Miami arrival at 2pm, can it be done?

hellopuppies

Hi, we are sailing on Majesty in Sept/2012 for 4 days Bahamas embarks at Miami. I started to reserch air tickets and found the cheapest itinerary will arrive Miami at 2pm on the embarkation day. I checked the RCI website & was advised the latest arrival time is 1pm. I would like to ask if anyone can share their experiences if I can make it to board the ship if I arrive Miami airport at 2pm? Many thanks!

You want to arrive EARLY that morning or even the night before if possible. What time does the ship actually leave?

You have to be checked in and onboard 90 minutes before the ship actually departs. If RCL is telling you 1pm, I would definitely try and get there WAY before that. You want to allow time for potential delays, traffic...etc...

Those 2pm tickets are cheaper because there probably isn't a high demand for them. Cruisers flying into MIA that day are getting on earlier flights, hence the higher prices for those flights...Supply/demand

You don't say what time your ship leaves but just so you know on embarkation day you must be check in 90 minutes prior to the start of the cruise. as tak81288 mentioned.

I would fly in the day before the cruise as if your flight is delayed or cancelled you could miss the ship if you fly in the day of the cruise. But if you take the risk of flying in the day of the cruise plan to arrive early that morning.

Keith

They are about 10 miles away from each other. In Miami time, with Miami traffic- I would not chance it. The plane could be late by just a little and then you would be in a bad situation. What if you have to wait for bags or something?

oops......Majesty departs at 4:30pm Monday. Can anybody tell me how long will it take to go to the port of Miami from Miami airport? Thanks again!

If your flight is not delayed by weather, air traffic control, mechanical issues or crew shortages (all 4 have happened to me in the last 4 months! :(), then you need to wait for your bags (Miami is a big airport, they will not be out fast :(), you might be in a cab ($24+ tip flat rate fare ;)) by about 2:30 and at the port by 2:50 or so.

I hope you are purchasing trip insurance, because you are likely to be flying to the first port to join the ship a day or so late. :eek: Good luck!

I hope you are purchasing trip insurance, because you are likely to be flying to the first port to join the ship a day or so late. :eek: Good luck!

Most policies wouldn't even cover this because the flight is way too close to the ship departure time. Wouldn't even be worth it, imo, to meet the ship a day or two late since this is only a 4 day cruise.

OP: I wouldn't risk it. I would pay extra to get on an earlier flight, or fly in the day before. If there or no delays, If you travel with carry ons only, if you are one of the first ones off the plane, if you can get into a cab quickly and if you don't run into Miami traffic you could make it. However, if one or two of those "ifs" don't happen you are screwed.

Good luck!

Hi, we are sailing on Majesty in Sept/2012 for 4 days Bahamas embarks at Miami. I started to reserch air tickets and found the cheapest itinerary will arrive Miami at 2pm on the embarkation day. I checked the RCI website & was advised the latest arrival time is 1pm. I would like to ask if anyone can share their experiences if I can make it to board the ship if I arrive Miami airport at 2pm? Many thanks!

Do not take this flight. If any little thing goes wrong, you'll be watching your ship sail away instead of being on it. Better to arrive early in the morning or even the day before.

Even if you arrive on time at 2pm, you need time to get off the plane and go to baggage claim to pick up your luggage. This could take 30 minutes. Then you will have to get a cab to go to the port of Miami, about a 20 minute drive maybe more if traffic is heavy. The ship must turn in the passenger manifest 90 minutes before sailing. After that time you cannot board the ship.

Archived