group discounts

I am looking at booking a bunch of rooms for a family reunion trip and am wondering what kind of group discounts RCCL offers. I know with some other lines, if you book 8 rooms, you get one free. We would need between 8-10 rooms. Any thoughts??

The free berth is the most common cabin booked, and you dont even get the entire fare for one pax. Take one fare, usually inside, and then subtract the noncommionable fare (port charges) from it and thats all you get.

... based of course on double occupancy.

I have seen some great deals for groups on RCL ... much better than say Carnival who charges such higher rates for groups, you can book cheaper on your own. I would definetely call, but set your expectations a little more realistically.

The free berth is the most common cabin booked, and you dont even get the entire fare for one pax. Take one fare, usually inside, and then subtract the noncommionable fare (port charges) from it and thats all you get.

... based of course on double occupancy.

I have seen some great deals for groups on RCL ... much better than say Carnival who charges such higher rates for groups, you can book cheaper on your own. I would definetely call, but set your expectations a little more realistically.

So, they generally lower the rate for groups compared to the rate offered the general public?

So, they generally lower the rate for groups compared to the rate offered the general public?

Nope you pay the going rate. All you will get is the free berth mentioned per 8 cabins double occupancy. For some saioings they offer some sort of points which can be exchanged into amenities, but this is not always the case. As it was said the free berth will still pay taxes and fees.

I have been on two group cruises in the past two years. Our group leader gets the discount, which is usually one free cabin. He takes the price of that cabin and splits the amount between the rest of the cabins. So if we have 8 cabins and our free cabin is worth $1000; he splits $1000 between the 8 cabins. this past Jan we had 8 cabins, and our group leader paid for everybodys dinner at chops, plus drinks, and paid for something else. We had 20 in our group. Drinks can add up fast.

Your Group rate " may" be lower than the current FIT (Individual rate).

You may receive Amenity points to use for OBC, etc.. (Points depends on the expected popularity of the ship/sailing).

You (Group Leader ) will receive 1 guest cruise fare (minus tax & fees) for every 8 dbl occ. cabins that sail , after the cruise returns .

Initial intrest in a cruise group will usually have some fallout when it comes time to collect final payment .

It's a lot of work on your part communicating , answering ?'s , collecting $$.

Good to find a TA that has group experience to do all the research ,leg work , and especially the collecting of the $$$ . A good TA will cost you nothing and may even throw in there own OBC ?

Archived