to this cabin today thanks to the board and we were able to lock it up. I just can't believe it took me the first 30 years of my life to discover how amazing cruising is. I'm hopefully spending the next 30 filling with plenty of time at sea.

Is 9256 fully covered or partially? Is the balcony on 7172 the same size? I believe 7172 is fully covered ?? Thanks

9256 is partially covered, and the balcony is larger than the lower decks due to the taper of the ship as it narrows to the water in the aft. 9256 was just right for sitting in a couple of chairs out of the rain/sun, and more than enough area to enjoy some sun on a lounger! :)

Don't know about 7172 on open versus covered....but I will find out about 8168 next year!

Sorry to kind of make a modified thread post. Hoping someone can help. My wife and I were able to lock up aft balcony 9256 on our radiance sailing to Alaska next year, My parents were able to get a hump cabin, but my in laws are in a regular e2 and all the hump cabins are gone. Does anybody know about cabins 7050 and 7550 they appear to be bigger balconies as well. I hope this isn't hijacking to much or maybe someone can steer me to a better thread. Thanks.

• 4 months later...
9256 is booked for our cruise on Brilliance but we were able to snag 8168.

Now, is the balcony on 8168 larger than 1104 or 1604?

I believe the deck 10 balconies are larger from pictures I have seen, the useable space on deck 8 corner is the problem, yes you can walk toward the corner and see toward the side some. But no way can you put a lounge chair in that corner.

I would go for the conventional large balconies on cabin #1104 and #1604.

I have stayed in cabin #9256, but after looking at the balcony next to it, #9258, I would have be happier with that one. That is why I say go for the ones on deck 10 center aft.

I would switch to Cabin #1104 if you are an early riser, sometimes you can hear people in the outdoor windjammer for breakfast, that same area is closed off after dinner so at night it is no problem, If you like to sleep late move down a deck to Cabin 9660..... Cabins above and below you.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x267/Shipsbelle/Radiancestern.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x267/Shipsbelle/Radianceaftbalcony.jpg

Jimbo:)

We have our favorite 9256 booked again on the Radiance for our Alaska cruise next year. True the balcony tapers down dramaticaly on the corner, but it is the bright and open area we love. :)

Does not feel closed in like the center balconies, that indeed are bigger, but seem to us like a dark and narrow long cave. If you don't like the sun and prefer the shade, they would work for you.

We booked Serenade for next March. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary. When we booked, 9256 was not available so we booked 9258. I kept checking RCI's web site to see if 9256 might free up and it did! I called my TA right away and had her switch us to 9256. It pays to keep checking the web site.

Archived