2012 Cruise Brides

Tasha4199

I am planning on wearing my dress all day too! How did it go for you? My wedding is at 1pm and we do not set sail until 7.

I'm getting married on the ship on embarkation day and I'm planning on wearing my dress all day :D

My dress is quite simple, no train, and I don't plan on wearing a veil (for now). My wedding and lunch reception will end probably around 3 or 3:30, so after pictures around the ship and the muster drill, it'll probably be time for our first seating dinner at 6pm. I'm just kinda worried people will think that I got confused about elegant night since it's not a big wedding gown and I'm not wearing a veil :( But I'll convince my man to stay in his tux with me :o

There was an old thread about ladies wearing their dresses to dinner. I think most brides will agree that we'll only get one chance to wear the dress and wearing it to dinner will be part of the memories! But I'm curious to hear about what others are doing!!

I am planning on wearing my dress all day too! How did it go for you? My wedding is at 1pm and we do not set sail until 7.

I was so set on wearing my dress on day, but after the windy/long muster drill and taking photos around the whole ship, I was dying to get out of my dress and shoes! haha and my man was out cold (asleep) right after we finished the portraits, he was so tired after the wedding and waking up at 4am, that he slept through dinner and until the next morning. I went to dinner with my parents, and all of us had changed into more comforable clothes. But people still recognized us throughout the cruise cos they saw us taking portraits!

I am getting married on June 3, 2012 aboard the Carnival Legend in Tampa! I am so very excited and love all of the posts. This is my first wedding, but my sister was married 2 years ago on a Carnival ship and it was great! Does anyone know how to tip the people involved in the wedding?

I am getting married on June 3, 2012 aboard the Carnival Legend in Tampa! I am so very excited and love all of the posts. This is my first wedding, but my sister was married 2 years ago on a Carnival ship and it was great! Does anyone know how to tip the people involved in the wedding?

Congrats!! You'll have a blast :) I think a cruise wedding is a perfect unique, fun wedding.

There were lots of people to tip, so I recommend putting someone in charge of distributing tips- father or best man, etc.

These were the people we tipped (as far as I know):

Makeup artist: $60 (this really depends on the final price and how many people she has to work on, we only had 3)

Makeup artist assistant: $45

Officiant: $20

Coordinator: $30

Dining Room Hostess: $30

Servers: $10/each

Photographer: $40 total- 20 on the day of and 20 after we got the final photos and were so pleased with them

I also gave the room steward a little extra because he had to get our room ready early and set up it so nicely. I think tipping is personal preference but so many people worked so hard to make our special day possible that we thought it was reasonable. The cruise staff is working extra on top of their normal work.

I had the best man tip everyone. I gave him nice little envelopes and a bunch of $20s and $10s to adjust accordingly-- we didn't know how many servers there were going to be or that there was going to be a dining room hostess. I gave him basic guidelines but let him adjust if the service was great or not so great.

There were also leftover favors, so I left thank you notes w/ tips to the photographer, dining room hostess, cabin steward and his assistant with a wedding favor (chocolates) at the end of the cruise. I think it's a nice way to thank them because we saw them throughout our cruise and they made our honeymoon comfortable and enjoyable.

Hopes this helps!!!

Congrats!! You'll have a blast :) I think a cruise wedding is a perfect unique, fun wedding.

There were lots of people to tip, so I recommend putting someone in charge of distributing tips- father or best man, etc.

These were the people we tipped (as far as I know):

Makeup artist: $60 (this really depends on the final price and how many people she has to work on, we only had 3)

Makeup artist assistant: $45

Officiant: $20

Coordinator: $30

Dining Room Hostess: $30

Servers: $10/each

Photographer: $40 total- 20 on the day of and 20 after we got the final photos and were so pleased with them

I also gave the room steward a little extra because he had to get our room ready early and set up it so nicely. I think tipping is personal preference but so many people worked so hard to make our special day possible that we thought it was reasonable. The cruise staff is working extra on top of their normal work.

