How hard is it to add later?

Vanderboom

I would like to book another cruise in Nov. I would like for my kiddos to cruise but I have to get passports and letter from ex prior to booking for them. It would also be more affordable to pay for 2 deposits now and 2 in a month or two. Can I just add them on later and upgrade room for 4 persons with early saver? If so, which rate would I get if price goes up prior to booking them?

Thanks in advance!

Just had a similar situation, my sister was on the fence for the family Thanksgiving cruise.

We booked the three cabins without her. When she made the decision to join my parents had to switch cabins to one that could accomodate 3 people.

The rate for passengers 1 and 2 doesn't change but you pay the current rate for passengers 3 and 4.

There is a limited number of cabins that will hold that many people so you have to understand that the possibility exists that your cabin class could be sold out, thus requiring you to upgrade yourselves.

Short answer, yes you can, just be prepared to be flexible.

Its not all that easy to be honest. I would never do it myself. For one thing there are several threads going where people wanted to upgrade, albeit to pack n go rates, and were disallowed.

You can move sideways, but if I couldnt book a quad with two people, Id wait or not book ES, one or the other.

Depending on time of year and demand, you may or may not be allowed to book two into a quad.

Just had a similar situation, my sister was on the fence for the family Thanksgiving cruise.

We booked the three cabins without her. When she made the decision to join my parents had to switch cabins to one that could accomodate 3 people.

The rate for passengers 1 and 2 doesn't change but you pay the current rate for passengers 3 and 4.

There is a limited number of cabins that will hold that many people so you have to understand that the possibility exists that your cabin class could be sold out, thus requiring you to upgrade yourselves.

Short answer, yes you can, just be prepared to be flexible.

This is only true if the cabin you switch to is the same price. Otherwise when you upgrade, you are going to pay the going rate for pax 1 and 2. If you move sideways (same category) no extra, even if the rate increased.

I would book the quad now if you can, and worse comes to worse you dont use the bunk beds and never book the kids.

Even if you manage to snag a quad cabin without the kids, you might not be able to add them later. Ships are divided into sectors, each assigned a muster station and specific lifeboats. There are a finite number of spaces in those lifeboats. If there are many cabins with three and four booked in the area of your cabin,the lifeboats may be full and you can't add without changing cabins, and the same grade of cabin might not be available elsewhere without upgrading, costing more. EM

I booked a triple room for myself and one daughter while the other was deciding if she could go. When she decided (a couple of months later) we just paid her deposit and added her on. We are booked ES, and had no problems. Not sure if it is always that easy or if we just got lucky.

According to my pvp you can't book a Triple or Quad if you don't have that many passengers.

Your PVP is incorrect. I have cruised solo numerous times and have had triple and quad rooms more often than not.

OP:

It is very esy to do what you want. Book a quad room now and when you add teh kids it is no big deal. Keep in mind IF you wait too long the ship may be full, but if you add them before final payment it is rare that you will have any issues.

CCL called and moved us to a quad when there were three of us because they wanted the other room, I asked could we be bumped from the quad, they said no, that while the ship would be "full", it would not be at maximum capacity. so you never know!

Beverly

Archived