2012 Cruise Brides

Tasha4199

NAME? Jennifer

AGE? 34

LINE/SHIP RC EXPLORER OF THE SEAS

WEDDING PORT BAYONNE NJ

WEDDING DATE Sept 9, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? 6 years - 1st marriage for both of us

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING?We didn't want anything big, only close family and I LOVE LOVE LOVE cruising

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? Just me and H2B sailing. 10 non sailors

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? Waving goodbye to everyone at the pier as we set sail with a tropically drink in hand. (And of course being carried over the threshold into our cabin)

Our colors are going to be Black, Orange and white since we are getting married on Halloween.

I am not booking my wedding through the cruise line. I found a wedding planner in Nassau that is doing everything for us at a great price. We are getting married at Compass Point on the pier then going to Senor Frogs for 2 hours of open bar, dinner on the cruise ship then the night club to dance the night away.

I also am in the process of losing (3 more pounds till my goal weight!! YAY!), cutting out the sodas was the first thing I did. That alone without changing any other eating habits lost me 6 pounds in about 3 weeks. That is what got me modivated! Now, I've lost 35 pounds with 3 more to go. You can do it!

Thanks for the motivation/pep talk!!!! I am working on it! I have to admit I am now freaking a bit with less than TWO MONTHS remaining! A jackpot lottery winning seems more attainable right now than getting into my beloved dress so my true beloved is dazzled.

Funny, I wasn't so freaked two weeks ago.

Sigh.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

JulieRose... just WOW and congrats on the 52lbs. My fiance hid the scale because I am getting obsessed with it. I will weigh in every two weeks. I basically never ate bad stuff... it was Soda, Wine, Coffee (w/cream) and not eating on a regular schedule (due to work) that got me off track. So I am drinking black coffee (2 cups at most), herbal tea w/sweet-n-low, and water. I bring protein bars to work and usually eat salad at night unless I only ate two protein bars that day and need fish or chicken. My clothes feel a TINY bit looser but I haven't made it to the gym yet. That is next on the list now that I have everything pretty much done.

By the way! You look great in that picture. Good job! And remember it is easier to take it in, than let it out.

Thank you, my seamstress was not nearly as congratulatory! (BTW, she says she can fix the dress. We'll see when we pick it up on March 7th.)

The thing that was crazy for me is that I now eat and drink more than I did before weight watchers. I was not eating enough in an effort to lose so my body went into starvation mode and just kept packing it on. It sounds like with only 2 protein bars and a salad you might be doing the same thing.

Here's my typical day when trying to lose:

Breakfast- Yogurt & Fiber One Bar

Snack- CheezeIt 100 cal pack

Lunch- Salad w/ 1tbsp fat free dressing and baby bell cheese

Snack- Keebler chocolate covered pretzels 100 cal pack

Dinner- Small chicken breast, mixed vegetables, glass of wine (sometimes 2 ;) )

Again, this is just what worked for me. I am in no way an authority on weight loss.

WOW! The notebook/pens idea is awesome! I saw the notebooks on vistaprint but figured nobody would want them.... but putting all of that great information in the front cover makes it so worthwhile. Now I have something else to do. Did you see the using the business cards to make luggage tags idea earlier? I think my 50 came to about $20 using ebay and vistaprint with a discount link from retailmenot.com... I got invitations and all my printed stuff for about 50% off and free shipping. I printed enough RSVP, Invites, Thank you notes, etc for 70 people for under $100.

I just LOVE yours though! Thanks for the share!

Thanks! I really like them too. I spent a very long time getting things just how I wanted them. Those notebooks were actually pretty expensive if I remember correctly. They were on sale (30% or 40% off I think) and I had a groupon for 75% ($15 for $60 worth of stuff) off though so it was affordable for me to do it but if memory serves, I would never pay full price for them. Find a coupon!! EDIT: I just checked vistaprint. When not on sale, the 5 I got would cost $60! IDK but for $12 each, they're probably not worth it. The quality is nice but not $12 notebook nice!

I just posted a thread with all of my OOT bag stuff in it. I think the pics were not showing before but they should be now. I tried to make my favors as much about the cruise as about the wedding because, really, after the first day of the cruise, it's "just" a cruise.

NAME? LaKisha

AGE? 28

LINE/SHIP Carnival Magic

WEDDING PORT Montego Bay, Jamaica

WEDDING DATE 12~5~12

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)?8 years

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING?We LOVE cruising this will be cruise #3 for the both of us

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? About 15 sailing and aboout 6 will be flying in to Jamaica and staying at the resort were getting married at

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? Marrying the LOVE OF MY LIFE on 12~5~12 in Beautiful Montego Bay!

NAME? LaKisha

AGE? 28

LINE/SHIP Carnival Magic

WEDDING PORT Montego Bay, Jamaica

WEDDING DATE 12~5~12

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)?8 years

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING?We LOVE cruising this will be cruise #3 for the both of us

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? About 15 sailing and aboout 6 will be flying in to Jamaica and staying at the resort were getting married at

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? Marrying the LOVE OF MY LIFE on 12~5~12 in Beautiful Montego Bay!

Congrats!!

