Samba Grill Review

Thanks, I hate my chicken and pork rare :p

Ours was not a great experience most of the meat was very rare or burnt and the sauce could not save it.Not our cup of tea.It only took 3 hours for them to find our online prepaid reservation and after the meal was over they wanted to charge us again.

Ours was not a great experience most of the meat was very rare or burnt and the sauce could not save it.Not our cup of tea.It only took 3 hours for them to find our online prepaid reservation and after the meal was over they wanted to charge us again.

Thanks, I may print out my reservation schedule and have it just in case that happens to me. I'll be sure to report back here in May.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the great review! I've been looking for info on Samba and I really appreciate your detailed description of your experience. I think that if you are going to review any of the dining venues you should give some details about your experience. Instead of simply saying its horrible don't eat there. Like the saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure! Thanks again for an honest review!

• 2 months later...

Thanks for sharing about Samba. Have not seen many reviews on this place. Thanks for letting me know what to expect and sharing some of your great tips. October will be here in no time.

We reserved this for the Allure in Sept, however, I didn't realize there was so many beef options. I am good with the chicken, lamb chops, pork loin, sausage even the filet mignon. My question is can you skip the meats you don't want? If not, we will cancel.

We reserved this for the Allure in Sept, however, I didn't realize there was so many beef options. I am good with the chicken, lamb chops, pork loin, sausage even the filet mignon. My question is can you skip the meats you don't want? If not, we will cancel.

No, they put it on your plate and stand there making sure you eat it! ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Of course you can skip what you don't want. They come around with the meat on the stick (if the lite on your table is turned to green) If it is something you don't want, just say "no thanks" and wait for the next offering to come around.

The Brazillian restaurant where I live has chicken hearts as an offering. Now I am a pretty adventurous eater ... but I draw the line! When the hearts come around, I just tell them to keep on walking :)

Any veggies offered with that meat?

This is a ""Brazillian Steakhouse" meat is brought on a skewer and carved on to your plate. All the veg will come from the salad/ appetizer bar.

Edited by Oscar_the_Grouch's_Sis

No' date=' they put it on your plate and stand there making sure you eat it![/b'] ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Of course you can skip what you don't want. They come around with the meat on the stick (if the lite on your table is turned to green) If it is something you don't want, just say "no thanks" and wait for the next offering to come around.

The Brazillian restaurant where I live has chicken hearts as an offering. Now I am a pretty adventurous eater ... but I draw the line! When the hearts come around, I just tell them to keep on walking :)

This is a ""Brazillian Steakhouse" meat is brought on a skewer and carved on to your plate. All the veg will come from the salad/ appetizer bar.

I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT!!! How many are there, I can probably take one on one. :D

Coulldn't resist that either. Thanks for the info. I will definitely be passing up a lot of beef. Actually, we are trying to cancel. Can't do it on RCL's awesome website, and nobody's home @ C&A. I probably would have risked it unitl I saw the one about the meats being salty.

I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT!!! How many are there, I can probably take one on one. :D

Coulldn't resist that either. Thanks for the info. I will definitely be passing up a lot of beef. Actually, we are trying to cancel. Can't do it on RCL's awesome website, and nobody's home @ C&A. I probably would have risked it unitl I saw the one about the meats being salty.

The website won't let you cancel?

If you didn't already, do this: You have to select that you want to change the reservation. Then, on the next page, it will give you the option to cancel.

• 10 months later...

My husband and I went to Samba Grill on our first night of our cruise, May 20th, 2012. My husband LOVED it! They start by bringing you cheese bread that literally melts in your mouth. The salad bar has a lot of choices but don't fill up....they bring you a ton of meat! The staff were excellent and a Brazilian dancer came to our table and showed me some dance moves. The dessert was so amazing, we couldn't resist. I think we were still full from supper on Day 2 :) I would recommend this dining option on Allure!

Edited by Garfieldthecat

My husband and I went to Samba Grill on our first night of our cruise, May 20th, 2012. My husband LOVED it! They start by bringing you cheese bread that literally melts in your mouth. The salad bar has a lot of choices but don't fill up....they bring you a ton of meat! The staff were excellent and a Brazilian dancer came to our table and showed me some dance moves. The dessert was so amazing, we couldn't resist. I think we were still full from supper on Day 2 :) I would recommend this dining option on Allure!

Do you tip the dancer?

