Offer for princess captain's circle members

Orator

Just received an e-mail from X offering a one time opportunity for Princess Captain's Circle Members to enjoy the "Elite" Experience. My guess is that this is response to the new smoking policy announced by Princess. There are several threads going on this subject. This is part of what it says"

Cruise like a Celebrity! For a limited time ony, Celebrity Cruises is extending an exclusive offer to all Princess Captain's Circle members to experience of the benefits of Celebrity's Captain's Club Elite membership status. Don't miss this exceptional opportunity.

You need to book a 2011 cruise in Concierge or Higher.

What are the Elite benefits?

What are the Elite benefits that are different than concierge or higher benefits?

Just wondering if it is worth paying around $300 extra to rebook a cruise I have a deposit on for the concierge class.

What are the Elite benefits?

What are the Elite benefits that are different than concierge or higher benefits?

Just wondering if it is worth paying around $300 extra to rebook a cruise I have a deposit on for the concierge class.

To me the main Elite benefit is the free drinks between 5-7 each day except the first and Captain's Club day. You also receive coupons for some free laundry (30 pieces), a Internet Package, the use of the Persian Gardens on one port day, etc.. You also have a special Elite breakfast each day. There are other benefits as well.

Miched -- the Elite benefits are a perk for those who have ten cruise "points" or more -- either ten cruises, or fewer cruises but bookings in suites or CC or longer cruises. There is a point system. Elite benefits include 90 minutes of free internet, a two-hour cocktail party, a private breakfast room, some free laundry, and some free pressing and dry cleaning, and some other things. Booking in Concierge Class does not get these benefits, as they are a consequence of your cruising history not what kind of room you book.

I would be seriously questioning their business practice and where they got my private information

I receive many more offers from Princess. One, I believe,was because I cruised Celebrity. So I guess thay have the same business practice. Come to think of it I also get unsolicited offers from Crystal, Regent, Oceania, NCL and Costa among others. My guess is that travel agents and or cruise lines share information. Don't know for certain, only a guess. I am a frequent cruiser on a number of lines.

I receive many more offers from Princess. One, I believe,was because I cruised Celebrity. So I guess thay have the same business practice. Come to think of it I also get unsolicited offers from Crystal, Regent, Oceania, NCL and Costa among others. My guess is that travel agents and or cruise lines share information. Don't know for certain, only a guess. I am a frequent cruiser on a number of lines.

I'm on many mail lists too. But I never get anything stating a status with another company. I have to wonder where they got the list unless somewhere on your celebrity profile it says you've cruised Princess

Companies (AmEx for example) sell very specific lists to companies that they can send offers to. For example, X can ask for a list of clients that have booked a specific amount of cruises NOT on X within a specified amount of time. They purchase this list and solicit these customers.

There are several business entities that sell mailing lists. It has nothing to do with shady business practices of Celebrity. If you ever purchase anything, all it takes is for one single company to sell their customer list for you to receive mail from companies you never dealt with.

In the past Celebrity has offered Elite status on occasion to non elites but usually to those already booked. I remember there were some heated threads on this as many thought they should not be giving away something that took some time to earn. This is as mentioned earlier probably just a response to the new policies on Princess.

As Orator mentioned the best benefits for Elite are the free drinks in the evening and breakfast. I also used the laundry and the internet minutes benefit.

There are several business entities that sell mailing lists. It has nothing to do with shady business practices of Celebrity. If you ever purchase anything, all it takes is for one single company to sell their customer list for you to receive mail from companies you never dealt with.

^^^^^ This

I would be seriously questioning their business practice and where they got my private information

We've cruised w/Princess only 1 time, and we stil ample amounts of mail, emails, etc. from them. It's not very difficult to obtain literature from one company to another.

After some digging I discovered that the e-mail was generated from a travel agent that I used in the past to book a number of Princess cruises. They must have seen something from Celebrity and placed my name on a list. I really don't mind receiving offers, perhaps I'll get one that's just too good to resist.

After some digging I discovered that the e-mail was generated from a travel agent that I used in the past to book a number of Princess cruises. They must have seen something from Celebrity and placed my name on a list. I really don't mind receiving offers, perhaps I'll get one that's just too good to resist.

Now that makes more sense than it coming directly from Celebrity

Maybe you feel like it's a slap in the face, Cruise Junky, but it does happen all the time -- a free one-day pass to an airline's frequent flyer club room, for instance, arrived in my mailbox as an enticement for me to fly that airline more (and possibly join their frequent flyer club). Once in a while, first time cruisers are invited to sit at the Officer's Table -- most probably the cruise line knows that they are frequent cruisers on other lines and are hoping to entice them to switch loyalties. It's somewhat much the fabulously discounted cell phone plans that are only available to new customers, not to those who have stayed with one company for years. It's a well-known marketing scheme.

Maybe you feel like it's a slap in the face, Cruise Junky, but it does happen all the time....

Wasn't there a thread here a while back about some guy who booked a first time Celebrity cruise and got offered one-time Elite Status benefits?

Maybe you feel like it's a slap in the face, Cruise Junky, but it does happen all the time -- a free one-day pass to an airline's frequent flyer club room, for instance, arrived in my mailbox as an enticement for me to fly that airline more (and possibly join their frequent flyer club). Once in a while, first time cruisers are invited to sit at the Officer's Table -- most probably the cruise line knows that they are frequent cruisers on other lines and are hoping to entice them to switch loyalties. It's somewhat much the fabulously discounted cell phone plans that are only available to new customers, not to those who have stayed with one company for years. It's a well-known marketing scheme.

If it's a TA thing where they are targeting people, it's one thing. For Celebrity to send a blanket e:mail to all Princess past passengers is another. And it looks like it turned out not to be the latter.

I just spoke with Celebrity Captains' Club, and was told this is NOT a valid promotion.

Curiouser and curiouser -- wonder what would happen if someone took up the TA's offer, got on board expecting to attend the Elite breakfast, and cocktail hour, and get the Elite coupons and being turned away.

I'm thinking that the TA probably intended to match some (or all) of the Elite coupon offers, i.e., 90 minutes free internet, a bag of free laundry, and call that "Elite" level cruising, but that's just a guess. It would be very interesting to see what the Travel Agent would say if you actually started to book a cruise.

Archived