Spinner Suitcases?

Fighterone

My wife and I both LOVE our spinners. Absolutely worth the extra money. We've NEVER experienced them "spinning around in circles". I love how well I can move mine up and down airplane aisles...all 4 wheels on the floor and close to me. That way I don't take up much room but the suitcase just rolls in front of me so smoothly.

We have two large spinners and can't imagine ever going back to a 2 wheeler. My husband has had 3 surgeries for rotator cuff repair and pulling a suitcase behind him is very uncomfortable. We haven't had to replace or repair the wheels on either. Sorry I don't know the brand off hand as they're up in the attic waiting for their next trip in November.

They are fabulous! We bought 2 pieces 2 yrs. ago when we were going on a river cruise. Best thing we ever did. I hated that my husband always had to schlepp along lugging 2 big suitcases and one or the other would invariably fall over while pulling it. So we splurged. We went to Kohl's and they were having a sale on Samsonite. We got them at half the usual retail price. I can even roll it along through the airports or on the ships. We haven't had any problems w/ the wheels either. I am not sure I would spend mega dollars for an expensive set. It is awful how they are tossed around by the airlines.

I have seen really good buys at some of the discount stores - TJ Maxx, Marshall's, etc. and they sell name brands. I have seen Heys brand at outlet stores also. Check online also. You can find a decent price if you search.

As an alternative, you might want to look at Tutto: http://www.tuttocases.com/index.html I have only the "carry on" but I love it, especially on airplanes because it rolls sideways and easily in the aisles, either pulled or pushed. Also, they stack easily and securely if you have to cope with one than one.

Looks like they only go length wise & do not roll standing up is that correct??

I had a Samsonite one like that but it kept falling over & the pull strap was too short for DH to pull

Lyn

They are fabulous! We bought 2 pieces 2 yrs. ago when we were going on a river cruise. Best thing we ever did. I hated that my husband always had to schlepp along lugging 2 big suitcases and one or the other would invariably fall over while pulling it. So we splurged. We went to Kohl's and they were having a sale on Samsonite. We got them at half the usual retail price. I can even roll it along through the airports or on the ships. We haven't had any problems w/ the wheels either. I am not sure I would spend mega dollars for an expensive set. It is awful how they are tossed around by the airlines.

I have seen really good buys at some of the discount stores - TJ Maxx, Marshall's, etc. and they sell name brands. I have seen Heys brand at outlet stores also. Check online also. You can find a decent price if you search.

Great tip about Marshall's and TJ Maxx. I will check that out. I had pretty much made up my mind to order online from the same bunch that I ordered the set of two wheelers, after I return them but now, it doesn't look like I will be traveling anytime soon so I might just keep checking these stores.

I wish I had had the spinners on the last trip. It would have made the self debarkation easier especially since DH has rotator cuff issues also. I don't mean to hijack my own thread but I am interested to hear about your DH's issues with that Carol and thanks for the tips too. DH is trying to use a doctor's theory who uses traction and some special exercises. So far, it seems to be helping somewhat.

We have two large spinners and can't imagine ever going back to a 2 wheeler. My husband has had 3 surgeries for rotator cuff repair and pulling a suitcase behind him is very uncomfortable. We haven't had to replace or repair the wheels on either. Sorry I don't know the brand off hand as they're up in the attic waiting for their next trip in November.

My husband had 2 different surgeons for his 3 surgeries. His best outcome was when he did physical therapy before and after the surgery. His first surgeon didn't order any therapy before or after! I think getting the muscles in surrounding area stronger before the surgery helped a lot. Repeatedly trying to repair the tendons in this area has left him with limited flexibility. There is only so much cutting and repairing you can do! For him the backward rotation of the shoulder, like pulling a suitcase behind him, is very uncomfortable so the four wheel suitcase has been very helpful for him.

My husband had 2 different surgeons for his 3 surgeries. His best outcome was when he did physical therapy before and after the surgery. His first surgeon didn't order any therapy before or after! I think getting the muscles in surrounding area stronger before the surgery helped a lot. Repeatedly trying to repair the tendons in this area has left him with limited flexibility. There is only so much cutting and repairing you can do! For him the backward rotation of the shoulder, like pulling a suitcase behind him, is very uncomfortable so the four wheel suitcase has been very helpful for him.

Will pass this on to my DH. Thanks Carol

Looks like they only go length wise & do not roll standing up is that correct??

I had a Samsonite one like that but it kept falling over & the pull strap was too short for DH to pull

Lyn

That's right, Lyn. But they don't have straps or the usual type of handle. The handle is like the ones on the harnesses of seeing eye dogs. It's very steady (and expandable). You have to remove the handle and tuck it inside when you collapse the case for storage..

That's right, Lyn. But they don't have straps or the usual type of handle. The handle is like the ones on the harnesses of seeing eye dogs. It's very steady (and expandable). You have to remove the handle and tuck it inside when you collapse the case for storage..

Thanks Ann

Now I see the handle ...just need to look closer ;)

Lyn

Archived