I agree with the OP, Sambas was a great restaurant. We just got off Allure and had My Time Dining so were offered it for 50% the 1st or 2nd night via a message on our stateroom tv. We were did it the first night and loved it. We ate at 6:00pm and found the atmosphere casual, but very nice for where it was. We had a table for two near a little water pool and we were not hot nor had any sunbathers in our view. They explained the concept to us which was a very simple push button light up system where green means feed me, red means hold on give me a break and white means I surrender no more food. Remember to turn it to white before you get to full for dessert. ;) We grabbed a small salad and munched too much on the cheese rolls too. The french fries they served as an appitizer were we thought the best on the ship and yes we ate at our favorite Johnny Rockets twice during the cruise. We got through all 9 meats (though I skipped the lamb chops) and even were able to get our favorite again before surrendering and having dessert. I thought it was a fun concept and the food was very good. The dancer is beautiful and very nice, I felt sorry for her though as she had to try and get people to stand up and dance with her. We didn't tip her, but we did tip our goucho based on what the meal should have cost had we not gotten it 50% off. Sadly even though the advertised with signage and the dancer the restaurant never showed as full during our sailing. We thought the MDR was aweful and only dined their once, so this place in my opinion would be a good alternative during the cruise to eat at especailly since Giavonni's and Chops always showed full on the stateroom tv (but we got in...theirs a trick to everything.)

Edited by Mmketeer

• 4 years later...

Do you know what ships Samba Grill is on? I know Allure but having trouble figuring out if it is on any others. Thank you!!

Since others have asked, thought I would put together a quick review of our night at the Samba Grill. We had reservations for a party of 6 at 7:00 on Thursday of last week.

Upon arrival, we were invited to help ourselves to the very extensive buffet featuring multiple cold cuts of salamis and sausage meats which were very nice to whet the palate. (As you will notice, I did not mention the salad - no self respecting carnivore would talk about the salad bar in a place like this. My wife did say the salad was very nice, however and they really loved the cream of asparagus soup.) While enjoying the appetizers, they brought out some cheese-bread balls (think cheese in the middle of a piece of dough) that were deliciously sinful. One bottle of wine gone, we finally got around to pushing the button to turn our light green and the heavenly meats began appearing.

I'll try to list them in order, but I think may be off here:

1) Chicken wrapped in bacon - this was much better than I thought it would be. The chicken got a little too much saltiness from the bacon, but was surprisingly tender. I normally am a steak nut, but this was not my least favorite like I thought it would be.

2) Filet mignon - this was very good. Made rare to my taste, it was a wonderful piece of meat that was cooked perfectly and had good flavor. Again, a little salty for me but otherwise it was very nice.

3) Sirloin - Again, a very good piece of meat. I have to admit that at this point between the wine and the dancers, some of the meat started looking and tasting the same, but it was still very good.

4) New York Strip - this was incredible. Again rare for me and it was done to perfection with some nice marbling and a good fatty flavor without being gristly. I had 2 helpings and should have had three.

5) Lamb chops - I'm normally not a huge fan of lamb but this was a very good cut of meat. A lamb fan at our table said it was amongst the best she has had.

6) Top Round - We normally consider this to be a stew beef type steak and were all a little surprised at how tender this beef was. Very little in the way of marbling so it was not my favorite but I was really surprised at how tender they kept it.

7) Skirt steak - Again, not something that is normally a high end steak, the skirt steak surprised me more than the top round. It was very good with great flavor that seemed to permeate the meat a little better than the other steaks. If the Strip hadn't been so good, this would have been my favorite.

8) Pork Loin - I don't love pork, but this was very tasty.

9) Sausage - At this point late in the meal, things were really beginning to slow down. I love sausage and this was good, but it wasn't memorably great.

I had 2nds of filet and strip. I wasted way too much room eating those cheese breads which probably cost me a few more bites of beef, but otherwise I was proud of my meat consumption overall.

Dessert for me was a custard which was not so different from the custards I saw at the Mexican food restaurant. It was good, not great. The rest of the desserts at the table looked good but most were so full they really didn't comment much.

Overall, it was my favorite dining experience (we also did Izumi, tapas at Vintages, Rita's fiesta, Central Park 150) barely nudging out Central Park mostly because of the vast quantities of meat.

I'll try to answer any questions.

We went to Samba last month on Allure. Our reservations were for 8:30 as we attended Mama Mia that evening at 5PM and weren't able to get reservations for 7:30 or 8PM. I have to say I was really disappointed. The salad bar was almost empty of salad and there was no soup.

The gaucho brought us chicken, which I didn't try, sirloin steak and when it came to the filet, he had 2 very small pieces on a skewer. We were never offered lamb, sausage or strip steaks. They have done away with the lamp, so now have something similar to a coaster which has one side being red and the other being green.

We were given a small basket of the cheese rolls and never offered a refill. The dessert area was almost empty too. I am used to going to Texas de Brazil and thought Samba would be comparable, but was a total disappointment.

I don't know if it was because our reservations were late in the evening, or if it was because there were very few in the restaurant that things were not refilled. It was the only restaurant on Allure that I don't feel was worth the extra cost. If it were up to me, I'd not go there again, but in July I am going with my family on Allure and they love Brazilian steakhouses, so we will try it, but earlier.

I am hoping that this time will be better and I am going with an open mind.