Does your trip to London inspire you to watch the royal wedding?

A few months ago, before I knew we'd be visiting London, I didn't think I'd care too much about the wedding. However, since I've been learning more about the city in making our travel arrangements, I'm a lot more eager to watch it....and even get up in the middle of the night (it helps that I'm a night owl).

Is anyone else kind of excited about the royal wedding because you have either been to London or will be traveling there this year?

:):D:):D

A few months ago, before I knew we'd be visiting London, I didn't think I'd care too much about the wedding. However, since I've been learning more about the city in making our travel arrangements, I'm a lot more eager to watch it....and even get up in the middle of the night (it helps that I'm a night owl). Is anyone else kind of excited about the royal wedding because you have either been to London or will be traveling there this year?

YES! Love seeing all of the various scenes of London during this coverage of the Royal wedding. Brings back nice memories from this great and interesting city. Below are some of my favorite pictures that I have taken there during many past trips.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 38,900 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

London’s Trafalgar Square is a wonderful, central gathering place for people. The Westminster, “Big Ben” Tower is shown in the background. At the center of London, this famed Square has Nelson’s Column with the four lions and has the National Gallery overlooking it:

LondonTrSqTower.jpg

Buckingham Palace has the “Changing of the Guard” happening here at 11:30 am in a ceremony that finishes at noon.:

LondonGrdChange.jpg

London’s Eye is a unique symbol along the river that allow great views around the town of its landmarks:

LondEyeRiver.jpg

This Queen’s Reception room at Windsor Castle has spectacular ceilings and architectural detailing, plus nice furniture and paintings. Just like home in the State Apartments!! :

WindsorQueenChamber.jpg

Shot from the London “Eye”, here is the view for the historic church where the wedding will be held next to the famed clock tower and home of Parliament. The second picture is of where the dinners and parties will be held after the wedding.

LondonWestAbyClockTower.jpg

LondonBuckhamPalfromEye.jpg

I found myself last night at Chili's restaurant in the waiting area watching the plasma TV while the news anchors were in London prepping for the wedding. I normally wouldn't have stared so hard, except that I was poking my husband's arm saying, "Look.....look!.....London!......yay!" It looked extra, extra gorgeous today for the nuptuals. :)

I didn't think I'd be. I was threatening not to watch it, but in the end was persuaded by my companion that I should, and in the end really enjoyed it. It was a great day.

What started off as an invite to watch TV with a friend grew into a group of women, all dressed in red, white and blue, and rather a lot of champagne....

Don't know where the men went, but I noticed they turned up for a meal.....

Jo.

I stayed up most of the night...there's nothing like seeing it live. I've heard people complain about all the hoopla but there's no place on the planet where you can see this type of pageantry on such a large scale (that I can think of) and not that often in a lifetime. The Brits sure know how to put on a good show. The historic landmarks, the horses and the outfits were fun to see...never saw so many hats in my life!

Terry - your photos are always of such good quality, thanks for posting. Our hotel is not too far from the London Eye.

:)

I was in London in 2007 and was able to see part of the coverage of the wedding. I am trying to remember the name of the public area where people go to "speak" and others stand around watching. It's like getting their 15 minutes of fame. My friend who lived in London was my personal guide and she took me on the open-top bus, the boat ride down the Thames and also went on the London Eye. If anyone is going to be in London, you can get some great pictures from the London Eye. I have a few worth enlarging and framing, but haven't done so yet.

So, does anyone know the name of the public park area I mentioned above?

Thanks. I knew someone would be able to answer my question. I really enjoyed my trip to London and also a side trip on the Eurostar to Paris. Unfortunately, my friend died in Feb. 2010.

I hope to get back again in the next few years. My paternal grandmother was born in Lancashire and I was hoping to visit there as well.

Thanks again for the response.

Thanks. I knew someone would be able to answer my question. I really enjoyed my trip to London and also a side trip on the Eurostar to Paris. Unfortunately, my friend died in Feb. 2010.

I hope to get back again in the next few years. My paternal grandmother was born in Lancashire and I was hoping to visit there as well.

Thanks again for the response.

Sorry to hear about your friend, hope you get back over here though to visit Lancashire, which is an absolutely beautiful county and probably the friendliest in the UK. The last two comments may be biased, has I'm originally from Lanacashire.

I was just in London April 3-6, and the preparations for the wedding were in full swing. It added to the excitement of being there. We toured the Abbey and saw the changing of the guard at Buckingham palace, walked by St. James Palace and Clarence house - and then there it was on tv with the wedding just three weeks later.

Archived