Monarch - Anyone off her today?

You're joking, right ?

well it makes sense in an off hand way...if a first time cruiser were onboard they would probably have no idea what was new & improved...but then they probably wouldn't be responding to threads here on CC either...;)

I booked my July cruise a few days ago, and the RCCL agent told me I would be happy to know that the Monarch just received brand new bedding, flat screen tvs and an updated fitness center. Of course I don't know if that's everything they've done, just relaying what she said. :)

We are just off of the 5/16/2011 post-dry dock sailing of the Monarch. Although we did not visit the fitness center, our cabin on deck 9 had a flatscreen television.

We saw new carpeting in most of the public areas, new elevator flooring and the pool and sports decks had new astroturf. We heard that the pools, air conditioning and plumbing systems were renovated. One of the the main engines were overhauled as well.

We are just off of the 5/16/2011 post-dry dock sailing of the Monarch. Although we did not visit the fitness center, our cabin on deck 9 had a flatscreen television.

We saw new carpeting in most of the public areas, new elevator flooring and the pool and sports decks had new astroturf. We heard that the pools, air conditioning and plumbing systems were renovated. One of the the main engines were overhauled as well.

Thanks for reporting back. Regarding the pool deck, did you really see something that looked like astroturf? I'd been told it was going to be more like what's on Voyager and Majesty, kind of like a teak surface.

Thank you Snackdaddy-one quick question if I may:

We're on Deck 9 as well. There was a rumor on the boards a while back that RC was going to finally install safes in the cabins. Have they started that yet or is it just still a rumor?

We're on Deck 9 as well. There was a rumor on the boards a while back that RC was going to finally install safes in the cabins. Have they started that yet or is it just still a rumor?

We were on Monarch this past March and my in-laws had a SOV cabin on Deck 9 -- they did have a safe in their cabin.

Thank you F27TW............my partner and I were trying to figure out what to/what not to bring.

When we were on the Monarch years ago out of LA, not a safe in the cabin for any category.

Safes have been on decks 9 and 10 on Monarch for a while. I've been told some deck 8 cabins have them too, but not sure about that.

I was on the Monarch late Jan in a SOV Deck 9, had a flat screen then & safe.

I was on the Monarch in December and they had a safe in my 7th deck OV room.

Thanks for reporting back. Regarding the pool deck, did you really see something that looked like astroturf? I'd been told it was going to be more like what's on Voyager and Majesty, kind of like a teak surface.

Hi clarea,

The 2 to 3 foot or so pool deck was a teak-like wooden surface. The seating areas were all astroturf.

Hi sdouglas,

There was a safe, with an electronic keypad, in our closet.

I will be on Monarch in a month. Even though I'm a newbie, I've been following the threads for the past six months. Give me a list of what you want pictures of and I'll get them.

I'm going to be one of the Riff-Raff in cabin 2125 (both the GF and I will be testing our sea legs to see if we can handle longer cruises). In the entire time I've been on CC, I have not seen any good pictures of a interior cabin - that is one section I want to get a lot of pictures of. I have heard of the replacement to the pool deck - even though I don't know what it used to look like, I will grab some pics.

Here is the running list:

Interior cabin on deck 2

Pool Deck

What else do you want pictures of?

Hi clarea,

The 2 to 3 foot or so pool deck was a teak-like wooden surface. The seating areas were all astroturf.

Thanks for the update. I'm not 100% sure, but what you describe sounds like the way it was before the drydock.

Bob

I will be on Monarch in a month. Even though I'm a newbie, I've been following the threads for the past six months. Give me a list of what you want pictures of and I'll get them.

I'm going to be one of the Riff-Raff in cabin 2125 (both the GF and I will be testing our sea legs to see if we can handle longer cruises). In the entire time I've been on CC, I have not seen any good pictures of a interior cabin (This is because interior cabins are so small that there's not enough room for cameras ... just kidding:)) - that is one section I want to get a lot of pictures of. I have heard of the replacement to the pool deck - even though I don't know what it used to look like, I will grab some pics.

Here is the running list:

Interior cabin on deck 2

Pool Deck

What else do you want pictures of?

Jade area, forward of Sorrento's on deck 12.

Archived