Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I just got this one for our December Cruise :)

and I lucked out and got some great day "carribbean" day summer dress from a store in Canada called "Giant Tiger" :)

I haven't looked in Giant Tiger yet this season. I'll have to pop in for a look.

A friend in Markham seems to have better luck with the plus size selection in her stores then the one in Newmarket that I go to.

My next cruise is a New England/Canada fall cruise this September. So instead of shorts, capris, etc., I could be dealing with warm weather or very cold/chilly weather.

Fall weather in Canada during September can really vary in temperature. In 2005 I wore a sleeveless dress during our outdoor wedding and was very comfortable.

During our New England/Canada cruise I wore medium or lightweight pants and a couple pairs of capris. I had a lightweight polar fleece sweater or a rain jacket on in the morning and by noon I'd be down to my t-shirt. I least one day I only needed a long sleeved t-shirt. Pretty much wore my ECCO walking sandals in every port.

Be sure to take a comfortable waterproof jacket. I rained twice on our cruise in Boston and Newport.

In Bar Harbour, Maine we used took the free hop-on, hop-off Island Explorer bus from Bar Harbor into the Acadia National Park and only payed $5 each for the park fee. We'd do it again.

http://www.exploreacadia.com/

In Halifax we walked to the Citadel fort on the top of the hill and toured it for $11.70/adult in 2009. Then we went back down towards the ship and did the Alexander Keith's brewery tour. It was cute, all the tour guides are period costumed and tell you that your modern clothing looks like you're only wearing your undergarments.

Edited by KandCsailing

Kerri,

Thanks for all of the insight. I think I will just take some jeans, khaki type crops and capris and layer on the top and I should be good! And thanks for the insight on the port tours!

IrishLassie - those shoes are gorgeous!

Debbie

I am the same height as you are! Can you tell me where do you buy or which brand of gowns you have? I tried a couple from different stores but they are always too long for me, although wearing my 4 inches heels.

At 5'2" I get my gowns hemmed, LOL!:D I like to have them hemmed so that they hit just above the floor if I need to wear them with flats, and they still look great with heels. I have seen petites in Macy's and Dillards, such as Adrianna Pappell, Lauren, and Alex Evening. Saks used to carry them. Ann Taylor online has "bridesmaid" dresses in evening gown length in petites.

At 5'2" I get my gowns hemmed, LOL!:D I like to have them hemmed so that they hit just above the floor if I need to wear them with flats, and they still look great with heels. I have seen petites in Macy's and Dillards, such as Adrianna Pappell, Lauren, and Alex Evening. Saks used to carry them. Ann Taylor online has "bridesmaid" dresses in evening gown length in petites.

I'm 5'3" and usually can get by without having gowns hemmed, if my heels are high enough, but I have had a couple of gowns hemmed. About a 3" heel is all I can do, though, and that's only if they are comfy.

Maxi dresses can be a problem too, but I have found a couple that fit without hemming, if I wear heels or wedges.

Petite dresses just don't fit me right; they are always too short-waisted; in fact petite slacks don't fit me in the rise either.

I used to be 5' 4", darned shrinkage!

Irish Lassie, love those blue shoes.

Wore this dress to an engagement party last night...considering taking it on my upcoming cruise!

[ATTACH]276654[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cute dress & you look great in it ! :) I think it would be perfect for a cruise.

For those that are petite, I've seen ladies knot their maxi dresses/skirts and thought it looked super cute~

http://www.fashionbyhe.com/2012/07/tying-knot-in-long-maxi-dress.html

http://lapetitefashionista.blogspot.com/2012/05/try-this-trend-knotted-maxi-skirts.html

I loveeee this trend. It's a nice, simple way to spice up your outfit.

For those that are petite, I've seen ladies knot their maxi dresses/skirts and thought it looked super cute~

http://lapetitefashionista.blogspot.com/2012/05/try-this-trend-knotted-maxi-skirts.html

Interesting; it could save a lot of hemming. But I think you'd have to be careful making the knot or it would look like a mess. I wonder -- I have some clips that I used to use to shorten t-shirts similarly -- could I use them on a maxi dress?

Hemmed..... Stupid me, why didn't I think about it before? I think I just want an easy way out, grab the cocktail dress and go. :D

I live in Hamburg, Germany. We don't have these stores. I think I need to find some Italian brands, they always have smaller sizes.

Thanks for your reply!

Thanks for the links. I won't say they don't look good. But what is the reason to buy a maxi dress when it's way TOO long and you need to make a knot by yourself? I am just too lazy...

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well!:)

Well, it's that time again...

time to start looking for cruise clothes.

I made my first purchase tonight. I wasn't sure about the color...

I hope it is at least as dark as it appears in the photo.

Sure hope it fits...I may not even have to have this one hemmed!;)

Just wanted to share...everyone have a great evening.:)

HE09901PP-L.jpg.827278a4181bcbf137b8a57783d019b4.jpg

HE09901PP-L2.jpg.22a8a61a9d716b55712e29f51e6348aa.jpg

1472252958_T2eC16RHJGsFFMlfig4YBRncO-)Tmw60_1.jpg.4d8c5ca1f40dd100ef71c3109dc9ee53.jpg

Hi ladies' date='[/color']

So pretty and graceful looking--I love a dress that feels like you can twirl in it. I like the color too, just can't wear it.

Wore this dress to an engagement party last night...considering taking it on my upcoming cruise!

[ATTACH]276654[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You look so cute in that dress.

Hi ladies' date='[/color']

Love the dress and really love the color!!

Hi Drew's wife. I really like the dress.I love the floaty look and the colour.

I have got two dresses on order from Ever Pretty at the moment. They are so good and although it takes 40 days or so for my things to reach Cyprus I don't mind as they are so inexpensive and are great cruise wear. I find their sizing is sopt on as well.

I have paid 100's of $ for made to measure clothes but now I buy a few what I call el-cheapos to wear in between.

Great on along cruise.

The one below is Ever Pretty dress and cost less than £30 sterling. I had it shortened and I had shoe string straps added, but for the price you can't go wrong. I have worn it and had it dry cleaned and it comes up as new. It has hand painted flowers on it. They still make this dress.

DSC01563.jpg

If you are in London, you might want to check out Talize (Huron & Highbury) on Monday, June 24 - everything 50% off. That can be a great place to pick up cruise wear. They open 7:00 AM Monday for the sale. :D

I will have to check them out ... dave and I were out of town on some vacation days so I missed that sale but will try and check them out :-)

Have a great day :)