The Fleets in Town,,,

Just a heads up for anyone in Auckland reading this ...NOW.

Rhapsody of the Seas is arriving at 11.30am this morning ,so she should look great sailing past the North Shore and up the Harbour. She is just off Orewa as I post ,so should arrive in 1 1/2 to 2 hrs time.

Just a heads up for anyone in Auckland reading this ...NOW.

Rhapsody of the Seas is arriving at 11.30am this morning ,so she should look great sailing past the North Shore and up the Harbour. She is just off Orewa as I post ,so should arrive in 1 1/2 to 2 hrs time.

Wow David,

Can you see the ships from your house?

Will Celebrity be leaving from the same wharves in Auckland?

An interesting aside, if you check out the web cam, you can see Queens Wharf, which as well as hosting Pacific Dawn, is being used as the main fan zone for the Rugby...

http://www.waterfrontauckland.co.nz/Areas/Queens-Wharf/Images/Webcam.aspx

It's packed out already for the final tonight between All Blacks and France and the game does not start till 9 PM tonight.....just gone 3.30 in the afternoon local time.....

I think there may be a few cans being downed:D

The other neat thing with that cam, is that if you move the mouse from side to side , across the screen , you can see the ships rising and falling with the tide.

David.What is that strange worm-like thing on the wharf??Barry

Ha Ha...We call it the worm as well Barry.

It is known officially as the Cloud.

It is "Party Central", Entertaining Venue, etc for the WRC.It has 2 levels inside and display halls , bars, cafes ,restaurants etc . It is just a steel frame with a plastic type covering stretched over it.

I should add....it wasnt our idea, as we had it foisted upon us by some politician from Wellington who decided that as they were paying for it we could take what they gave us.

There were many pleas to build something that coul be used as a cruise terminal, as that is what Queens is to become, but I believe after the Cup ...the Cloud is all coming down.

Thank you David for the great pics.

You make visiting the forum so much more exciting.

I am just checking out the Downtown Auckland Webcam pics I hope someone capturers the cruise ships all lit up on the final night.

Maybe some artist or screen printer is allowed to reproduce the night scene at the wharfs with the cruise ships in.

Would love to have one of those on my wall.

What a fantastic game it was. I need to grow my fingernails back now. :eek: lol

Cheers

Thank you David for the great pics.

You make visiting the forum so much more exciting.

I am not David ;) :)

Maybe some artist or screen printer is allowed to reproduce the night scene at the wharfs with the cruise ships in.

Would love to have one of those on my wall.

I had hoped to go over to Devonport one night to get a photo of the ships at night, but the weather and trying to get to Devonport when there was a rugby march on made it too hard!. :(

Archived