FOS not drydocked?

They're getting rid of the barber shop and that's where the cupcake place will be. They're also adding digital signage, the giant screen near the pool, and 3D movies... Plus a couple of small things and new carpet!

If you go back through the news on cruisecritic, it has an article on it. If you look at the archives for 2010 and search for the word Freedom on the page, you'll find it.

They're getting rid of the barber shop and that's where the cupcake place will be. They're also adding digital signage, the giant screen near the pool, and 3D movies... Plus a couple of small things and new carpet!

If you go back through the news on cruisecritic, it has an article on it. If you look at the archives for 2010 and search for the word Freedom on the page, you'll find it.

Also adding Shrek characters and possibl 3D capability in the main theatre.

We sail on FOS so frequently that we are familiar with certain stains on the carpet (eg forward overook on Deck 10 -- will check out if that is gone when we sail in August -- LOL)

*YAY* I was waiting for this... Does anyone know what other upgrades they'll be doing other than the largly advertised ones like screens and cupcake shops?

*YAY* I was waiting for this... Does anyone know what other upgrades they'll be doing other than the largly advertised ones like screens and cupcake shops?
They will also be adding the Royal Baby & Tots Nursery, Vintages remodel that allows self pour at various ounces (1,3,5) for about 30 wines, interactive digital signing, 3 D movie screens and projector in the main theater.

Does anyone know what upgrades are being done to the Freedom of the Seas in drydock?

I heard that are adding the cupcake store to the promenade. If this is true, what are they removing to make space for the cupcake store?

clean shave is being replaced with cupcake bakery

Does anyone know what upgrades are being done to the Freedom of the Seas in drydock?

I heard that are adding the cupcake store to the promenade. If this is true, what are they removing to make space for the cupcake store?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=royal_advantage_main

lisa of upgrades for Freedom and the other ships

Freedom is pulling out now!!
Caught her coming through the jetty on the Cocoa Beach Surf Cam -- Port Canaveral Jetty Park Camera. I often check this camera on Sunday but during mid-day full of sun worshipers (may try this ourselves prior to our next FOS cruise). The camera is one that you can take control of for 2 minutes and some folks are not as fixated on Freedom as I am.

On marinetraffic.com, it looks like the pilot is exiting and jumping to his ship (you can tell by the fact that FOS and the pilot boat are close together and have similar speeds). Love to watch that we we cruise.

Boy am I a cruise geek.

We've all discussed that FOS had been scheduled for drydock this March, yet looking at her schedule I dont see that being done. I've done a Google search as well...nothing current.

I cant find anything new about it on their website, & we were hoping to have the big screen added before our trip in April17.

Anyone know the status of the drydock?

Thanks

I check the webcam this morning and Freedom was in dock letting passangers off. I check again at 2.35 and the ship is gone. It is definatly going to drydock the week of March 20.

My son works on the Freedom. I talk to him this morning right before they were heading to Freeport for drydock. He told me they are taking out the barber shop for the cupcake place.

Big screen is being added.

Thank you for the web cam link.

Archived