Time to return to ship when in port?

colbe

As all have stated at minimum of 30 minutes!!

BUT... And this is an IMPORTANT BUT.....

Sometimes the times for the ship itinerary change at nearly the last minute!! As an example; Your itinerary AND Daily Explorer say the ship is due to leave Port at 5:00 pm, BUT the Harbor Master wants the ship gone, for whatever reason, by 4:30 pm, so the ship has to have all the passengers back on board by 4:00 pm instead of the 4:30 pm All Aboard time originally planned.

The best thing to do is something that many others on the boards have suggested,

A. Make sure to check the All Aboard Sign at the exit of the ship

B. Ask an Officer as you are leaving the ship to make sure of the All Aboard time

C. As Krazy Kruisers has suggested in anothe thread on the same question: TAKE A PHOTO of the All Aboard time so that IF you forget, you can see the time.

Best bet is to be aboard at least 1 hour prior though so you can get a good spot to watch the dock and see people running to make the ship before it leaves them:)

Joanie

You won't be left behind if you are at the tender dock by the required time.

igraf

All the above works fine as long as you are docked in a port. If you have to use a tender in a port give yourself at least an hour and perhaps more to be certain you make the tender.

Remember, the ship waits for no one. We are always back aboard several hours before departure.

If you are on a HAL tour, you don't have to worry, the ship will not depart until you return.

You won't be left behind if you are at the tender dock by the required time.
Very true. There is no need to rush or cut short your port time. Some have said they like to get back on board the ship an hour early and that is their choice, but it certainly is not necessary.

If there are already a lot of people in line waiting for that last tender (which is often the case) you have nothing to worry about as long as you are at the tender dock by the posted time. Occasionally some newbies will start to panic if the tender fills up and they cannot get on, but rest assured that you will not be left behind.

When the tender leaving at "last tender" time is full, they will send another or keep sending the same one back and forth again as many times as needed to pick up everyone who is waiting.

As igraf says, your only responsibility is to make sure that you are at the tender dock by the required time.

I plan on being back an hour before sailing and know that I have some leeway if traffic is bad or something else delays me... one more shop, drink, etc. I don't like unavoidable stress and running behind so that works for me. I've known people that are almost always the last ones on board and that is fine with them... not for me.

On the daily program will be a phone number for the ship's agent in port. Take that with you and if you think you might be running late, call them and let them know of your predicament. If they can hold the ship for you, they will.

This is also the number to call if you run into problems in port.

Archived