2012 Cruise Brides

Tasha4199

Sent my final list on Friday -- it's getting very close now!

Carnival Miracle in New York City, April 20th

7 sailing + 47 non-sailing guests

Deluxe Romance package -- hors d'oeuvres reception

Vanilla cake with strawberry filling, have asked them to do polka dots in icing on the sides of the cake to match my dress

Ceremony music:

Be My Baby - the Ronettes (Bridesmaids)

Beyond the Sea -- Bobby Darrin (Me and our son)

Wouldn't it be Nice? - Beach Boys (Recessional)

Dolly Couture dress with killer red heels :cool:

Will post lots of pictures!

I'd love to talk to others who have married in port?!?

I need some advice on a few things...

Getting married on the beach........... Hair up or down.....? I want to put some sort of tropical flower in my hair I think... But I need find a florist info lauderdale i think....

What should my fiancé wear? I was thinking the white linen shirt and khaki pants but im worried they will wrinkle terribly in our luggage and I don't know if I can find a place to do same or next day dry cleaning within walking distance of our hotel....

• 2 weeks later...
I'd love to talk to others who have married in port?!?

I need some advice on a few things...

Getting married on the beach........... Hair up or down.....? I want to put some sort of tropical flower in my hair I think... But I need find a florist info lauderdale i think....

What should my fiancé wear? I was thinking the white linen shirt and khaki pants but im worried they will wrinkle terribly in our luggage and I don't know if I can find a place to do same or next day dry cleaning within walking distance of our hotel....

:) I am getting married on the beach as well and I am going with hair up (even though I have been growing it out for the last year lol) but I don’t want to worry about wind or my curls falling out or it not lasting through dinner. Updo’s are really durable. My fiancé bought a tux online for rally cheap, we were thing about white & khaki but I Googled picture of beach weddings and just liked the look of a suit or tux,I I would recommend doing that so you have a better idea how the different groom outfits will look with different dresses and what not. IDK if you are flying or not but we are driving and I am packing a small steamer in my bag ($20 at walmart) I know my dress will need it after that long drive and the ship doesn’t have any place to get that done. You might also want to check your hotel they might have a laundry service there, (most I have stayed at do) or they might have one they highly recommend. It is your wedding day I am sure they will want to be helpful. Just call ahead. Hope that kinda helped lol good luck and congrats!

Hi ladies!!! 30 days left for me until we set sail. It is getting soooo close. Anyways, I had an idea I thought I would share with everyone. For the few guest that are sailing with us I made a poster for them to hang on their cabin door. I thought it would be fun for them and something I think a lot of people forget you can do (decorate you cabin door) I will post some picture . I made small posters for the guest and a large one for me and my hubby to be’s door. I personalized each one. They were not too bad price wise and shipping was really fast. This is the site I used and I used their templates. http://www.makesigns.com I also put extra bling on them and added stickers, I am going to attach a pen to our poster so people and leave us notes and well wishes!:D

2012-04-13_20-33-38_489.jpg.d2055c4dcb600a172a762aaf399938f1.jpg

wed.jpg.9d264e5282e4f0485374fd0fabecb26c.jpg

Hi ladies!!! 30 days left for me until we set sail. It is getting soooo close. Anyways, I had an idea I thought I would share with everyone. For the few guest that are sailing with us I made a poster for them to hang on their cabin door. I thought it would be fun for them and something I think a lot of people forget you can do (decorate you cabin door) I will post some picture . I made small posters for the guest and a large one for me and my hubby to be’s door. I personalized each one. They were not too bad price wise and shipping was really fast. This is the site I used and I used their templates. http://www.makesigns.com I also put extra bling on them and added stickers, I am going to attach a pen to our poster so people and leave us notes and well wishes!:D

I LOVE the Team Bride sign!

My Wedding date is 09/22, and Im wondering how soon I should submit my wedding documents such as ceremony outline and cake request form. Im also ordering a seperate grooms cake, but I have already sent that information to the coordinator. Any help is welcomed!

My wedding date is 5/17 and I just sent mine in. They told me do have it all in 30 days before the wedding. They should have told you when talk to your wedding coordinator. If you have not talked to them yet I am sure you will soon. So no need to worry, you have a while to go. I hated that part because I am a planer and if it was up to me everything would have been done a year in advance lol but I understand they have a lot of weddings, I think up to 4 on each ship. Anyways congrats!!

NAME? Jenna

AGE? 27

LINE/SHIP Carnival Pride- from Baltimore on aug 12

WEDDING PORT At Sea/ HMC

WEDDING DATE Aug 16,2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? 3yrs

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? He is very busy and we didnt want to do a lot of planning, we just wanted to show up and have a good time.

