2012 Cruise Brides

Tasha4199

NAME: Kimberly

LINE/SHIP: royal Caribbean oasis of the seas

WEDDING PORT: St. Thomas

WEDDING DATE: 12/4/12

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B: since nov. 9th 2007. Engaged June 25th 2011

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? It perfectly describes us! We love to cruise. Obvi. Plus I'd def go over board if I was having a traditional wedding. I'm a wedding photographer and I feel like I've seen it all so this is a breath of fresh air

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? 20 sailing now. Invited 50 10 more say they are going to try and book.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO: Our ceremony. My fiancé is not one for many words and we are writing our own vows. Then I can't wait for all the moments captured. We are bringing our videographers and photographers on board. I can't wait. Is it December yet!!

NAME: Whitney

LINE/SHIP: Carnival Elation

WEDDING PORT: New Orleans

WEDDING DATE: 04/07/2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B: Jan 2011, we have been together since our 1st date

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? Wanted to do something different. I am the last of my firends to get married and decided on a 5 day party instead of a 3 hour one.

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? 20 sailing. 62 non-sailing.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO: Getting married to my best friend. Also, I am in need of a vacation.

Getting married 7/1/2012 on Carnival Magic!

Is anyone adding additional items to their cake? (ribbons, decorations, cake topper?)

we're adding a cake topper, ribbon and rhinestone ribbon at no charge on Princess. wanted roses too but they wanted to charge us $15 per rose. That's just crazy.

I am getting married on June 23, 2012 on Carnival Ecstasy. We are getting married in port on embarkation day! I am looking for wedding favors and I am going to make my own flowers. I was surprised that I had to pay an extra 75.00 just to play a cd for the ceremony since I am bringing my own music. Not only do you have to pay for the ceremony to have someone push play, but also the dj at the reception which I can understand.

It is all going to work out though. I am looking for favors to have. i am undecided about the cake top. My colors are purple and silver. I am planning the entire wedding myself and it seems like I am leaving something out.

I appreciate all of the reviews and help or any tips you may have.

just bought my wedding dress last week for my 10/27/12 wedding on carnival fascination! so excited!

Anyone have any ideas they can share for wedding favors?

i'm planning the wedding pretty much myself, like ecstacybride2012 said. and any information would be greatly appreciated :)

What's everyone's wedding colors? mine are tiffany, ivory, and silver!

just bought my wedding dress last week for my 10/27/12 wedding on carnival fascination! so excited!

i'm planning the wedding pretty much myself, like ecstacybride2012 said. and any information would be greatly appreciated :)

Congratulations! Where are the pics of the dress?

For our wedding we are giving away little mini bottles of Captain Morgan rum and a toy chest with chocolate covered coins.

NAME? Brittany

AGE? 28--29 when it's wedding time!

LINE/SHIP Carnival Victory

WEDDING PORT St. Thomas USVI

WEDDING DATE 11/5/12

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? 13 years in April...HS sweethearts :)

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? We didn't want a big huge wedding, and a cruise seemed like the cheapest and funnest way to make sure our families can be there.

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? 12, attempting to get all of them to sail since we're getting married in port, 2 are on the fence.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? Finally being married! And going on our first cruise with our parents, siblings, and BFFS! So excited!

Yes it will work out!

I am getting married on June 23, 2012 on Carnival Ecstasy. We are getting married in port on embarkation day! I am looking for wedding favors and I am going to make my own flowers. I was surprised that I had to pay an extra 75.00 just to play a cd for the ceremony since I am bringing my own music. Not only do you have to pay for the ceremony to have someone push play, but also the dj at the reception which I can understand.

It is all going to work out though. I am looking for favors to have. i am undecided about the cake top. My colors are purple and silver. I am planning the entire wedding myself and it seems like I am leaving something out.

I appreciate all of the reviews and help or any tips you may have.

Congratulations! Where are the pics of the dress?

For our wedding we are giving away little mini bottles of Captain Morgan rum and a toy chest with chocolate covered coins.

That's a cute idea! who are you sailing with? Did you go through them to purchase the favors or are they allowing you to bring on the mini bottles and chocolate?

