Any hope/hints for sold out cruise

My husband and I just booked a cruise out of Boston to Bermuda. We were hoping to book another one following to maximize our airfare.

We are on an 10/21st cruise and had hoped to book the Jewel of the Sea 14 day cruise on the 29th of October, taking us back to Florida.

I called RCL and they said I could go and waitlist, however I have to choose what category I wanted, which sounds crazy. I was hoping that by putting down my $900 deposit I could say inside cabin or whatever I wanted. No, they said I have to say category K and if a cabin becomes available on K I'm on, but not if one opens up in L. So, they said just keep calling and checking the website. Any other suggestions?

Has anyone every gotten on a sold out cruise and is this just wishful thinking on my part. We just booked the one way air today and will hold off on the other one coming home. Final payment is due on the 27th of August.

Thanks for help/suggestions. Cindy

That Jewel repo cruise seems to always sell out...there are people who book it every year...

I would check every day or two...you just never know when something will open up...

also you could cruise around the internet and see if any of the gazillion TAs out there happen to have a group block booked that you can get into.....

Why in the world would you need to pick a category? I don't understand that. Hope someone has the answer.

Nancy

I know, that was my reaction. I thought a deposit down would say I am serious about this. Then when a cabin opens up in any category they call and see if the price is what we want to pay, as there are no prices that they can quote you. I even called twice, thinking a different rep. But no, I have to say what category and then I get the room.

I even went into a sight where they bid for you, hoping that a TA holding group space might come forward and quote a price.

Every time I've tried to "waitlist" a cabin, they've made me pick a specific cabin number...not just a catagory!!!! So, if they're allowing you to waitlist an entire catagory, then you've got an advantage!

Why in the world would you need to pick a category? I don't understand that. Hope someone has the answer.

Nancy

Probably because that´s how RCI´s system is set up.

To the OP:

I would watch closely around final payment day, as there´s always some cancellations.

However the Jewel repos (TA´s, as well as the Boston to South) are known to be extremely popular, so I wouldn´t get my hope too far up. Also expect some steep price tag.

My husband and I just booked a cruise out of Boston to Bermuda. We were hoping to book another one following to maximize our airfare.

We are on an 10/21st cruise and had hoped to book the Jewel of the Sea 14 day cruise on the 29th of October, taking us back to Florida.

I called RCL and they said I could go and waitlist, however I have to choose what category I wanted, which sounds crazy. I was hoping that by putting down my $900 deposit I could say inside cabin or whatever I wanted. No, they said I have to say category K and if a cabin becomes available on K I'm on, but not if one opens up in L. So, they said just keep calling and checking the website. Any other suggestions?

Has anyone every gotten on a sold out cruise and is this just wishful thinking on my part. We just booked the one way air today and will hold off on the other one coming home. Final payment is due on the 27th of August.

just keep watching a couple times a day. When final payment time comes there will be cancellations

This year's TA on the Jewel was sold out long before sail date too. I noticed that once past payment day, a lot of cabins opened up. I would check daily and even more when closer to final payment date. I'm pretty sure some cabins will open up. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll manage to snatch one :D

Cindy

Great news just went on the RCCL page, every category including inside "q" are available . This price is $100 dollars a day per person. which early booking may have enjoyed a better price this is a good price for a popular cruise.

Great news just went on the RCCL page, every category including inside "q" are available . This price is $100 dollars a day per person. which early booking may have enjoyed a better price this is a good price for a popular cruise.

2011, not 2012. The 2011 cruise shows sold out.

Don't know where you are seeing that, as I only see n/a.

This cruise has been sold out for a long time, but cabins will open up after final payment date, which varies from August 15th to August 20th, depending upon the date booked. I know cabins will open up as I have two cabins that will cancel, one an e balcony and one an outside cabin category G. You might want to waitlist for the category G, but category K's will likely open up also.

Good luck, but I think you will be OK.

Don't know where you are seeing that, as I only see n/a.

This cruise has been sold out for a long time, but cabins will open up after final payment date, which varies from August 15th to August 20th, depending upon the date booked. I know cabins will open up as I have two cabins that will cancel, one an e balcony and one an outside cabin category G. You might want to waitlist for the category G, but category K's will likely open up also.

Good luck, but I think you will be OK.

date booked has nothing to do with final payment date

date booked has nothing to do with final payment date

Actually in this case it does, because those who booked when the cruise first became available had a final payment date of 70 days before sailing. The deadline was subsequently changed to require final payment 75 days before sailing. So some people have an August 15th date for final payment while others have until August 20th.

Regardless of the date of final payment, it is quite likely that there will be some staterooms available around mid August. :)

You could ask around on the M&M board for that cruise. looks like a big or at least chatty group, they have of 9000 postings. :eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1182594

Thank you. I did that a few days ago after your suggestion, and today it was reported that a site that does cruise alerts had this cruise listed with cabins while rcl still showed none. So, I called and snagged a cabin today. So thank you, and thank you again to the person that told me about his alert. cindy

Thank you. I did that a few days ago after your suggestion, and today it was reported that a site that does cruise alerts had this cruise listed with cabins while rcl still showed none. So, I called and snagged a cabin today. So thank you, and thank you again to the person that told me about his alert. cindy

Wow, great to hear it worked out for you. :)

Just got off the phone and we are booked for the "sold-out" Jewel of the Seas repositioning cruise out of Boston on Oct. 29th, so anyone interested, I'd suggest you call them directly. We were on the waiting list and they never called us, so thought I'd call them and sure enough, rooms are available!!!! YIPPEE!!

Archived