Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

WHBMPurple_zps4ba17466.jpg

Lisa

-----------------------------

Hi Lisa

love your new dress !!!:):):):):) and love the ebay deal !!! Share your secrets for the rest of us :-) Pleeeaaassseeee :-)

Hi Cat,

Here are my eBay buying tips:

1. know your measurements and if the seller does not post the measurements, then ask for them.

2. only buy from sellers with over 1000 reviews and at least 98% are positive.

3. if it's a "make an offer", you can usually get the item if you deduct 20-25% from their "buy it now" price.

4. do searches by the brands that you have had positive experiences with. My searches are Adrianna Papell, JS Collections JS Boutique, Tadashi, and White House Black Market. These brands run long and I know my sizes in them.

5. search eBay at least 2-3 times a week and only buy things that you love.

6. read the return policy and make sure you are comfortable with it.

7. go with new with tags...trust me on this one. I bought a dress that I loved that was "worn once" and listed "like new", well $40 later in dry cleaning bills it is almost like new. My $15 cocktail dress cost me $55 and was not much of a bargain at that point. I do love it, but wish I had this rule before I bought it.

8. on clothing, if you see the word "vintage" then the sizing is not today's sizing and will run about 2 sizes smaller. Yup, I screwed up with this as well.

9. narrow your searches down to your current size, and one size up and down...not all designers size the same.

10. narrow down to the type of clothing or accessory. Like dresses, pants, clutch purses, etc.

I guess that is all my eBay knowledge. As long as you put in some time to search, you will find some great bargains out there. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try to help.

Lisa

Great looking dress! You gave some sound advice for e-bay buying..couldn't have said it better!;)

Michelle

My new strapless dress just arrived! I bought this White House Black Market dress on Ebay for $19.50 through a "make an offer". I love the purple color and this actually hits the top of my knees. I figure this will be good for summer date nights and the cruise. :)

WHBMPurple_zps4ba17466.jpg

Lisa

-----------------------------

Here are my eBay buying tips:

1. know your measurements and if the seller does not post the measurements, then ask for them.

2. only buy from sellers with over 1000 reviews and at least 98% are positive.

3. if it's a "make an offer", you can usually get the item if you deduct 20-25% from their "buy it now" price.

4. do searches by the brands that you have had positive experiences with. My searches are Adrianna Papell, JS Collections JS Boutique, Tadashi, and White House Black Market. These brands run long and I know my sizes in them.

5. search eBay at least 2-3 times a week and only buy things that you love.

6. read the return policy and make sure you are comfortable with it.

7. go with new with tags...trust me on this one. I bought a dress that I loved that was "worn once" and listed "like new", well $40 later in dry cleaning bills it is almost like new. My $15 cocktail dress cost me $55 and was not much of a bargain at that point. I do love it, but wish I had this rule before I bought it.

8. on clothing, if you see the word "vintage" then the sizing is not today's sizing and will run about 2 sizes smaller. Yup, I screwed up with this as well.

9. narrow your searches down to your current size, and one size up and down...not all designers size the same.

10. narrow down to the type of clothing or accessory. Like dresses, pants, clutch purses, etc.

I guess that is all my eBay knowledge. As long as you put in some time to search, you will find some great bargains out there. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try to help.

Lisa

Awesome LISA!

I really appreciate your recommended labels.... I buy very little online, because I am afraid it will be too short - since i am almost 5' 11".

Maybe I will give it another shot....for a bargain. :p

THANK YOU!!

Amy

Awesome LISA!

I really appreciate your recommended labels.... I buy very little online, because I am afraid it will be too short - since i am almost 5' 11".

Maybe I will give it another shot....for a bargain. :p

THANK YOU!!

Amy

You are welcome! I am also 5'11", so it can get tricky with lengths. That is just another measurement I ask for from the seller. When I do buy a dress that is 5 inches above my knees, I go with a fit and flair. F&F will cover my thighs when I sit down where as a more form fitting dress will ride up further.

