Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

What a great service to have this thread. I am finding it a great tool and will likely let me save a few bucks by selecting a cabin I might not otherwise have considered. Have you had any luck in adding balcony cabins with obstructed views? Thanks again.

this is great! thanks for this! confirms my worst fears though...it looked like it was totally obstructed on the deck plan and sure is! can only hope for slight upgrade! but at what we paid, can't really complain

Don't worry too much Mary Ann -- you will still get sunlight and an idea of what the weather is (rain bounces off the tenders:p). Use the inside cabin trick of leaving the TV turned to the front camera station. On obstructed view cabins I think it always best to choose your cabin and say no upgrade. Even a move of one cabin down or up can get you fully obstructed view (storage cabinet and middle of the big tenders) while the cabin next to it has at least some view. Since the price is the same (based on the position of the cabin in relation to midships) it is your value to have the less obstructed view leaving the very obstructed great orange walls to guarantees. Most any other cabin class I would take the chance that guarantee would be good enough but not on Emerald deck (obstructed view). I do not believe that any balconies other than the ones right under the bridge are obstructed -- and the obstruction in those are the fact that can't go on the balcony at times and at night. I would think that the obstruction is nil since it is the same view as the Captain! Look at the prices. If $10 extra allows you to choose and you have this thread to guide you go for the best cabin you can book (unless I WANT IT :D)

Mary Ann, If you haven't tried this it is worth a shot -- it has worked for me. Go to Princess and make a dummy booking (don't worry won't charge you cause you don't go to the end) and see what cabins are available in the class you have been assigned (or heck higher!). Look it up on this thread and see what you will see! If something better ask for it -- can't do more than say no. Ask for specific cabins and see if they will play nice. If you bought from Princess go to them and if you have a TA ask them to ask. Sometimes Princess helps those who ask nicely:rolleyes: have a great cruise.

Thanks to all the people who send me pictures of cabins, it is much appreciated. We are traveling around Europa right now and will be on the Emerald June 3rd.

I will reply to all of you as soon as I'm back home by the end of June. In the meantime please keep those pictures coming.

Theo

Don't know how to capture the picture for here but there are some good pictures of E302 on Grand class which is a handicapped ov room. Lots of people need that information. It is currently on the threads.

Are there obstructed oceanview photos for the Sea Princess? When I clicked on the listing located along the side, I got a photo of each ship (Sea, Sun, and one other) but no cabin locations. It looks like there aren't many obstructed oceanviews and none are on Emeral deck.

Are there obstructed oceanview photos for the Sea Princess? When I clicked on the listing located along the side, I got a photo of each ship (Sea, Sun, and one other) but no cabin locations. It looks like there aren't many obstructed oceanviews and none are on Emeral deck.

When you click on the Dawn/Sea/Sun heading there are a few sub headings with cabin numbers, click on one of those and there are some pictures.

I don't have too many for those ships but there are a few. Also, the obstructed view cabins on those ships are on the Dolphin deck.

Hope this helps.

Theo

Edited by Renmar

Does anybody have a picture of Caribbean Princess E717 or E718? I would like to know how obstructed they are as they are just before a mini suite. It has not been posted on your site, yet?

Here is E718's view. First shot is straight out and second to the right.

attachment.php?attachmentid=236450&d=1339470976

attachment.php?attachmentid=236451&d=1339470976

CBe718.jpg.1d222f60493ffb218f548a4d18524709.jpg

CBe718r.jpg.901b1f0466260492430691c659be8766.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Would you be able to add E404 to your list? We were not able to get the cabin we wanted after looking on this site so we settled for E404 not knowing.

Many thanks in advance!!

Nancy

Here is the view from E404 which was taken in Southampton, England as was the above shot for E718.

attachment.php?attachmentid=236453&d=1339470976

CBe404.jpg.9f6180d3c83c557aa31ffccefc10551a.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We are leaving this cabin tomorrow. We quite liked the room arrangement, twin beds under the window.

We are looking over the top of the tender (lifeboat?) We have no problem with this cabin at all. (of course a balcony would be nicer!;))

Great site, Theo!