drink cards

ishophepays

I've read this on one of the posts:

On Princess they sell "The Ultimate Soda Card" which will give you unlimited sodas, virgin cocktails, milk shakes, smoothies. I think this will be great, along with my little rum runner filled with vodka or rum. Ultimate Soda card is $9 per day plus 15% gratuity which will be about $73 for our cruise.

I have never heard of this. Can anyone confirm?

On Princess they sell "The Ultimate Soda Card" which will give you unlimited sodas, virgin cocktails, milk shakes, smoothies. I think this will be great, along with my little rum runner filled with vodka or rum. Ultimate Soda card is $9 per day plus 15% gratuity which will be about $73 for our cruise.

Yes it is available for $9 per person per day plus 15% gratuity.

Is this "ultimate soda card" different from the standard soda sticker one can buy? Also is the "ultimate card" or the soda sticker good for canned sodas or would one get fountain drinks? Although I am a soda-haulic, I'm just not sure I would/could drink $100 worth of sodas on a 10-day cruise; on top of martoonies and other "adult beverages".

Is this "ultimate soda card" different from the standard soda sticker one can buy? Yes, as the standard sticker does not include virgin cocktails, milk shakes or smoothies.

Also is the "ultimate card" or the soda sticker good for canned sodas or would one get fountain drinks? Just the fountain drinks. It will not include fountain soda on Princess Cays. It will not include cans anywhere, not even the ones put in your cabin for sale.

see above in red

yes it is true......and the soda is from the bar gun....not the cans.....;)

i believe RCI just announced a drink card $29 beer and wine-39 beer wine and house liquer and 49 beer, wine and premium liquer. Per person per day

wonfer if others will follow

Only on 3 UK based ships, no plan on going fleet wide yet

I do wish Princess would do some kind of drink card though. The HAL wine card is great

I'm on pain meds, and will probably be on them during our cruise. I'm thinking more and more of getting this ultimate card. I could get strawberry daquiri mocktails all day and be happy. I'll probably juggle one drink in the evening around my meds (There's a 4 hour window or so), but during the day, it might be nice. Even nicer to know that it's usable on Princess Cays.

see above in red

Thanks for that info. I've not had a soda sticker in any of my past cruises and it doesn't look like I'll be getting one for future cruises. I'd rather have canned sodas if I must drink Coke products. I don't think I can schlelp a case of Pepsi onto the ship.

Thanks for that info. I've not had a soda sticker in any of my past cruises and it doesn't look like I'll be getting one for future cruises. I'd rather have canned sodas if I must drink Coke products. I don't think I can schlelp a case of Pepsi onto the ship.

Actually, if you want to, you can schlelp a case of Pepsi. The only problem is getting it if you're flying to the port.

My first cruise, they suggested ginger for seasickness. I prefer Vernor's over regular ginger ale. Since we were driving to NY to leave, I brought a case of Vernor's. I put it in one of the cases - maybe my carryon?? I've heard of others putting it in one of those cheap foam coolers - something to protect it. I've even heard of people just slapping a luggage tag straight on the case itself - though I, myself, would put it in something. (Since my first cruise, I've flown to all my ports, and Vernor's isn't easily available in most states. So, I've stuck with the regular ginger ale, and it's okay, but not the same.)

Cases of soda, and a bottle or two of wine is no issue. Liquor is the problem, unless you're leaving from San Juan. There, you can put anything in your carryon, as long as it's not visable - they honestly don't care.

-Cathy

I'm on pain meds, and will probably be on them during our cruise. I'm thinking more and more of getting this ultimate card. I could get strawberry daquiri mocktails all day and be happy. I'll probably juggle one drink in the evening around my meds (There's a 4 hour window or so), but during the day, it might be nice. Even nicer to know that it's usable on Princess Cays.
My daughter doesn't drink and got the Ultimate Card on our January cruise. It was definitely worth it for her; she had sodas during the day and a couple of mocktails at night.

We had a number of sea days and didn't get off the ship in several ports but I think that if you're on a port-intensive cruise or off the ship all day, it might not pay to get one.

Pam or someone that cruises Princess often, I am thinking about getting this card for my DH, but he has memory problems and I thought maybe I should have the sticker put on my card so I can order for him. My question is, would they think I am trying to cheat the system if they see me ordering juice on the card and giving it to my DH? I know some do try to use the card for multiple people and that is not my intention, I just don't want them to think that is what I am doing. Thanks

Pam or someone that cruises Princess often, I am thinking about getting this card for my DH, but he has memory problems and I thought maybe I should have the sticker put on my card so I can order for him. My question is, would they think I am trying to cheat the system if they see me ordering juice on the card and giving it to my DH? I know some do try to use the card for multiple people and that is not my intention, I just don't want them to think that is what I am doing. Thanks
I don't think that's a problem. The crew are very understanding. Years ago, we traveled often with a couple and she had Alzheimer's at a pretty young age (50). The staff quickly caught on without our having to say anything. Our friend would say, "Dear, I think you'd like such and such" and hand over the card. That might not always be the case but our friend never had a problem.

Pam, Thanks for your understanding of my issue, DH is only 58 and I was worried they might think I am trying to work the system, but I see you understand my circumstance's.

I'm quite certain this is not a situation they've not seen before.

Another option might be to buy the sticker for his card. If you are always with him you could still help him order. Would he let you hold on to his card?

Hi Phabric and Friend of Eeyore! Adam doesn't drink so he always gets that Ultimate Soda Card - well worth it for the virgin drinks, smoothies and milkshakes! I don't drink soda so it's not worth it for me....now if there was a Chardonnay Card ;) We also buy in Ft.L before we get on board a 12 pack of water and diet coke for the room. We just carry it on - they don't mind.... see you both in 3 weeks!

Another option might be to buy the sticker for his card. If you are always with him you could still help him order. Would he let you hold on to his card?

I'm just thinking it would be easier for me to go to the bar and order it for him, that was the reason I was thinking I would put it on my card.

Archived