2012 Cruise Brides

Tasha4199

Getting Married on the Glory March 18, 2011 ( well actually we are doing a vow renewal but keeping it a serect that we will already be married because there was no room anymore to book a actually wedding but that is ok because it ended up being much cheaper to do it this way and not such a hurry to get on the boat! ) and actually get to do the ceramony on a sea day. ) SO YAH for the 2012 brides!!!!

I thought about doing that. Do you have to be married a certain length of time? Also is there any big differences between the vow renewal and wedding?

I am coming in late on this one. Hello everyone :)

NAME? Michelle

AGE? 25

LINE/SHIP Carnival Magic

WEDDING PORT Galveston, Tx

WEDDING DATE October 21, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? Over 6 years

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? I was a photographer at a cruise wedding and it was a lot of fun. Also, we didn't want to deal with the setting up or cleaning.

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? 3 sailing guests and 45 non-sailing

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? Finally getting married and the cruise itself. I love to travel

When are you getting married: December, 12 2012

Which cruise line and ship: Carnival Liberty

Type of Cruise Wedding: I am getting married in Puerto Rico through a private wedding planner.

Entertainment: Don't know yet.

Wedding Colors: Don't know yet.

How many guests? So far we have about 20 people, looking at having at least 40.

What do you have done so far?

-Wedding website is completed.

-Cruise chosen, wedding planner chosen.

Currently working on? Emailing Carnival about reception, emailing wedding planner.

Our cruise is 7 days, Bahamas, day at sea, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico and Grand Turk. We'll use the day in Grand Turk as our honeymoon! Then another day at sea.

Alright another bride getting married on 12/12/12!! We're actually taking the Carnival Victory out of San Juan...getting married in Barbados.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies! This is my first post as a "cruise ship bride" - we have cruised a few times before with RCCL, but I've never been to a cruise wedding, so I am full of questions! First, my fiance and I want to get married on a private island (specifically NCL's Great Stirrup Cay) - but since a marriage cannot be recognized on an island, we will have all of the paper work finalized before our cruise.

Have any of you considered doing your wedding on a private island? I realize it's not ideal because of the licensing issues, but we are on a very tight budget and can't afford to pay the $3,000 they were asking for the Nassau wedding through NCL.

We have also considered doing it on the boat deck while at port. Does anyone know of any regulations against doing this?

Any suggestions, tips or advice would be MUCH appreciated!!

Hi Ladies! This is my first post as a "cruise ship bride" - we have cruised a few times before with RCCL, but I've never been to a cruise wedding, so I am full of questions! First, my fiance and I want to get married on a private island (specifically NCL's Great Stirrup Cay) - but since a marriage cannot be recognized on an island, we will have all of the paper work finalized before our cruise.

Have any of you considered doing your wedding on a private island? I realize it's not ideal because of the licensing issues, but we are on a very tight budget and can't afford to pay the $3,000 they were asking for the Nassau wedding through NCL.

We have also considered doing it on the boat deck while at port. Does anyone know of any regulations against doing this?

:DWe are getting married on the beach at Nassau, it is a lot of money but still ½ as much as we were going to spend on a traditional wedding. It was hard to fork out the money, and the crazy part is all of the extras you have to pay for on top of the $3000, Like $400 for an arch and the cost of extra chairs lol the list goes on and on but one option we were looking a is doing a vow renewal, you would have to get married in your home town a few months or weeks (I cant remember how long) but then you do not have to worry about the marriage not being recognized and you can have the ceremony on the ship. We went through Carnival and their “renewal” package was a lot cheaper like $250.00 the bad part was it had to be done at the ship, but the caption is the one that does it, you get pictures and some extra gifts included in the price. It is an options and it is really similar to a wedding ceremony.

I'm getting married on May 5 on the Carnival Paradise out of Tampa. I guess I have a fellow bride on the cruise. I see ashleyw is getting married on May 5 on the Paradise as well. I'll see you there!

I also have at least one other bride on my sailing who is not a CC member. Not sure how to feel about that.

The cruise lines won't marry people on the deck, not sure why but they won't.

Regarding the private island wedding, Carnival does weddings on their private island in a really cute chapel. I've been to both the Carnival Island and the NCL island and I really think the Carnival island is much nicer. If you want more info on it and you're willing or interested in doing a Carnival wedding I can email you the pricing.

-Jul

So excited to receive the call from Carnival today finalizing all of my wedding details. They let me know what rooms and the time. The person I spoke to was Lacey and she was super nice. Told me what to expect and went over every last detail. I had some anxiety over a few things and she was very patient and thorough. 17 more days!!!! Its all becoming more real now. So excited!!!! :D

NAME? Laura

AGE? 41

LINE/SHIP Carnival Destiny

WEDDING PORT Key West

WEDDING DATE Friday April 13, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? over 4 years

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? Family & friends are spread out all over the country. I wanted our families to REALLY get to know each other and we thought it would be fun to spend some extra time with friends and family. Plus... if I had my wedding locally there would be around 300 guests and I don't want the chaos!

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? Maybe around 20 sailing (the numbers may go up) and maybe another 6 non-sailing. I've only invited family and very close friends, but with it being a school week, some of my good friends just can't go. I chose this date so my 17 year old future daughter could attend (she is my MOH, my son is BM)

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? Seeing all of our family together while we get married in the gazebo he proposed to me in.