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? about 30 sailing

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? relaxing with a rum drink and having fun with all our family and friends bc thats what life is all about! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and congrats to all fellow brides. We are having a vow renewal ceremony in St. Thomas in celebration of our 30th wedding anniversary. We are using Janelle from Island Bliss Weddings for the ceremony and then having a reception back on the Liberty afterwards. I have a question for anyone who has used Island Bliss Weddings. in regards to gratuities, are you giving a tip on the full amount of the ceremony or just to the individuals like Janelle, transportation, and music players etc? Please help I am not sure what to do about this!! Thanks in advance for anyones insight into this subject!! :)

Hello and congrats to all fellow brides. We are having a vow renewal ceremony in St. Thomas in celebration of our 30th wedding anniversary. We are using Janelle from Island Bliss Weddings for the ceremony and then having a reception back on the Liberty afterwards. I have a question for anyone who has used Island Bliss Weddings. in regards to gratuities, are you giving a tip on the full amount of the ceremony or just to the individuals like Janelle, transportation, and music players etc? Please help I am not sure what to do about this!! Thanks in advance for anyones insight into this subject!! :)

We tipped Janelle and Stuart based on the cost of the ceremony (they were both wonderful), the photographer (he was amazing), and the server at the lunch reception (added extra to the included gratuity because he was fast and very gracious to us). I had envelopes for Janelle and the photographer set up beforehand with a thank you note, and our best man handed them over to each person.

We didn't tip the transportation guys because there were some snafus, and we didn't tip the steel drum player.

NAME? Jenna

AGE? 27

LINE/SHIP Carnival Pride- from Baltimore on aug 12

WEDDING PORT At Sea/ HMC

WEDDING DATE Aug 16,2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? 3yrs

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? He is very busy and we didnt want to do a lot of planning, we just wanted to show up and have a good time.

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? about 30 sailing

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? relaxing with a rum drink and having fun with all our family and friends bc thats what life is all about! :)

Yippee another Pride Bride!

Hello all! Well i have 7 days left till we say "I DO" And 3 days till we set sail, We are driving to our port and heading out tomorrow so this will be my last post until I get back! We are going through Carnival for the cruse and wedding, we will be married in Nassau on Orange hill beach at 11:00 am. We opt. to pay extra for extra taxi so my fiance does not see me before the wedding. I got my final call about 2 weeks ago and found out they will be sending complementary chocolate covered strawberry and champagne to our room the night of the wedding. So I thought that was nice. I will take lots of photos and rite a review when i get back. I think i am going to write one for the begining process and a serrate one for the actual wedding it's self. Also i got this stuff for our guest that are sailing with us as a gift it is called poo-pourri you spray it in the toilet before you go #2 and it totally makes it have no smell lol it is the best and i thought it would be a good thing to have in the small rooms lol http://poopourri.com/ best of luck to everyone !!!

Jessie :D

What a cute idea. Best of luck to you pinkpumpkin. We will all be waiting to see your review. I am getting married on Carnival Ecstasy on June 23, 2012 in Port Canaveral before we leave Port. Only 43 days and counting. I am ready! Best wishes and Congrats!

we are having our ceremony at The Poop Deck-Sandy Port. We are working with a local coordinator for everything on the island. Booked for sept 21-24 on norwegian sky! wedding date sept 23. we are expecting 50-60 guests sailing with us.

Ahhh the poop deck...who is your coordinator? I am getting married in Nassau too but at Compass Point. I had the option to do Poop Deck.

Ahhh the poop deck...who is your coordinator? I am getting married in Nassau too but at Compass Point. I had the option to do Poop Deck.

we are working with Anne Marie, she has been great! Poop Deck works well for us because we have so many guests, and it is beautiful there on the beach :)

NAME? Beth

AGE? 28 (for four more days!)

LINE/SHIP Carnival Liberty

WEDDING PORT: Port of Miami

WEDDING DATE Nov 11, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? over a year that we've been dating, but I've known him for about 2.5 years

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? We loved our last cruise we just took in March, and we were trying to plan a smaller wedding, and I hate planning. We were planning on just going on a cruise in November, and I said, well we could just get married on it... Our family actually is cool with it, and most of them are coming, so thats that!

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? Originally we thought we would be cruising by ourselves, and everyone would just come to the wedding.... Now we have like 17 sailing guests and 2 non sailing guests! lol

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? We already joke we're an old married couple, but I'm looking forward to making it official. I'd say the honeymoon but honestly, with all the family, I'm sure we will need a second one... lol

Hey guys! I am getting married on December 2 2012 on allure of the seas!! So excited!! Any brides out there already get married on royal Caribbean?! I'm so curious about a lot of things such as the buffet food the decor if the day was smooth!! If anyone of you ladies have any input please let me know!!! Pics would be great too!!! Thanks so much!

Jeanie

Hey guys! I am getting married on December 2 2012 on allure of the seas!! So excited!! Any brides out there already get married on royal Caribbean?! I'm so curious about a lot of things such as the buffet food the decor if the day was smooth!! If anyone of you ladies have any input please let me know!!! Pics would be great too!!! Thanks so much!

Jeanie

Congratulations!!!!!

Soon to be Mrs. Taddeo. 8-10-12

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived