Changes in Celebrity's Dining Room in September?

negc

So the person across the table from me coughs into their hands, grasps the tongs and serves themselves salad, then drops the tongs into the bowl and passes the bowl to the next person. Ah...this sounds like a great improvement....

Hi, I said I did not think it was going to work....coughing not withstanding.

All I can say is that if the change is to make the items on the MDR menu

a la carte with fees attached, my first cruise next year will also be my last.:mad:

Hi,:) I don't know what is going to happen but I don't think it will be

"ala carte"...there are too many people who use the dining room on

a regular basis (who feel that way) and the cruiseline knows that too.

I enjoy the main dining room as well:) and when I want something

different I choose a Specialty restaurant. I have no desire to pay

extra for my meal in the MDR.

Maybe they are going to start including calorie counts and other nutrition info on the menus! :P

If people saw the REAL amount of the calories they were eating, they would eat less...maybe that's what Celebrity is thinking as a way to save money. If they do that, you can be sure they will never put the calorie count on the drinks!.

Miniature drone aircraft to deliver the food?

Overhead pneumatic tubes / conveyor belts taking it right to the table?

Private chef for each table preparing food to order (maybe something like the Japanese steakhouses?)

OK - have to go crazy once in a while. :)

j

Miniature drone aircraft to deliver the food?

Overhead pneumatic tubes / conveyor belts taking it right to the table?

Private chef for each table preparing food to order (maybe something like the Japanese steakhouses?)

OK - have to go crazy once in a while. :)

j

I think they are going to expand on the Silhouette's Lawn Club Grill idea and create the new "Celebrity Cook and Consume" dining experience. All passengers will choose their own ingredients from a new area adjacent to the MDR called "The Pantry". They will then prepare their own food in another new area called "The Cruisin' Kitchen". Each table will as a team make their own soups and salads, cook their own entrees, and whip up their own deserts. As each course is prepared, we'll take it to our tables to enjoy, returning to "The Pantry" and "The Cruisin' Kitchen" to prepare the next course at the appropriate time.

I think they are going to expand on the Silhouette's Lawn Club Grill idea and create the new "Celebrity Cook and Consume" dining experience. All passengers will choose their own ingredients from a new area adjacent to the MDR called "The Pantry". They will then prepare their own food in another new area called "The Cruisin' Kitchen". Each table will as a team make their own soups and salads, cook their own entrees, and whip up their own deserts. As each course is prepared, we'll take it to our tables to enjoy, returning to "The Pantry" and "The Cruisin' Kitchen" to prepare the next course at the appropriate time.

Too Funny !! Don't forget at the end of the meal, participating passengers also get to tip themselves : )

So do hinted at changes make others nervous? If you make final payment on a cruise and then the change happens, you could be stuck......

For a first time cruiser who is looking for the price to be all inclusive for MDR meals I would be upset to make final payment and then find out they are going to have a big part of the menu a la carte with fees attached.

So do hinted at changes make others nervous? If you make final payment on a cruise and then the change happens, you could be stuck......

Hi,:) nope. Stuck? On a ship? For a week? In Bermuda? How bad

does that sound?:D I have made final payment and will go on my

cruise and have a wonderful time. IF something is changing in the

dining room that I am not happy with? For this coming cruise I will

deal with things:) and then see about the future but being nervous

does not entire my mind. And if it is something so outrageous

that I just can't stand it (which would have to be pretty bad for me)

I will spend the money and go to Normandie. But you asked if others

are nervous? No. Not me.

I would think (or at least, I would hope) that if this was something that involved pricing changes or options that cost more - that X would make the announcement of such a change LONG before it was implemented. Would result in too much bad PR otherwise.

Why do so many on this thread seem to think the change will be a bad change? :confused:

Oh, c'mon, Gonzo. We all know change is bad ;).

You're right though. Maybe ol' Mr. Hanrahan will step up and say "Ok I admit we've been skimping more and more on MDR portions and quality for years. Now, we finally got so cheap that everyone is noticing that the food sucks, so we're going back to how the MDR food was before it started getting crappy."

IF something is changing in the

dining room that I am not happy with? For this coming cruise I will

deal with things:) and then see about the future but being nervous

does not entire my mind.

I as well see nothing threatening in the potential change. I am sure that the dining experience will be enhanced. Despite a few missteps, I think Celebrity management is pretty savvy about pleasing most of the passengers attracted to the line.

Hi Arno:)

And forgive my spelling error....I meant to say being nervous

does not "enter my mind":)... but I wonder if Jacque Van Staden

knows what the entire thing is doing to everyone on here;)

Change...it is the only constant in life......

My guess would be that the waiter will electronically send in the order giving him more time to spend with the cruisers. Maybe they will even place electronic photos of the main entrees at the dining room entrance

....................Frank:)

MAYBE YOU CAN PRE ORDER YOUR DINNER ON AN IPAD AND THEY ASSIGN YOU A NUMBER. When they call your numbe you pick up your tray.:D;):D

In reading the statement it refers to how cruisers will be "Receiving" their food... I would just think a new system of getting the food to the table...

IE.... runners like we have in land based US restaurants...the waiters take your order but when the food is actually ready "runners" take the hot food out and serve it..

CC

In reading the statement it refers to how cruisers will be "Receiving" their food... I would just think a new system of getting the food to the table...

IE.... runners like we have in land based US restaurants...the waiters take your order but when the food is actually ready "runners" take the hot food out and serve it..

CC

Hi, so do you think that will be your Assistant Waiter? Or a 3rd person

will be part of your "Wait team"?

And the way the paragraph read (Well, how I read it) was it was going

to unlike anything we have seen before.....having a runner is nothing

new in the restaurant business.

CC

That would be okay, as long as one person isn't eating an appetizer while another is eating an entree; and another is eating a dessert.

I prefer that everyone at the table is eating the same course; otherwise it is a buffet.

Archived