Newbie- am I over my head?

SailingGrace

I echo the advantage of the laundry rooms. Our last two cruises on Princess were two week ones and we did a few loads of laundry (last cruise I used the unscented Purex 3-in-one's and they didn't even cause an allergic reaction for my daughter who's allergic to regular detergent).

Another advantage to Princess is that unless you have a crummy cruise director, there are many sea day activities.

And take those 3 in 1 laundry sheets with you (I think they are by Purex). They pack light and make everything in the suitecase smell nice.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

But cut off the blue fabric softener strip because it can cause greasy looking spots on the clothes.

But cut off the blue fabric softener strip because it can cause greasy looking spots on the clothes.

I used these things once and didn't feel like my clothes were clean at all. Target sells single use packets of Tide liquid that I pack in a freezer zip lock bag along with my own fabric softener sheets.

New to Princess Cruises and just booked a transatlantic to catch up with RC's Mariner of the Seas in Europe.

Any advice for a month aboard ship? Or any advice to a newbie to Princess?

It's great to relax whilst at sea, participate in some activities, take Afternoon Tea, see some shows. Once you get on land/ports you be quite busy and often tired!

Cheers.

Bring at least 1 roll of quarters. It now costs $4.00 to do 1 load for wash & dry ($2.00 each).

Enjoy trivia and mingling with your fellow passengers.

Give MUTS a try since the Mariner doesn't have that.

Also, buy at least a day pass for The Sanctuary if it's warm enough - another thing RCI doesn't have.

If you enjoy wine, do the wine tasting while onboard (there are 2 of them and go to the better one).

Go to afternoon tea. Princess does a pretty nice job of it.

Go to a Pub Lunch on one of your sea days.

Enjoy the quiet intimate atmosphere on Princess that is hard to come by on RCI. :)

Bring at least 1 roll of quarters. It now costs $4.00 to do 1 load for wash & dry ($2.00 each). -- or get quarters at the Purser's desk

If you enjoy wine, do the wine tasting while onboard (there are 2 of them and go to the better one). There is a charge for these

see above in red

Archived