Woman suing Carnival: Ship sailed too fast

roe2ship

Certainly any thinking person would say the law suit is silly, unfounded, and frivolous.

However, reading Cruise Critic regularly and reviewing some of the wild postings balming the cruise lines for everything from the weather to natural disasters, it is not surprising that someone would sue for sea sickness.

Certainly any thinking person would say the law suit is silly, unfounded, and frivolous.

However, reading Cruise Critic regularly and reviewing some of the wild postings balming the cruise lines for everything from the weather to natural disasters, it is not surprising that someone would sue for sea sickness.

Wow, did you hit the nail on the head. :D

I can not believe this suit has even gotten this far, how ridiculous.

I have always said the most entertainment I get on a cruise is hanging around the pursers desk listening to the ridiculous complaints some people have and them trying to weasle some OBC or refund to their account but this one takes the cake. If she wins I can see it now-"Ladies and Gentleman-welcome aboard-we are leaving port now- We will travel about fifty feet from the dock where we will anchor and spend the rest of the week-We are doing this so we dont make the ship go to fast or encounter some "waves" and make our passangers sick or uncomfortable"

Whats next-to much sun

Oh my... what's more unbelievable is that any attorney would accept this case! :rolleyes: Frivolous to the max...

Hey nothing ventured nothing gained-30-40 percent of a milliion dollars is a pretty good pay day for some low life attorney-and hey we will ALL pay for it in higher cruise prices-just like we pay higher auto and health insurance because of attorneys who accept ( and search for) these cases

and win millions for themselves.

Yeh, who'd ever have thought that someone would have sued for getting hot coffee at Micky D's??!! Unfortunately it's not illegal to be greedy or stupid. ;)

So true... the worst case I ever heard of was a guy who was trying to rob a school, fell through a ceiling, sued the school and won! :eek:

Surely you jest about any attorney taking this case? This is truly what is wrong with the legal system in place today. Anyone can make up something and there is an attorney out there that will take on the case. It's all about the money!

The thing that will impact most us of that love to cruise is that our prices will increase. Why--because the cruise lines have to cover their costs to defend a frivolous lawsuit like this.

Gvie me a break. The ship cruised too fast! Pitiful excuse to try to recover the cost of a cruise they could not afford.

I have always said the most entertainment I get on a cruise is hanging around the pursers desk listening to the ridiculous complaints some people have

Was just on the Splendor for a couple weeks and standing at guest services provided some big laughs. I really don't know how guest services can do that job. I would last 2 seconds.

One guy was demanding an upgrade from his inside because he has claustrophobia. Saying they were going to have to airlift him off the ship and he was going to sleep out on the open decks. Umm...how about don't book an inside if you really have an issue that bad. I should have offered to give up our porthole cabin for some OBC. :p

Another person had their cell phone with them and couldn't figure out how to make calls or something so guest services were trying to help the person figure out how to work their phone using roaming. duh..

OK, next time my wife and I are in rough seas, and we don't feel like having the midnight feast, I will be sure to call our lawyer and sue the cruise line because we missed out on our cruise experience.....

Really, the seas were rough,????. welcome to cruising. If you could be anywhere else at that time, where would it be????

I do not care where the ship is going, as long as I am on it.....

Whiners don't enjoy anything....

One guy was demanding an upgrade from his inside because he has claustrophobia. Saying they were going to have to airlift him off the ship and he was going to sleep out on the open decks. Umm...how about don't book an inside if you really have an issue that bad. I should have offered to give up our porthole cabin for some OBC. :p

I wonder if he got away with this scam on another cruise ship where they had empty cabins & just wanted to get rid of this idiot at the PSD? :rolleyes:

She must have walked to the port.........a car or an airplane would have exceeded the 25mph speed she couldn't handle.

Too bad this couldn't have been settled on Judge Judy!!

Hey come on guys have some compassion. How would you like your body to "sway terrible". I hope she never goes to Disney World. Some of those rides have even more terrible sways.

Wife and I always have a contest about which of us hears the best complaint or whining during the cruise. I never thought of hanging out at the purser's desk. Should give me a sure thing.

Hey nothing ventured nothing gained-30-40 percent of a milliion dollars is a pretty good pay day for some low life attorney-and hey we will ALL pay for it in higher cruise prices-just like we pay higher auto and health insurance because of attorneys who accept ( and search for) these cases

and win millions for themselves.

I don't think a lawyer was involved in this. The article states that the case was brought in small claims court (where people usually represent themselves) and the complaint uses "I," which suggests that this woman wrote it herself.

Signed,

a blood-sucking lawyer

P.S. Thanks to the OP for the laugh.

Wife and I always have a contest about which of us hears the best complaint or whining during the cruise. I never thought of hanging out at the purser's desk. Should give me a sure thing.

This is hilarious.....I bet that is exactly where you would here the good ones.

Hey, how about I sue for gaining too much weight because there was too much food available at all times. NOT!! Cannot even imagine the gall of some people. I shake my head a LOT.

Archived