Lounge chairs on Caribe deck balcony?

shofer

My friend and I booked a BF guarantee and were upgraded to a BA on Caribe deck. This is her first cruise and my 3rd w/Princess but my first on this deck with the bigger balconies. I know the regular balconies have 2 chairs and a small table but what about Caribe deck?

Is there room for some lounge chairs? If they are not there, can we request some from our cabin steward? I am so happy we got this cabin. This is a nice thing w/Princess is the upgrade you get when you book a guarantee. At least it's happened to us twice already.

Sue

My friend and I booked a BF guarantee and were upgraded to a BA on Caribe deck. This is her first cruise and my 3rd w/Princess but my first on this deck with the bigger balconies. I know the regular balconies have 2 chairs and a small table but what about Caribe deck?

Is there room for some lounge chairs? If they are not there, can we request some from our cabin steward? I am so happy we got this cabin. This is a nice thing w/Princess is the upgrade you get when you book a guarantee. At least it's happened to us twice already.

Sue

They do not have full loungers on Caribe deck. The balcony has two reclining chairs and two regular chairs. My hubby would recline the back of the one chair and use the other chair for his legs and feet. There are 4 chairs and 1 table altogether. Enjoy the cruise.:)

Sue

Had a Caribe deck cabin on Sapphire in April -- you'll love the bigger balcony! Enjoy!

We love Caribe Deck balconies. Besides the larger size and having four chairs, two that recline, there is the larger round table that is dining height. We've had many meals there. Often we'd go up to HC and bring lunch down. Since the balcony is partially shaded, it's great for both sun worshippers and those who need shade. Enjoy!

I have had some Caribe balcony cabins that are equipped with a dining-height table, 2 chairs with reclining backrests, 2 regular chairs, AND 2 footstools.

A reclining chair + a footstool = almost a lounger!!!

Indeed...this was our Caribe balcony on the Star Princess...2 regular chairs, two adjustable back chairs, two footstools and a table.

2006240310079365048S500x500Q85.jpg

I have had some Caribe balcony cabins that are equipped with a dining-height table, 2 chairs with reclining backrests, 2 regular chairs, AND 2 footstools.

A reclining chair + a footstool = almost a lounger!!!

I haven't seen the footstools yet. Sounds like a great addition.

FYI, you can't request a full lounger because they are not fire retardant. Some people have reported they asked for them and their steward got them but that's a fire hazard and they were banned after the Star fire. Perhaps that will change with the new smoking regulations.

OOooo....I like the look of those footstools. Does anyone know if they have them on the Grand?
I believe that the white furniture was the first fire retardant furniture placed initially on the Star after the fire. I believe we also had them on the Golden and/or the Grand prior to 2008. Last time we were on the Golden in 2009 the white furniture had been replaced by the blue and there were no longer ottomans. Don't know about the Grand after her drydock. The Star still had the white furniture with ottomans in the Spring of 2010 but she might lose them in her upcoming drydock.

Thanks for the pictures. I thought the recliners were full loungers so I am disappointed in that. Hope we get the footstools on the Grand so we can fully utilize them. I guess we can always use the chairs to put our feet up.

At our age, (boomers) our ankles are starting to swell and we need to elevate them! LOL.

Archived