Lisa

Lisa,

Once again you scored! I love that purple dress! I love your style and taste in all the things you post. I'm especially fond of your purses! I still can't get that nautical one out of my mind...I just loved it!:D So glad you and Walt are better and I hope your next cruise is illness free! Looking forward to seeing more of your cool stuff!:D

Lisa,

Once again you scored! I love that purple dress! I love your style and taste in all the things you post. I'm especially fond of your purses! I still can't get that nautical one out of my mind...I just loved it!:D So glad you and Walt are better and I hope your next cruise is illness free! Looking forward to seeing more of your cool stuff!:D

Thank you and thank you for the nice compliments on the other thread. I am sorry that it spiraled out of control...tone on a forum can be difficult to decipher at times.

Lisa

A World Class Over-Packer ;)

Thank you and thank you for the nice compliments on the other thread. I am sorry that it spiraled out of control...tone on a forum can be difficult to decipher at times.

Lisa

A World Class Over-Packer ;)

You're most welcome, I meant every word! :D

As for the other; I'm over it...can't keep me down long. I know what my intentions were and I'm just sorry if my post wasn't clear. I did go back and edit it to try and make it clearer but it didn't work...someone else jumped in and it just went downhill from there. I'm over it, I'm too happy with my life to let the little things bother me for long!:D Looking forward to seeing photos of your next cruise outfits! Don't forget to show off your purses in the photos! LOL!

Edited by mousey

I've never been on E-bay. I'll have to check it out sometime. I'm just not good at that kind of stuff. When my DS comes home for spring break, I'll have him show me how to get on it to shop. I do know that some of the ladies on this thread have gotten really beautiful stuff on there at great prices and with Lisa's tips I'd feel better giving it a try.

Norwegian Dawn has them. It's the only ship I've been on that had it tho, either that or we missed it on other ships we've been on.

ALL of the Norwegian ships has White Hot Parties.....I didn't know that Royal Caribbean also had them (I have only sailed on RCCL once for a 4 night cruise)

Here are photos of my fiancé and I on the second formal night on Miracle last night. This was the Adrienne Papell gown that I bought more than three years ago and couldn't wear until now. I held off on the warm melting chocolate cake until the last night, after I had worn the dress, which is completely unforgiving. It still fit beautifully after six days of cruising! Oh yeah, he loved it. :D

LaurieMiraclea.jpg

LaurieRussMiraclea.jpg

Would love to see all of the dress...the top is beautiful

We decided not to take formal wear on our Alaska cruise. I just got this dress for formal nights since I can wear it either with or without the jacket.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/r-m-richards-sleeveless-beaded-v-neck-dress-and-jacket?ID=476227&CategoryID=5449&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DR%20%26amp%3B%20M%20Richards%26SPECIAL_OCCASIONS%3DEvening/Formal%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D12%26ruleId%3D65%26slotId%3D9

Mary Lou

I have a long one dress just like this that I bought at Ross......then later I found a cocktail length at Ross without the jacket....but same dress....so I wear the jacket with both dresses

Would love to see all of the dress...the top is beautiful

Thanks, I'll get a picture of it, it's a mermaid style, which is why I said it's very unforgiving. The back is gorgeous, as it is open with two skinny straps. It's very hard to get off, however, and you have to pull it over your head inside out.

Hi ladies, looking for opinions. Starting to plan outfits for my June msc cruise (I know I'm a little early). Cruised with msc last year & rci the year before that. I found that the msc formal nights are not quite as formal as rci. Could you give me your opinions on the two dresses I have. Sorry I don't have a proper full length of the blue. Many thanks. ImageUploadedByForums1394403097.700776.jpg.cde0a1c3f046d642f2ef4f95972da4dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1394403073.738844.jpg.ed86cf2f5e279a2ba256053a9a47d5e2.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1394403087.880813.jpg.792c19434f34845c209568541cecad44.jpg

Hi ladies, looking for opinions. Starting to plan outfits for my June msc cruise (I know I'm a little early). Cruised with msc last year & rci the year before that. I found that the msc formal nights are not quite as formal as rci. Could you give me your opinions on the two dresses I have. Sorry I don't have a proper full length of the blue. Many thanks. [ATTACH]305116[/ATTACH][ATTACH]305117[/ATTACH][ATTACH]305118[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very nice, love that blue. Looks great on you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk