Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Hi ladies, I'm planning my outfits for my upcoming MSC cruise round the Eastern Med so thought I'd share the latest revision...

I know it's a bit hard to see what the dresses look like hung up as oppose to worn but you will hopefully get the gist. Oh and don't worry I will be doing some serious ironing, these are taken straight out my very packed wardrobes! :rolleyes:

Just read your latest blog and I can picture you in these cute outfits. Have a fabulous time!

Edited by Scrapnana

Lara,

I LOVED seeing the entire cruise wardrobe - very cool! They are are great and you are going to have so much fun.

Lanmar, that black dress is really elegant - nice find!

Debbie (Debinnova)

Edited by Debinnova

I didn't realize that there were height requirements to wear a gown...sometimes I wear my gowns with flats because my feet hurt. I'm 5'2"....we are only as limited as we believe.

The other Sharon :)

I am the same height as you are! Can you tell me where do you buy or which brand of gowns you have? I tried a couple from different stores but they are always too long for me, although wearing my 4 inches heels.

Have just loved looking at all the great dresses !!

I just got this one for our December Cruise :)

and I lucked out and got some great day "carribbean" day summer dress from a store in Canada called "Giant Tiger" :)

http://www.1-plus.com/robe-longue-%C3%A0-imprim%C3%A9-tropical/306438,fr_CA,pd.html?dwvar_306438_color=Leaf&start=2&cgid=AE-Apparel-Dresses

Plus my dress in my profile picture is my "go to" dress from Laura Plus (in Canada) .... I love love love it and it flares out with inset panels at the bottom ... LOL I even had my hubby film me walking in the dress I love it so much lol

Edited by cat_in_cda

and I lucked out and got some great day "carribbean" day summer dress from a store in Canada called "Giant Tiger" :)

http://www.1-plus.com/robe-longue-%C3%A0-imprim%C3%A9-tropical/306438,fr_CA,pd.html?dwvar_306438_color=Leaf&start=2&cgid=AE-Apparel-Dresses

Plus my dress in my profile picture is my "go to" dress from Laura Plus (in Canada) .... I love love love it and it flares out with inset panels at the bottom ... LOL I even had my hubby film me walking in the dress I love it so much lol

This dress is very pretty:)

I got this dress today:).....originally 129.00....marked down to 77.00

and then marked down again to 41.00:D

It is prettier in person......I got it at Chico's.

3664533-800

Edited by Lois R

Great dress. I love the way the blues and greens flow into the pinks, corals and yellow.

Are those 3 the ones you got at Giant Tiger? Quite impressive :)

I also saw that dress the other day at addition-elle!! I am looking for a maxi but I am 'vertically challenged' so whatever I get will most likely need to be hemmed - so I need to find one that won't be 'affected' with like 10 inches cut off the bottom! LOL :)

Are those 3 the ones you got at Giant Tiger? Quite impressive :)

I also saw that dress the other day at addition-elle!! I am looking for a maxi but I am 'vertically challenged' so whatever I get will most likely need to be hemmed - so I need to find one that won't be 'affected' with like 10 inches cut off the bottom! LOL :)

The 3 dresses were from another CC's post and I was just commenting that I loved all her dresses including the ones on the bed ... :-) when I have a moment I will try and get some pics on my giant tiger dresses and post them :-) ... I did not realize that Giant Tiger had a plus size section and have bought several things since then :-)

The 3 dresses were from another CC's post and I was just commenting that I loved all her dresses including the ones on the bed ... :-) when I have a moment I will try and get some pics on my giant tiger dresses and post them :-) ... I did not realize that Giant Tiger had a plus size section and have bought several things since then :-)

Thanks - would love to see them - I too didn't realize they had a plus size section and would be interested - I don't normally wear dresses as I find I don't look good in them and hard to find something that fits properly! :)

I have a question - please advise if there is a better thread to ask this!

My next cruise is a New England/Canada fall cruise this September. So instead of shorts, capris, etc., I could be dealing with warm weather or very cold/chilly weather.

I need advice from those in the know!

Here is what I'm thinking to take:

Couple of formal night outfits

Two pair of jeans (for cooler port days)

Khaki pants/probably cropped (for cooler port days)

Black slacks or long skirt with flowy tops with a bit of bling for evenings

Capri pants (black, tan and at least one colorful pair) in case it is actually warmer in port and for on the ship

Short sleeve tops/tees, 3/4 sleeve tops/tees

Sweater and a couple of layering jackets

Rain jacket or Pancho

For shoes, at least one pair of sandals for day (in case it is warm in port) and 2 pair of dressy shoes for evening

and several pair of comfy cute flats - different styles

Does this sound right? It is so different from our caribbean cruise - don't know how people will be dressed during the day!

Debbie

Laurie - fab dress!

Jan - We will be going to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Saint John, New Brunswich, as well as Portland, Bar Harbor and one more - it escapes me at the moment. Also spending a couple days in Boston before the cruise.

We will take some shorter tours, but like to either make our own way around town, etc. We are not hikers, etc., more walking around town, shopping and going to a few sites.

I'm trying to picture what everyone will be wearing during the day in port (I guess it will depend the weather) and onboard sea days.

If you are in London, you might want to check out Talize (Huron & Highbury) on Monday, June 24 - everything 50% off. That can be a great place to pick up cruise wear. They open 7:00 AM Monday for the sale. :D

I have a question - please advise if there is a better thread to ask this!

My next cruise is a New England/Canada fall cruise this September. So instead of shorts, capris, etc., I could be dealing with warm weather or very cold/chilly weather.

I need advice from those in the know!

Here is what I'm thinking to take:

Couple of formal night outfits

Two pair of jeans (for cooler port days)

Khaki pants/probably cropped (for cooler port days)

Black slacks or long skirt with flowy tops with a bit of bling for evenings

Capri pants (black, tan and at least one colorful pair) in case it is actually warmer in port and for on the ship

Short sleeve tops/tees, 3/4 sleeve tops/tees

Sweater and a couple of layering jackets

Rain jacket or Pancho

For shoes, at least one pair of sandals for day (in case it is warm in port) and 2 pair of dressy shoes for evening

and several pair of comfy cute flats - different styles

Does this sound right? It is so different from our caribbean cruise - don't know how people will be dressed during the day!

Debbie

Hi Debbie:) I have not done the itinerary but I do know the NE

can get chilly in September. What shoes are you planning to

wear on your tours/excursions? I don't know what type of touring

you plan on doing but for those ports but I recommend something

good for walking.

Lois - that was my thought too on the walking with shoes. Sometime cold is a matter of where one is from ... The end of September is fall around here (I live about an hour away from Bar Harbor). It can be cold in the morning and then warm in the afternoon (warm being in the low 70's). Layering works for clothes. Jan

Judy,

Those are beautiful!! I love the color and design...I agree, you can never have too many shoes..:);)...I love Nina's....they are always so stylish and always so comfortable.

quote=IrishLassie;38883526]Just got these shoes to go with the dress I'm wearing in my picture above. Love them & they're so comfy! :D Didn't need them, but one can never have enough shoes! :p

20130621_101759_zpsa4c8ca39.jpg