shuttle in Barcelona to cruise port

btorlv

There are two cruise ship terminals in Barcelona. One is located just a couple of minute walk from the monument. The other one is located across the bridge about a 10 to15 minute car ride. I am not award of a 2 euro shuttle but maybe someone else is.

Keith

Most ships dock at the long pier over the bridge and there is a bus that runs round trips from the monument. I believe it is 2 euros. Not sure when it starts but would suspect it would be pretty early.

Kirk

One nice thing about Barcelona is that the the pier (used by most of the cruise ships) is relatively close to town and the Ramblas. On many ocassions we have simply walked (we needed the exercise after long cruises) from the Ramblas, over the bridge and back to the ship. This walk takes about 30 min and there are good sidewalks on either side of the bridge. Some cruise lines run shuttle buses back and forth all day from the parking area near the Columbus Statute...but they usually overcharge for this shuttle (we have seen as high as $10 round trip). There is also a local bus that runs from downtown to the port (it stops right in front of the terminal buildings) that is cheaper then the cruise line shuttles. And finally, as has been posted, a taxi ride is pretty reasonable and if you have 4it can be cheaper then the cruise line shuttles.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...
One nice thing about Barcelona is that the the pier (used by most of the cruise ships) is relatively close to town and the Ramblas. On many ocassions we have simply walked (we needed the exercise after long cruises) from the Ramblas, over the bridge and back to the ship. This walk takes about 30 min and there are good sidewalks on either side of the bridge. Some cruise lines run shuttle buses back and forth all day from the parking area near the Columbus Statute...but they usually overcharge for this shuttle (we have seen as high as $10 round trip). There is also a local bus that runs from downtown to the port (it stops right in front of the terminal buildings) that is cheaper then the cruise line shuttles. And finally, as has been posted, a taxi ride is pretty reasonable and if you have 4it can be cheaper then the cruise line shuttles.

Hank

I wish there could be a site dedicated to this port of Barcelona. So much conflicting info. I find the tourist site maps very confusing. The taxi rates are confusing too. I am staying precruise one night at the Fira Palace near the Magic Fountains in Montjuic. I think we are going to take the Aerobus. I'm concerned about taking luggage and pickpockets. It's supposed to be a 10 minute walk. The airport shuttles I have found are 19 euros p/p, the taxi are like 30 euros both are expensive to me.........And to get to the cruise terminal from the hotel looks like a couple of miles. Do taxis drop off directly in front of the cruise line terminal or do you still have to take a shuttle at the pier entrance??? Mic

Archived