I am also a Carnival Magic bride, but I am getting married on the ship on embarkation day! Are you having your reception back onboard? If so, set up an appointment to tour the ship. They will show you all the location you might have. Also, you get lunch and to walk around and enjoy the ship yourself! It is so much fun and it lets you see how perfect Magic is!!:D

Thanks for the motivation/pep talk!!!! I am working on it! I have to admit I am now freaking a bit with less than TWO MONTHS remaining! A jackpot lottery winning seems more attainable right now than getting into my beloved dress so my true beloved is dazzled.

Funny, I wasn't so freaked two weeks ago.

Sigh.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Just wanted to let you know I met my goal today! And just in time... I have my first dress fitting tomorrow! I am now at the weight I wanted to be at for my wedding! If I can do it I know you can! (I am a junk food fanatic! LOL). Now to maintain.. I have a feeling this is going to be the hard part for me. :eek:

Congrats!!

I am also a Carnival Magic bride, but I am getting married on the ship on embarkation day! Are you having your reception back onboard? If so, set up an appointment to tour the ship. They will show you all the location you might have. Also, you get lunch and to walk around and enjoy the ship yourself! It is so much fun and it lets you see how perfect Magic is!!:D

Thanks! Actually we are having our reception at the resort in Jamaica! and this will be my Fiance' and I 2nd time on the Magic... We took the inaugural sailing out of Galveston on November 14th! So we absolutely LOVE this ship and can't wait to get back on her! Congrats to you as well and cant wait to here reviews of your Magical Wedding! :)

I'm planning the events and activities for a group sailing with the wedding couple on Carnival Legend on April 29. Am having such fun planning this. Have produced gift bags with personalized shampoo & conditioner, hand sanitizer & mouthwash - labels printed in the bride's wedding color. Also adding reusable water bottles, sewing kits, document holders, Hershey kisses, packets of Tide detergent (for washing things out in the sink), tissues, lanyards for holding card keys, custom labeled bottles of water and a "message in a bottle" which will include all the activities we are planning to do as a group so that the guests who are sailing can join in if they wish. We're planning shore excursions just for the wedding group, on-board activities, cocktail parties and other gatherings. I'm sailing with the group to coordinate everything so the bride and groom will be care free the entire time.

This is a blast, I think I should have just been a wedding or special events planner.

I'm planning the events and activities for a group sailing with the wedding couple on Carnival Legend on April 29. Am having such fun planning this. Have produced gift bags with personalized shampoo & conditioner, hand sanitizer & mouthwash - labels printed in the bride's wedding color. Also adding reusable water bottles, sewing kits, document holders, Hershey kisses, packets of Tide detergent (for washing things out in the sink), tissues, lanyards for holding card keys, custom labeled bottles of water and a "message in a bottle" which will include all the activities we are planning to do as a group so that the guests who are sailing can join in if they wish. We're planning shore excursions just for the wedding group, on-board activities, cocktail parties and other gatherings. I'm sailing with the group to coordinate everything so the bride and groom will be care free the entire time.

This is a blast, I think I should have just been a wedding or special events planner.

I'm a travel agent and I booked my own wedding cruise group and I didn't even thank of this!!! This is a great idea!!! Do you want to cruise with me too? :D

I am getting married on June 23, 2012 on Carnival Ecstasy. We are getting married in port on embarkation day! I am looking for wedding favors and I am going to make my own flowers. I was surprised that I had to pay an extra 75.00 just to play a cd for the ceremony since I am bringing my own music. Not only do you have to pay for the ceremony to have someone push play, but also the dj at the reception which I can understand.

It is all going to work out though. I am looking for favors to have. i am undecided about the cake top. My colors are purple and silver. I am planning the entire wedding myself and it seems like I am leaving something out.

I appreciate all of the reviews and help or any tips you may have.

Hey are you sure you can have a DJ on embarkation day? From what I read in the documents it said it wasn't permissible. If it is then I am going to attempt to have a DJ as well if not get someone to make a great cd for my reception.

Do you have any guests traveling with you? I'm very psyched for the sailing with so many good friends and family of the bride & groom, should make it even more fun. Got to admit, CCL isn't that easy to deal with when it comes to groups, but it's coming along well. Have to pay $1 a piece just to have gift bags delivered to cabins, but if I hung them on the doorknobs they could very well be taken by others.

I am working on my wedding favors now. Be careful for all of the extra charges that Carnival charges. You don't realize until you need something what it will be. For instance, I have to pay someone 75.00 to play a cd for someone to sing with. Thjey don't allow the officiant/coordinators microphone to be shared so you have to pay for a event technician to play that cd. The coordinator will play the rest you bring if you choose your own music. Just don't understand why they couldn't use the same microphone since its not like they will be using it while someone is singing. Also, Make sure you only have 3 ceremony songs. If you have a fourth one,. an extra charge is coming your way!

Best wishes and good luck to all of you.

Congrats!!! We both have only 119 days to go! It will fly by. How is your preparation coming along?

Best Wishes Little Miss!

So far so good o_O we are looking at Vista Print to make T-Shirts for our guest since it will be hard to have all the extra stuff since we are flying in. We also thought of personalized jump drives for the gifts as well, just little things easy to travel with. How are things with you?? I am so excited ;0) Best wishes to you too ecstasybride2012

Archived