Changes in Celebrity's Dining Room in September?

negc

It was supposed to be that 1 person from your table would be elected to go to the galley and be "the table's private server" but that idea got sent to the brigg:rolleyes::):p

Am I missing something? Having a person from every table going into the galley to help "serve" does not seem very practical. From doing the Solstice galley tour in June, it would seem that things are pretty busy doing all they are there under normal conditions. Adding bunches of passengers to that process would make things more congested and confused. It's good they have junked that idea.

It's now October 1 and we're still awaiting the word on their big, new idea for the MDR.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 42,612 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Am I missing something? Having a person from every table going into the galley to help "serve" does not seem very practical. From doing the Solstice galley tour in June, it would seem that things are pretty busy doing all they are there under normal conditions. Adding bunches of passengers to that process would make things more congested and confused. It's good they have junked that idea.

It's now October 1 and we're still awaiting the word on their big, new idea for the MDR.

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 42,612 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

she was joking I believe

...................Frank:)

Just wondering which nights you prefer in the MDR. We will probably dine in 2 of the specialty rooms during our November cruise on Eclipse. Trying to figure out whether to book them ahead or wait until we are onboard. Thanks!

They were walking around the Connie with 20% off coupons for the specialty restaurant on our Sept. 7, 12 night cruise.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Terry, Frank is correct....I was totally kidding:eek:no way would that

be a good idea. Guess my sense of humor got thrown out to sea:o

she was joking I believe

...................Frank:)

Hi Frank, yes, I was...guess the joke was in the brigg too:rolleyes:

No way would that be a good idea:eek:

• 1 month later...

According to a video on YouTube showing Jacques van Staden changes to main dining are coming next year. It was filmed during the presentation of Celebrity Silhouette a couple of weeks ago. But he didn't share any details. I guess this thread has a bright future :-).

Hopefully, this great, new, groundbreaking idea has more involved than just some kind of rotating restaurant schedule, since Disney has been doing that for years.

Thanks for the reference, mrjim.:)

Hopefully, this great, new, groundbreaking idea has more involved than just some kind of rotating restaurant schedule, since Disney has been doing that for years.

Thanks for the reference, mrjim.:)

No, not rotating restaurants, but rotating tables. They will make a full rotation, giving each person a 360 degree view of the dining room every 30 minutes. If that is successful, the next step will be to mount all tables on a moving conveyor so they will make a full circuit around the room each seating. Along with the rotating table concept, every dining room customer will be able to enjoy the best table and seat location at least once per dinner seating, although for only a couple minutes. Celebrity's new promotional material will state: "Never a bad seat in our dining rooms."

No, not rotating restaurants, but rotating tables. They will make a full rotation, giving each person a 360 degree view of the dining room every 30 minutes. If that is successful, the next step will be to mount all tables on a moving conveyor so they will make a full circuit around the room each seating. Along with the rotating table concept, every dining room customer will be able to enjoy the best table and seat location at least once per dinner seating, although for only a couple minutes. Celebrity's new promotional material will state: "Never a bad seat in our dining rooms."

Didn't they already do something like that at the Mark in San Francisco?? Am I dating myself again? OOPSIE!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

More information has been leaked about the changes being proposed by chef Jacques Van Staden to enhance the experience of dining in the MDR. He states in a recent video his desire to make dining in the MDR different each night to keep the experience fresh and interesting, especially on longer 14-day cruises. Now we have more details on what he is proposing.

In 2012 Celebrity will be rolling out a new concept revolving around theme nights. Each night will feature foods associated with a different theme, a different one each night. Wait staff will wear appropriate costumes to match the theme of the night. For instance, one night will be "BBQ" night, with designer bibs for diners and a variety of BBQ sauces from around the world. On this night the wait staff will be wearing denim coveralls and bandannas around their necks. Another night will be "The many different ways to Serve Tofu" night. Another will be the sensory experience of eating in the dark (using blindfolds provided by your wait staff), where we try to figure out what we are eating by taste alone. The wait staff will be allowed to wear anything they like - we won't be able to see them!! Another will be "Leftover" night, featuring the many different ways last night's leftovers can be presented. "Vegetarian" night will be popular with some, but possibly not all. Still another will be "Soft Food" night, expected to be popular with guests who wear dentures. One to be very popular with all children on board will be "Finger Food" night, where all silverware will be absent and fingers and hands will be the utensils of choice. "Diet" night, featuring lo-calorie healthy selections won't be my favorite, that's for sure. However, it's opposite, "Heart Attack on a Plate" night, will feature only high fat items that promises to be very tasty.

Should be interesting!!!

More information has been leaked about the changes being proposed by chef Jacques Van Staden to enhance the experience of dining in the MDR. He states in a recent video his desire to make dining in the MDR different each night to keep the experience fresh and interesting, especially on longer 14-day cruises. Now we have more details on what he is proposing.

In 2012 Celebrity will be rolling out a new concept revolving around theme nights. Each night will feature foods associated with a different theme, a different one each night. Wait staff will wear appropriate costumes to match the theme of the night. For instance, one night will be "BBQ" night, with designer bibs for diners and a variety of BBQ sauces from around the world. On this night the wait staff will be wearing denim coveralls and bandannas around their necks. Another night will be "The many different ways to Serve Tofu" night. Another will be the sensory experience of eating in the dark (using blindfolds provided by your wait staff), where we try to figure out what we are eating by taste alone. The wait staff will be allowed to wear anything they like - we won't be able to see them!! Another will be "Leftover" night, featuring the many different ways last night's leftovers can be presented. "Vegetarian" night will be popular with some, but possibly not all. Still another will be "Soft Food" night, expected to be popular with guests who wear dentures. One to be very popular with all children on board will be "Finger Food" night, where all silverware will be absent and fingers and hands will be the utensils of choice. "Diet" night, featuring lo-calorie healthy selections won't be my favorite, that's for sure. However, it's opposite, "Heart Attack on a Plate" night, will feature only high fat items that promises to be very tasty.

Should be interesting!!!

LOL!!! For about the first three or four sentences, I thought you were being serious. You forgot "Fear Factor" night, where we get to eat live scorpions and pig brains, "Alcoholic Night", where we all just drink our dinners, and my DW's favorite - 4 courses of "Ice Cream Night".

You forgot "Fear Factor" night, where we get to eat live scorpions and pig brains,

Actually this is going to be called "I'm a Celebrity Night" (as in the TV show), each table will elect 2 people to eat the bugs and unmentionable parts of a kangaroo in order to win meals for the table

Should be interesting!!!

LOL you had me going at first too! I was all set to complain about theme nights!

Archived