Live from The Island Princess

arizonaperson

We were in Glacier Bay today. Rainy, but pretty. Ship is very nice. Does not seem crowded. Internet works better in Card room 1 deck below our cabin than in the cabin. So I may or may not check back on this live thread. Skagway tomorrow. Laundry room was open today, did 2 loads.

We left Juneau a few hours ago. It rained again today.(we had our umbrellas,rain pants and jacket,so we were dry. We walked from the ship to the Alaska State Museum, good for a rainy day. Only $5. to get in. Walked by the capitol bldg. Walked along some of the shops.

Dining room on ship so far not open on port days.

Like the cruise and staff.

I will do a review under member review after I get home.

Leaving Ketchikan in about an hour. No rain this am, but by 1pm it was raining. Had a good time taking the city bus to Totem Bight. 50 cents for seniors 65+ or $1.00 for those under 65. Great deal. The totem park is free. Sea day tomorrow then on to Vancouver for Wed. embarkation. I hear Vancouver will be sunny and 75 degrees,wow.

Thanks for the "Live from..."

Could you check something for all of us at home. There are many rumors about the Horizon Court no longer being open 24 hours a day. Could you ask the Maitre D' or headwaiter if they at least keep the coffee/tea station open all night?

Thanks!

Also I know there is not an International Cafe on the Island but what is the Patisserie like? What type of sandwiches or pastries are available there? What are its hours? Thanks for any info as I will be on her on Jan 28 for a 10 day cruise.

Unless they have changed it since we sailed on Coral, very limited pastries and no sandwiches. It's basically a coffee bar. There is no room on the Island/Coral for an IC equivalent, sadly.

Also I know there is not an International Cafe on the Island but what is the Patisserie like? What type of sandwiches or pastries are available there? What are its hours? Thanks for any info as I will be on her on Jan 28 for a 10 day cruise.

I will answer hopefully all questions when I return and have free internet.:)

We had a very windy rough sea night last night(did not bother me). It is about 69 degrees:) at 6:30pm on Tuesday and BC is beautiful today. This morning the wind was still howling and blowing. We have a sea day today and arrive in Vancouver tomorrow am.

Look for my review sometime soon.

As a side note, we are on the Island October 10.. Who is the CD (they haven't sent out the email yet), and any thoughts on him/her? (With 4 sea days, the CD is more important for us than in Alaska).

The current cruise director, Richard Joseph, is leaving in two weeks and Brett Siborne will be coming to CD the Island Princess at that time.

La Patisserie has sweet rolls in the am, little sandwiches in the noon time, and cookies in the afternoon. The hours I can give you later when I look it up on the Patter.

Thanks for the "Live from..."

Could you check something for all of us at home. There are many rumors about the Horizon Court no longer being open 24 hours a day. Could you ask the Maitre D' or headwaiter if they at least keep the coffee/tea station open all night?

Thanks!

Sorry, I did not ask why they could not or did not keep Horizon open, but here is the hours approximately from my Patter that Horizon was open.(date 9-6 -11)maybe for the Panama cruises it is different?(I don't really do they buffet, so the coffee/tea station is not a big deal to me) Anyway the ship was very quiet after 11pm anyway, so get whatever you need to eat or drink before going to sleep.

Horizon Court hours: 5am to 11:30am breakfast

11:30am to 3:30pm lunch

noon to 1:30pm Extravaganza buffet

3:30pm to 5:30pm Light snack

5:30pm to midnight dinner

Archived