That's a cute idea! who are you sailing with? Did you go through them to purchase the favors or are they allowing you to bring on the mini bottles and chocolate?

Beautiful dress!

No, I purchased the bottles through an small distributor in my area. The chocolates and mini chests I plan to order online. In reading some posts, think I'll be fine distributing the bottles as gifts on the ship.

NetGoddess- Sorry to hear about your dress. I'm having issues in that department too except exactly the opposite. I lost too much weight and now my dress is more of a tent.

Not that I'm authorized to give diet advice but I'll share what worked for me. Have you considered Weight Watchers? My parents and I are all on it. I lost 52lbs in 6 mos (been maintaining since last summer), my mother (who is tiny to begin with) has lost about 12 lbs in the last 4 weeks and my dad just started last week and has already lost 7.5lbs. It really depends on where you're starting from but I lost the first 20lbs in about a month. It's a quick, healthy way to achieve what you're trying to do.

Good luck. Here's hoping we both get to wear our first choice of dresses.

JulieRose... just WOW and congrats on the 52lbs. My fiance hid the scale because I am getting obsessed with it. I will weigh in every two weeks. I basically never ate bad stuff... it was Soda, Wine, Coffee (w/cream) and not eating on a regular schedule (due to work) that got me off track. So I am drinking black coffee (2 cups at most), herbal tea w/sweet-n-low, and water. I bring protein bars to work and usually eat salad at night unless I only ate two protein bars that day and need fish or chicken. My clothes feel a TINY bit looser but I haven't made it to the gym yet. That is next on the list now that I have everything pretty much done.

By the way! You look great in that picture. Good job! And remember it is easier to take it in, than let it out.

WOW! The notebook/pens idea is awesome! I saw the notebooks on vistaprint but figured nobody would want them.... but putting all of that great information in the front cover makes it so worthwhile. Now I have something else to do. Did you see the using the business cards to make luggage tags idea earlier? I think my 50 came to about $20 using ebay and vistaprint with a discount link from retailmenot.com... I got invitations and all my printed stuff for about 50% off and free shipping. I printed enough RSVP, Invites, Thank you notes, etc for 70 people for under $100.

I just LOVE yours though! Thanks for the share!

I have my Fiance's 17 yo daughter as my MOH (no other attendants - keeping it simple and without hurt feelings from my friends) and she and I went shopping in December to find her dress. I had decided that my colors would be whatever she chose for the dress. So it is HOT PINK/BLACK... and that dress is adorable. However, she was so sweet. She came out of the dressing room just "swishing" and I knew it was her favorite. She said, oh it is cute but it just doesn't say wedding. I told her it is MY wedding and I think it is perfect. We put it on hold so she could try on others around town but I didn't see that look. I bought it the next day. Now she helped me decide the colors and she will wear it again for prom. The look on her face is what sold it and I don't have buyers remorse... it works for us. Plus now my fiance and son (BM) and brother (giving me away) have to wear black suits with HOT PINK ties. LOL... it is a bonus wouldn't you say!!!!

And I am determined to fit into that perfect dress I bought awhile ago... A-line Maggie Sottero that I fell in love with in a magazine.

JulieRose... just WOW and congrats on the 52lbs. My fiance hid the scale because I am getting obsessed with it. I will weigh in every two weeks. I basically never ate bad stuff... it was Soda, Wine, Coffee (w/cream) and not eating on a regular schedule (due to work) that got me off track. So I am drinking black coffee (2 cups at most), herbal tea w/sweet-n-low, and water. I bring protein bars to work and usually eat salad at night unless I only ate two protein bars that day and need fish or chicken. My clothes feel a TINY bit looser but I haven't made it to the gym yet. That is next on the list now that I have everything pretty much done.

By the way! You look great in that picture. Good job! And remember it is easier to take it in, than let it out.

I also am in the process of losing (3 more pounds till my goal weight!! YAY!), cutting out the sodas was the first thing I did. That alone without changing any other eating habits lost me 6 pounds in about 3 weeks. That is what got me modivated! Now, I've lost 35 pounds with 3 more to go. You can do it!

Archived