I had the best man tip everyone. I gave him nice little envelopes and a bunch of $20s and $10s to adjust accordingly-- we didn't know how many servers there were going to be or that there was going to be a dining room hostess. I gave him basic guidelines but let him adjust if the service was great or not so great.

There were also leftover favors, so I left thank you notes w/ tips to the photographer, dining room hostess, cabin steward and his assistant with a wedding favor (chocolates) at the end of the cruise. I think it's a nice way to thank them because we saw them throughout our cruise and they made our honeymoon comfortable and enjoyable.

Hopes this helps!!!

Thanks!! It helps alot, I want to make sure I have everything set up just right :)

I do not plan on tipping the Coordinator, Photographer, or the Officiant. Im paying $2,000 to have a 15 min ceremony on the beach, and an extra $400:eek: to have an arch and that on top of the money we spent for the cruse! Lol I will not be forking out another penny. ( sorry I just feel like they rip people off) Make up artist and hair stylist I would /will tip.

:DWe are getting married on the beach at Nassau, it is a lot of money but still ½ as much as we were going to spend on a traditional wedding. It was hard to fork out the money, and the crazy part is all of the extras you have to pay for on top of the $3000, Like $400 for an arch and the cost of extra chairs lol the list goes on and on but one option we were looking a is doing a vow renewal, you would have to get married in your home town a few months or weeks (I cant remember how long) but then you do not have to worry about the marriage not being recognized and you can have the ceremony on the ship. We went through Carnival and their “renewal” package was a lot cheaper like $250.00 the bad part was it had to be done at the ship, but the caption is the one that does it, you get pictures and some extra gifts included in the price. It is an options and it is really similar to a wedding ceremony.

We are getting married in Nassau on the beach as well! Which beach location have you chose?

Ok so let’s see everyone’s dresses!!!!! I have 6 weeks left till I have my dress fitted and less than 90 days till the wedding. I am getting so excited

I know the photo isn't that good but this should give you an idea of what it looks like. I'll have better photos in just 39 days!!!

6816749526_c6dea22a51_z.jpg

I've had my dress re-made :) actually just the skirt... I kept the bodice, changed the chiffon skirt into a floor length full circle with sweep train with silk imported from Italy.. my dress has turned out more beautiful than i imagined. I will be happy to post pics when we get back :) I do plan on wearing it into the evening :)

We are getting married in Nassau on the beach as well! Which beach location have you chose?

I think it is orange beach but we are still 65 days away from the sail date and carnival does not confirm time and exact location until till 2 weeks before you sail, but it will be on the beach in Nassau sometime between 9am-11 lol one of the joys of getting married on a cruise lol it is out of my control lol which is not good for me cause m a little of a control freak, :D What date are you guys getting married? have you booked yet?

I know the photo isn't that good but this should give you an idea of what it looks like. I'll have better photos in just 39 days!!!

It looks beautiful!! Congrats! we have 65 more days and it is killing me eeekkk it is going by so fast :eek:

NAME: Stacey

LINE/SHIP: Carnival Elation

WEDDING PORT: New Orleans

WEDDING DATE: 08/06/2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B: July, 2010, we have been together since our 1st date

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? Wanted to do something different and easy to plan. I am the first of my firends to get married and no one in my family has ever done something like this.

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? The bridal party and our parents are sailing with a few others I think, about 25 or so. Non sailing about 50.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO: All the fun and spending the rest of my life with my wonderful man! :D

I think it is orange beach but we are still 65 days away from the sail date and carnival does not confirm time and exact location until till 2 weeks before you sail, but it will be on the beach in Nassau sometime between 9am-11 lol one of the joys of getting married on a cruise lol it is out of my control lol which is not good for me cause m a little of a control freak, :D What date are you guys getting married? have you booked yet?

we are having our ceremony at The Poop Deck-Sandy Port. We are working with a local coordinator for everything on the island. Booked for sept 21-24 on norwegian sky! wedding date sept 23. we are expecting 50-60 guests sailing with us.

Faxed my Final Guest list, Cake order, and ceremony outline this morning...

NOW... things are really REAL!

we have 54 guests, 9 sailing

went with vanilla/vanilla (all three tiers)

using wedding experience Vows and music

Pachelbel: Canon in D

Mendelssolhn Wedding March

Simple and Sweet!

