Oasis of the seas cabin question

IF YOU HAD YOUR CHOICE BETWEEN OCNVW BALCONY MID SHIP OR BOARDWALK BALCONY VIEW AFT ON UPPER DECK 10/11 WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE. ALSO CAN YOU SEE THE AQUA THEATER FROM BRDWLK VIEW WITH BALCONY FROM EITHER SIDE.:confused:

We just got off Oasis yesterday. We booked a midship oceanview balcony (#7190) and absolutely would choose it again...it was lovely to sit and watch the water as we passed by. From what I could see of the boardwalk balconies, they didn't look very private at all. Heck, you're looking straight across at other people on their balconies; if we'd had one fo those rooms, we wouldn't have enjoyed it at all. I think if you had a boardwalk balcony close to the aqua theatre, you might have a decent view, but those toward the far end probably wouldn't give you much to look at.

Ocean balcony.

My opinion is that it is somewhat more difficult to see the sea on Oasis. Seriously, there are not as many windows as on other ships. One of the reasons I cruise is to enjoy the ocean. On Oasis, much of the focus is "inward", into the neighborhoods. I didn't like that, but that's how I feel and I know many do not agree. *shrug*

Ocean balcony.

My opinion is that it is somewhat more difficult to see the sea on Oasis. Seriously, there are not as many windows as on other ships. One of the reasons I cruise is to enjoy the ocean. On Oasis, much of the focus is "inward", into the neighborhoods. I didn't like that, but that's how I feel and I know many do not agree. *shrug*

I agree! Hubby and I were walking through the Royal Promenade one day last week and we both felt like we were in a local mall vs on a cruise ship. If we didn't have an oceanview balcony, we probably wouldn't have seen much of the water at all!

IF YOU HAD YOUR CHOICE BETWEEN OCNVW BALCONY MID SHIP OR BOARDWALK BALCONY VIEW AFT ON UPPER DECK 10/11 WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE. ALSO CAN YOU SEE THE AQUA THEATER FROM BRDWLK VIEW WITH BALCONY FROM EITHER SIDE.:confused:

I'd pick a balcony any time over oceanview...but that is me. I like the light & fresh air on the balcony. If I couldn't afford a balcony cabin I'd take an oceanview, again just to get light in there.

I recently booked my trip on the Allure next September and both balconies were being offered at the same price.

I love the water though, so it wasn't even a thought. I'm going to need to wind down every once in awhile and what fun is sitting on a balcony if you're watching people.

I just stayed in a boardwalk balcony on the Oasis. It was loud-there was a gap in the weather stripping on the door though. I didn't think it was terribly hot as others have mentioned. I would imagine the central park balconies are a lot warmer. I wouldn't pick an ocean view balcony until they prohibit smoking on exterior balconies because I don't like it and with my luck I'd end up surrounded by chain smokers.

You can see the aquatheatre from both sides. You can see the giant led screens too. The view isn't as good as it would be sitting in the theatre and if you are on a higer deck you cannot see the dives from the highest platform.

Thing is ... we can book an ocean view balcony cabin or mini-suite on most ships and have one booked for a longer cruise in January.

Can't get a Boardwalk balcony except on Oasis or Allure. We're very much looking forward to the one we have booked on Oasis in November ... just for the fun of it! It's on the lowest deck with a Boardwalk balcony and 4 down from the aquatheatre. Silly as it may sound to some, we hope there will be noise and lots of activity to enjoy. :D

Maybe, others understand and feel the same.

were you able to see the Aqua Theater?????:confused:

We just got off the Oasis and had a Boardwalk cabin, third from the back on the 12th floor. We really enjoyed the view. My guy watched Oasis of Dreams from the balcony. He did have to stand to see the entire stage. We had a view of the ocean (although slightly impeded); we could see the Aquatheatre; we could watch the people on the rock climbing wall; we could watch the people ziplining by. To be honest, not many people are on their balconies at any given time, so privacy from the cabins and balconies opposite were not an issue with us. At most I saw two other balconies occupied at the times I was on the balcony. You have to remember to keep at least the lighter drapes drawn if you are less than fully dressed in your cabin, though.

At times, it was noisy but that didn't bother me either. During the day, from the sports deck above. At night, there are shows in the Aquatheatre. The Boardwalk area itself was pretty quiet most of the time, surprisingly. Inside the cabin with the door shut, there was not a lot of noise except during the shows.

Before, I've always had oceanview balconies. I wanted something different for this cruise. It isn't for everyone, but we enjoyed it.

Ocean balcony.

I agree with you...that is really the only negative the Oasis had. You did not get to see the ocean very often and as I said in my other post - we love looking at the ocean.

We did love Oasis however...just wanted more ocean views from the ship.

...you will be the 'show' for people sitting in the park or Johnny Rockets, etc.

I think some people with those interior balconys 'forget' that everyone can see them.

It also VERY hot. There is no sea breeze.

Honestly, people in Johnny Rockets would have to sit with their necks craned up in order to see people on the top balconies. Very rarely did you see people from below looking up.

And it was actually cooler than sone of the oceanview balconies I have had. The balconies are in shade quite often because of the positioning and there is a breeze that comes through from the sports deck.

You can see the aqua theater from this picture. See all the boardwalk balconys?

Oasis1031.jpg

another view more straight down, where you can see johnny rockets and seafood shack better, which is at the end of boardwalk. Id say you can see the aqua theater from all these balconys .. but from that far back, id need binoculars.

Oasis1032.jpg

Honestly, people in Johnny Rockets would have to sit with their necks craned up in order to see people on the top balconies. Very rarely did you see people from below looking up.

And it was actually cooler than sone of the oceanview balconies I have had. The balconies are in shade quite often because of the positioning and there is a breeze that comes through from the sports deck.

As I said earlier, I think some people forget where they are.

We were having breakfast in the patio area of Johnny Rockets & couldn't help 'people watching'. In their robes, having a balcony breakfast, putting their wet laundry across their balcony table & chairs....and the crazy jammies some people wear !

As I said earlier, I think some people forget where they are.

We were having breakfast in the patio area of Johnny Rockets & couldn't help 'people watching'. In their robes, having a balcony breakfast, putting their wet laundry across their balcony table & chairs....and the crazy jammies some people wear !

here is a thought... maybe the people in the crazy jammies were watching the people in Johnny Rockets!!

Archived