A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

After taking several shots of the same things over and over, I hooked the camera up to my laptop. I waited for the little light to turn blue on the camera, meaning I could do the simple upload. It never happened. My camera just kept saying it was busy. I don’t use the laptop much for photos, but I have given it a try at home to be sure it could do it. It wasn’t happening this time around. So I went to my computer and found the pictures on the camera. I tried to get them copied that way and again, I couldn’t get it figured out. The laptop is Vista, and it’s so much different than XP. I think since I have come home now, that I got the settings turned to the right thing to copy the pictures, but I will have to check it out again to be sure they stuck! LOL!

Anyways, I messed with this stupid laptop for WAY TOO LONG. I just couldn’t get it to work. I was supposed to be showering and getting ready this whole time, but NO, I was frustrated and trying to conquer the “Vista”.

Before I knew it, Mom and Claire were hopping back into the room. Wow, where did the time go…Oh yeah,…. it went with a lot of cussing at the laptop.

They said they had a ball doing the mission and I think they even started the 2nd one. Mom said she was very tired. There was a lot of walking to the front and back of the ship and up and down as well. She said she was very sore….but Claire was still hopping all around with excitement. The plan was to finish it up later on.

I jumped in the shower finally and got ready. All nice and pretty. We got Claire cleaned up as well.

This was pirate night, so Claire and I were going to join in the fun with all the other Buccaneers. So we had our pirate geer on. Mom declined the use of my extra pirate hat, but she did wear the bandana left in the room. I think she tied it around her neck.

It was time to head out to the show again.

whackypirateclaire.jpg

We walked THROUGH pink this time, kind of by accident. I had wanted to come here one night and try out the special champagne, but I just never had the time. I also wanted to take more pictures of it, but again, I never did. I think this is the only one I took inside the whole time.

pinkchampagne.jpg

And I guess I took a quick shot inside of D Lounge too.

dloungelitup.jpg

Claire wanted to sit in the balcony again, so we headed that way. We found a perfect spot, dead center in the balcony, but as we were going to sit, two young teens, quickly let us know they were saving 20 plus seats for their family. This irked me. There is no seat saving allowed at the shows, but rather than cause a scene, I just glared at them and turned around and told my Mom, “They are saving the seats…even though Disney doesn’t allow it”. So I’m sure they heard it, and hopefully thought better next time. We find a spot very close to where we had sat the night before and waited. That family, by the way, came in at the VERY last minute.

The show for the night was Villains Tonight. This was my least favorite show. It was OK, but in the future, I would personally skip it. This was Claire’s FAVORITE show however. …..Which is funny, because I debated going to it since she has such a fear of villains lately. The guy who played Hades was funny and good and I know he was ad libbing at times. I didn’t care for a lot of the music, nor did I really think the story line was very good. Great costumes again though!

villainstonight.jpg

I believe this is Pain and Panic, and I believe they are from Hercules….which we have never seen. Ok, I think years ago I might’ve watched part of it, and I think we have it on VHS somewhere, but I don’t know much about the story all.

Claire thought they were funny…I thought they were kind of dumb.

painandpanic.jpg

malificnent.jpg

And then my card ran out of memory, so I fumbled in the dark to change it…but while doing that, the lights went on and an announcement came on. There was a technical error and the show would resume shortly. Hades then adlibbed a bit and he was so funny. He then went off the stage and Pain and Panic came back out and interacted with the audience for a few minutes till the show restarted.

Absolutely loving this review!! I'm sailing Disney for the first time next summer & reading your review makes me more excited & confident in my decision! :) Can't wait to read the rest!

Thanks so much for reading along. It was a fabulous trip.

I come here everyday hoping for an update. I love reading about your Disney trip and I share the posts with my daughters who now want to post a day by day update of their trip when we go next year. LOL Thanks so much for sharing.:)

I come here everyday hoping for an update. I love reading about your Disney trip and I share the posts with my daughters who now want to post a day by day update of their trip when we go next year. LOL Thanks so much for sharing.:)

I've been working on one. I should have it up tomorrow, unless I get busy at it tonight again.