Now, lets just hope their version of Canon in D is long enough to get my 3 girls, my 2 grandkids, then... My Son and I down the aisle. :rolleyes:

29 more days!

NAME: Kimberly

LINE/SHIP: royal Caribbean oasis of the seas

WEDDING PORT: St. Thomas

WEDDING DATE: 12/4/12

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B: since nov. 9th 2007. Engaged June 25th 2011

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? It perfectly describes us! We love to cruise. Obvi. Plus I'd def go over board if I was having a traditional wedding. I'm a wedding photographer and I feel like I've seen it all so this is a breath of fresh air

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? 20 sailing now. Invited 50 10 more say they are going to try and book.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO: Our ceremony. My fiancé is not one for many words and we are writing our own vows. Then I can't wait for all the moments captured. We are bringing our videographers and photographers on board. I can't wait. Is it December yet!!

How are you going about bringing your own photographer onboard, did you notify royal caribbean? I want to book oasis but this is my biggest concern.

Name: Jen

port of wedding: I wish I could decide! I"m thinking Key West, unfortunately it's going to fall on Columbus day (I can't believe we celebrate that evil man) and the courthouse is CLOSED! boooo

ship: Carnival Valor

tentative dates: 10/08/2012 in Key West or 10/06/2012 in Ft. Lauderdale or 10/10/2012 in Montego Bay

Those of you married in Key West how was it?

Just wanted to let you know I met my goal today! And just in time... I have my first dress fitting tomorrow! I am now at the weight I wanted to be at for my wedding! If I can do it I know you can! (I am a junk food fanatic! LOL). Now to maintain.. I have a feeling this is going to be the hard part for me. :eek:

I put a dress on layaway (it fit perfectly without alterations) as a plan B. BUT I got good news yesterday. My seamstress can alter my original dream dress and everything should be perfect. I am keeping plan B on layaway, JUST IN CASE. I call it my insurance policy. :D

My dress is a platinum white Maggie Sottero with blue crystals and I got to thinking that instead of the silverish, jeweled shoes I may want to wear some satin cobalt blue heels. My mother hates it (wants me to wear white flats) and some of my friends were raising eyebrows. I know it is my wedding (and I will probably get the cobalt blue cause I LOVE them) but what do you brides think? We are having a non-traditional cruise ship wedding - why not have fun with it... plus the splash of color in the pictures I think would be awesome.

Thoughts?

I know it is my wedding (and I will probably get the cobalt blue cause I LOVE them) but what do you brides think? We are having a non-traditional cruise ship wedding - why not have fun with it... plus the splash of color in the pictures I think would be awesome.

Thoughts?

I love it! I'm planning on wearing bright pink shoes as that matches my flowers. I say don't worry yourself with everyone else's opinion and wear what you love. The pics will be fantastic!

I'm so excited to have booked our cruise and wedding for December! I have found the information on here very helpful in our planning. I think the time will fly by and the more I read on here the more I realize I have to do!

Name: Melissa

Line/Ship: Grand Princess

Wedding Port: At Sea

Wedding Date: 12/9/12

How long together with S2B: 2.5 years

Why did you choose a cruise wedding? I wanted to be able to have close family and friends present, but also limit the number of guests who would be able to attend. This way I am still inviting everyone so they are not offended by not receiving an invitation, but the cost and time commitment involved in attending is limiting the people who will actually be there. We checked with all of the "key players" ahead of time to make sure the cruise was something they were comfortable with.

How many guests (sailing and non sailing)? 20-25

What are you most looking forward to? A simple, but nice, wedding with close family and friends and then a week to relax.

]NAME? Jessy

AGE? 30

LINE/SHIP Carnival Freedom

WEDDING PORT Fort Lauderdale

WEDDING DATE 8.10.12

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? 2 1/2 yrs

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? Easy. Built in honeymoon :)

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? 3.... Including the two of us, and our 7 year old

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? Marrying the man of my dreams, relaxing by the pool and on the beach.... Being in the sunshine!!!!

Archived