$49 cruise out of Tampa

atom ant

I was told that there are cruises out of Tampa where you go down to the port around 6:00am on the day of the cruise and stand in line. If there are cabins available they are sold for $49 on a first come first serve basis. Anyone heard of this?

No cruiselines allow you to show up at the pier and book of the major lines.

If you are finding a $49 rate, it could be a day rate on a gambling ship or such. .. still sounds too cheap as even the old Big Red Boat used to be $99.

I was told that there are cruises out of Tampa where you go down to the port around 6:00am on the day of the cruise and stand in line. If there are cabins available they are sold for $49 on a first come first serve basis. Anyone heard of this?

I have this piece of oceanfront property in Kansas (just off the coast of Nebraska) that might interest you.

For $49.00, I can get three weeks' worth of dog and cat food! These critters are worth far more to me than an idiot call from a bogus company advertising a $49.00 non-existent "cruise"!! Seriously - what details were you told about this $49.00 cruise?

Apparently not. A google search should bring it up if it exists.

It's true, it's true...the ship is called THE BIG RED ROW BOAT! :eek:

And I think with the security requirements now in place, one can not book a cruise within 72 hrs of departure, regardless of the price.

That's incorrect. Changes to the passenger manifest can be made until 60 minutes prior to sailing. Many cruise lines will take bookings on their web site up to 24 hours prior to sailing. At least one cruise line, Carnival, will sell an open cabin to you as late as the morning of your cruise...Cruise Critic posters have reported doing it.

I tried to book a cruise last week out of Miami "spontaneously" to surprise my family, the day before it sailed. I wasn't permitted to because, since 9/11, the cruise lines are required to submit passenger lists for security checks several days before departure. I tried three different lines and got the same answer from all three.

"Last Minute Deals" now means a full week before said date.

I tried to book a cruise last week out of Miami "spontaneously" to surprise my family, the day before it sailed. I wasn't permitted to because, since 9/11, the cruise lines are required to submit passenger lists for security checks several days before departure. I tried three different lines and got the same answer from all three.

"Last Minute Deals" now means a full week before said date.

Again as the previous poster said, incorrect. I know I have booked the morning of a cruise.

The last manifest goes in 60 minutes before the cruise... dont know why people believe this kind of stuff. You must have asked the question wrong or whatever ... because it was only last summer I booked the morning of a cruise for leaving that day.

The one I booked the morning of the cruise was Carnival.

RCL told me I could book as late as saturday afternoon for a sunday cruise... so you got wrong info ... I can tell you that your info is 100% incorrect.

Archived