WHAT HAVE I DONE SO FAR? I have my dress BUT it is too tight on top now so I am in MAJOR diet mode. :( We have the MOH dress. Created our Invitations today. Scoped out our Cozumel day (looks like we will probably go to Nachi Cocom Beach Club $55 all-inclusive). Chose the location (Key West Garden Club Gazebo - he proposed there last May) Planned a 3 hour charter with the trolley in Key West to bring us from the ship to the site and then tour the island and bring us back (booking in about 3 weeks when I know my headcount better). I'm way behind on finalizing plans and don't have a photographer/videographer yet. I'm not doing real flowers so we are looking into options. We haven't decided on my fiance or my son's attire (tux or casual). Colors are Hot Pink and Black. It just hit me today that this is WAY past crunch time so I am on it now. I have not booked the cruise yet, but will do it Friday. I'm glad I hadn't yet, because we almost did the Valor and changed our minds this past Friday (we were back and forth on it). But we finally decided and now I am on task. Thank goodness my sister-in-law lives for weddings and is begging to help! I was going to do everything myself and LOW KEY but she is going to help and promised to not go over the top so I am grateful for her help!!! I don't think we will do a formal onboard reception and have the tour replace it. That is still up in the air.

So, I'm going to have to look for another dress in case I don't lose enough by then (around 20 pounds sadly) and I am bummed out about it because it was a PERFECT dress.

Thought I would share a bit more. I have been reading the posts here looking for ideas (I'm still looking). I am making beach bags for our guests that have a nice towel, luggage tags (someone posted about business cards from vistaprint and covers from Ebay and I LOVED that idea), Aloe, Reef safe sunscreen, bottles of water with our covers on them, a romance novel, and playing cards with our pictures on them. I was going to do candles but just saw that those are prohibited???? Now I have too many candles at home.

CruiserJess, hope your wedding goes well. I would love to meet you onboard! I also would like to compare notes on some Key West rates. Are you getting flowers? I heard you can't bring them onto the ship but I don't know why so I was looking at some other options (wedidit.com I think is the site). Is Weddingstogo helpful and worthwhile? I have been looking at them too. I also am probably booking City View Trolley... which one are you using? We are doing the 8:15 dinner seating and I hope that they have large enough tables (maybe 10/12 at each I hope)... have you heard anything from Carnival about this?

So many questions, so much to do and SOOOOO little time now - YIKES!

We will be on the Carnival Magic 9/2/12. Getting married on the 6th while at port in Grand Cayman. Can't wait. Looking for any suggestions/recommendations regarding the Cayman Islands.

Be careful! Get trip insurance. Have a backup plan too! On TWO out of TWO cruises (Celebrity and Holland America) that I was supposed to go to that port, they cancelled. Said they couldn't tender in because of the waves. Hate to be a Debbie Downer - but that port I haven't had luck with yet. Other than that ... I have nothing to share.

Good luck to you!!!! Hope it works out great!

CruiserJess, hope your wedding goes well. I would love to meet you onboard! I also would like to compare notes on some Key West rates. Are you getting flowers? I heard you can't bring them onto the ship but I don't know why so I was looking at some other options (wedidit.com I think is the site). Is Weddingstogo helpful and worthwhile? I have been looking at them too. I also am probably booking City View Trolley... which one are you using? We are doing the 8:15 dinner seating and I hope that they have large enough tables (maybe 10/12 at each I hope)... have you heard anything from Carnival about this?

So many questions, so much to do and SOOOOO little time now - YIKES!

Weddingstogo has been great! Very helpful and so affordable! We ordered our flowers last week from WEDIDEAS.COM . The photos look great and they were also very affordable! We booked our trolleys through the same ones that Carnival uses to pick everyone up from the Navy pier. We had to up to 2 trolley as we are now up to 55 sailing guests and 4 just joining us in Key West. We have the early seating and in 2 weeks the dining dept will get our group list to seat everyone around each other. I think the tables sit maybe 8? I am trying to remember from past cruises. In Cozumel we are going to Paradise Beach and inviting anyone who wants to come. Many of our guests are first time cruisers so we don't want to take over there entire vaca and just giving them the option to meet with us. I did the luggage tag invites and they came out great! Used ribbon to attach the tag and it is adorable. Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas. Would love to help!!

NetGoddess- Sorry to hear about your dress. I'm having issues in that department too except exactly the opposite. I lost too much weight and now my dress is more of a tent.

Not that I'm authorized to give diet advice but I'll share what worked for me. Have you considered Weight Watchers? My parents and I are all on it. I lost 52lbs in 6 mos (been maintaining since last summer), my mother (who is tiny to begin with) has lost about 12 lbs in the last 4 weeks and my dad just started last week and has already lost 7.5lbs. It really depends on where you're starting from but I lost the first 20lbs in about a month. It's a quick, healthy way to achieve what you're trying to do.

Good luck. Here's hoping we both get to wear our first choice of dresses.

I wish I had the opposite problem right now. I've been so busy working that I haven't gone to the gym. I know how to lose weight (I lost 160 pounds in 2005) but I have gotten some bad habits lately and have broken my own rules in the past two years. I'm trying to rectify it (eat small meals 5 times a day instead of two big ones, cut out wine, etc). Hopefully you will be able to take yours in. What is strange for me is it fits the waist but my bust has increased again. It laces up the back so I just have to see if it will look OK or be too wide an opening in the back with the laces. I was shopping with a friend way before I got engaged and the store was closing it's doors and I saw the dress I drooled over in magazines and it was in my size (then). A $3000 dress that I paid $300 for. It is definite motivation for dieting!!!!

What is the name of the trolley company you are using that carnival uses? Would you mind sharing the rates for them? Is it by the trolley or per person? I think we are going to be under 30 people (hopefully).

That is a little weird but that's how I ended up with all of my mothers old dresses. She gained a bit of weight and it all went to her chest. Now that's a problem I wish I had. My gown is much closer to fitting in the waist than the chest or hips. It fit when I bought it but that was also about 4-5 years ago.

Archived