I hope you do a report. I love reading them. They tell me so much about how things run and it's sop neat to see how others do things compared to how I do it. OR it gives me ideas to do next time.

villainsfinale2.jpg

pookie.jpg

yayyay.jpg

The show ended and we made our way out. Claire and I were on our way to the pirate party next. Mom decided to skip out on it. I can’t remember why or what she did. I think she just went back to the room, but she could’ve gone shopping.

As we approached the area, we saw lots of servers with drinks. I decided to ask what it was. It was a Yellow Bird. They were in cute lighted glasses and I decided to go for it and get one. It was very good too. I think it was kind of an orange/pineapple tasting.

drinktray.jpg

drinks.jpg

They also had some non alcoholic drinks on there as well. That was called a Parrot Song, and I didn’t ask what was in that, so I don’t know what they were.

We decided to head up to deck 12 so we could watch the party from above against the railing.

While we waited for the show to start I took pictures.

piratesinthecarribeanparty.jpg

piratewench.jpg

skullteeeth.jpg

We had just started to sail out of Nassau. And of course I got one last shot of this! LOL

lighthousesailaway.jpg

I can honestly say that was the worst shot of the lighthouse!!

Hey! There’s that Aqua Duck sign again.

nightaquasign.jpg

On to the show!!! The Buccaneer Blast!

Claire and I enjoyed the show a lot. I kind of hand to prop her on my hip bone so she could see better over the railing, and keep my hands free for pictures.

I really think Claire thought that Captain Hook was trying to take over the ship. She talked about it for days…and how we knew how to do all the pirate “stuff”.

pirateshow.jpg

buccaneerblast.jpg

buccaneerblast1.jpg

piratedonald.jpg

pirateDaisy.jpg

Captain Hook was trying to steal the ship away from us! And I think Claire really believed that was true! But Mickey and Gang had taught us the ways and Lingo of Pirates, so we were able to keep the ship! YAY!!!

hookandmickey.jpg

badolhook.jpg

smeeeeee.jpg

smeeandmickey.jpg

hook.jpg

I forgot to add this before, but I had to add it now. Another mishap, that could've been bad!

After the Villains show, As I was walking out, Mom said someone must’ve lost a game and held up a card. I looked and OMG!!! It was my CF card from my camera. I had dropped it out of my bag. I almost lost all the pictures I had taken on my SLR for the first few days. Thank goodness she found it!

I have a little excitement to share with you.

I am going back to Disney in Aug. I am a new travel agent and became aware of a Agent education program onsite at Disney earlier this week, for 5 day in Aug. I filled out the paperwork and was apporved. I will be flying in Aug. 14 (a day early) and staying at AS Movies for the night. The next day I will move to the Yacht Club to attend the program for 4 nights!!! I am so excited. I have never stayed at a Deluxe before, and I am just jumping out of my skin. We will be touring many resorts, a trip over to tour the Dream, and some other fun activities, along with some classes.

In 78 days I will be back at the happiest place on Earth, and in 80 days I will be setting foot on the Dream once again...even if it is only for a few hours.

I have a little excitement to share with you.

I am going back to Disney in Aug. I am a new travel agent and became aware of a Agent education program onsite at Disney earlier this week, for 5 day in Aug. I filled out the paperwork and was apporved. I will be flying in Aug. 14 (a day early) and staying at AS Movies for the night. The next day I will move to the Yacht Club to attend the program for 4 nights!!! I am so excited. I have never stayed at a Deluxe before, and I am just jumping out of my skin. We will be touring many resorts, a trip over to tour the Dream, and some other fun activities, along with some classes.

In 78 days I will be back at the happiest place on Earth, and in 80 days I will be setting foot on the Dream once again...even if it is only for a few hours.

Sweeet. Are you going to give the tour? I think that you're qualified. Don't forget to point out the Aquaduck sign! :D

Sweeet. Are you going to give the tour? I think that you're qualified. Don't forget to point out the Aquaduck sign! :D

Too bad it's not going to sail to Nassau. I could point out the lighthouse too!!!

Archived